The MT-07 Forum

Excellent ride !

Guru

• Global Moderator

So guru, you are doing the hard-ish break in but with the first oil change as specified by Yamaha? That was my plan too. Let me know what you think after the service.

My wife just left for a nine day trip to Philly with her sister. I sure wish my bike was here. Actually not tonight, I just opened IPA number two :)

• Global Moderator

Yeah. I'm not going crazy on the break in and am not abusing the bike but I'm not taking it too easy. I pretty much ignore the 5000rpm limit but on our back roads you end up under 5k while cruising anyway.
I just follow the advice of the of the chief mechanic at the dealer. I think he know what he is talking about. So 1000km service it is and no full synthetic for me. I am pretty sure the oil filter is good enough to skip a very early oil change.

I had to google IPA... International Phonetic Alphabet huh?  :P

But I think I get it now.. Nice  lol

20140706_181843_resized.jpg

• Global Moderator

Actually I guess that is a double red ale, but it is close enough. Especially as it is all I have in the fridge.

• Global Moderator

I can see on the picture that you wife is not there lol... plastic plates, TV on, beer.. at least you're using a coaster  :D

Guest montana07

Dude, I'm shocked that place is still so clean with your wife gone. She would be proud of the coaster though.

• Global Moderator

She has not been gone long. Give me another day or two.

• 9 months later...
Well, I have seen discussions on other forums that I rather not promote to much. 
But what it boils down to is that some bikes (not all) have problems with the bike spontaneously stalling. Usually in heavy traffic, warm weather and during waiting at a traffic light. Riders have their bike in neutral, light goes green, engage the clutch and shift in first and the bike goes dead. Some people blame user error but I believe that is not the issue.
There have also been reports that after the first service the problem goes away. It could be that the dealer changes something (like idle speed or maybe fuel management) or it could be that different oil is used. Some people even say that the bike is transformed after the first service.

There are some that cry out that Yamaha should do a recall, which I think is overreacting.

Ugh. I had losts of stalling out of the gate. And it happened a lot less after break-in/first service(~700mi) BUT I have just had a second service at ~3400 mi and it's now happening all the time. This blows. I love my bike I hate the fact that this happens. At a red light no problem during a quick stop pulling in the clutch it dies in 3rd. That's a big problem!

• Global Moderator
Ugh. I had losts of stalling out of the gate. And it happened a lot less after break-in/first service(~700mi) BUT I have just had a second service at ~3400 mi and it's now happening all the time. This blows. I love my bike I hate the fact that this happens. At a red light no problem during a quick stop pulling in the clutch it dies in 3rd. That's a big problem!
There is an interesting thread HERE about stalling problems people are experiencing.

Archived