The MT-07 Forum

Twins Cup Race....

blackout

• Premium Member

Watching the Utah races of last weekend, I'm glad I live near tracks where grass can grow.  The sand on the Utah track was nuts.  Get off line and you are screwed.

To me, Pittrace looks like a fast track.  The only track I have run, nyst, is slower, but technical.   Top speeds for the front straight is under 150 for the liter bikes.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

On 7/26/2018 at 12:22 PM, blackout said:

Watching the Utah races of last weekend, I'm glad I live near tracks where grass can grow.  The sand on the Utah track was nuts.  Get off line and you are screwed.

To me, Pittrace looks like a fast track.  The only track I have run, nyst, is slower, but technical.   Top speeds for the front straight is under 150 for the liter bikes.

PittRace is a fast but flowing track with some technical sections and elevation.  Top speeds are not quite as high as Road Atlanta, VIR or certainly Road America, but obviously faster than something like NYST.  At last years MA tests, they were coming through the kink on the back straight at over 150 with mid 50 deg lean angle.

3 weeks out and here we sit waiting. I think its my new PR for pre-race readiness. Sadly were going to be a 1 Yamaha team, Harry et al couldn't make it.  I lost a crew member as well. It's tough for real people to commit to a week on the road for someone else's folly what with  kids, life, jobs and such. 

IMG_20180804_112705353_resized.thumb.jpg.b579aaee6618fed334a29fd97ba9df99.jpg

Giddyup 

Archived