The MT-07 Forum

Upside down dash

phanomenal07

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

It really sux that I paid them all that money just to come home and try to figure all this out on my own. So far I checked the wheel alignment and it seems to be pretty aligned as far as I can tell. Also the chain seems to be on to tight. But I’m not quite sure. I rode it for quite awhile and the steering seems to be really stiff and I’m not sure if that’s because of my tires or they still had the steering stem too tight. The bike seems to just fall into corners but no play in the handle bar at all. It almost feels like how it felt when I first got my steering damper before it broke in.  

Ps the guy said “tuning my engine” was part of the service. That doesn’t mean he messed with my ecu and reflash at all right?

If they over tightened the steering stem too much they may have dimpled the bearings. But to check that you'd need to get the front wheel off the ground so you can have free movement of the bars and feel for notching as you move the bars from side to side. If they did dimple the bearing races or bearings they should be replaced. I recommend if they have to be replaced that tapered bearings be used since they would be a nice upgrade from the quality of the OEM bearings for probably the same or cheaper price than OEM bearings.

I don't believe they would have touched your ECU. At most the may have checked your valve clearances and perhaps your spark plugs. More of  "tune-up" more than an actual tune would be my guess.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived