The MT-07 Forum

MT07 Left Switch Upgrade

kylerhsm

UPDATE! I just spoke to a dealer in Arizona. He has a 2020 MT03 in stock. The switch is not like the European model and has the same issue as the FZ07. So its back to the drawing board. The Online pictures are not accurate.

22 hours ago, scat2me said:

UPDATE! I just spoke to a dealer in Arizona. He has a 2020 MT03 in stock. The switch is not like the European model and has the same issue as the FZ07. So its back to the drawing board. The Online pictures are not accurate.

Damn what a bummer.

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2020 at 6:34 PM, scat2me said:

Thanks for the update  !

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Swapped mine out for the euro switch gear over a year ago and its been one of the best mods I've made. Its a much better layout that should have come on the bike in the first place.

I just picked up my MT and that was the first thing I noticed.  Figured it was just me since my last three bikes were Suzukis with nearly identical switch gear.  I hate that I have to look down to use it most of the time.  I'll keep this mod in my back pocket.

It was pricey but well worth it. I put on some new Pro Taper adventure bars that I filled with liquid silicone and BBS to eliminate the vibration. I also changed the Halogen bulb to a Cyclops. Spent the afternoon on it and took my time wiring the switch. You notice the difference right away,

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is brilliant thank you! I recently helped my friend do the same mod, but between a Honda CB250 and a CB300 - the indicator switch and horn were vice versa from top to bottom, which didn't match his other bikes, and it took a lot of messing about with wire colours not matching the diagrams. I will order the MT03 part and have a go - cheers!

I ordered the part from Fowlers. Here is the contact information

Kind Regards

Kye Robins
Telephone Order Executives
Contact Centre

2-12 Bath Road
Bristol
BS4 3DR, UK
kye.robins@fowlers.co.uk
www.fowlers.co.uk.

The pins required for the wiring are here 

090 - 2.2mm Female Terminal 50 Pieces -Sumitomo 1500-0110 - 1500-0106 MT-HM-HW | eBay

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Thank you for this post and I have been thinking of doing it for a long time. Finally my original switch broke, the hi/low beam button came off so I got around to do it,

Got it mounted today :)

The modification of the wiring was easy and I reused the pins and soldered the pin from the unused wire to the pink.

Getting the headlight assy back in place was all but easy for me, took an hour to find a way to pack in the cables in a way that worked.

Happy with the buttons where they should be and look and feel is much better. Also it was cheaper than to replace the stock with a new stock.

1000000259.jpg

• Like 3