The MT-07 Forum

Repairing front end after crash (build thread)

AlbatrossCafe

Serti07
On 11/19/2019 at 7:49 PM, AlbatrossCafe said:

Aargh... so close! Finally got my dual vertical headlight wired up to the old H4 plug and put all of the headlight assembly & turn signals on the bike. It was nearly perfect, but found out the headlight is aimed a bit too high. What's worse, clear dictates that I can't point it down anymore without adding some additional brackets/nonsense to my headlight mount. I was hoping I could get away with at least the hi-beam (on top) being pointed too high but it is extreme. It points at the ceiling when I am on the bike.

Gonna grab some tiny L-brackets and try to shove the lights forward another 2-3" or so. This should give me clearance to adjust them to point lower. I also think it might help the look as they are really close to the steering.

The look is interesting. I like it well enough. Mostly I like that it is unique. It was a fun challenge. I'm SUPER happy I was able to fit LED bulbs into them. It wouldn't be the same with Halogens. And since they are projectors, they are actually focused properly. I'll grab some more "scenic" pics in the daylight once I have it nailed down.

ZkzRaKP.jpg

Low Beam:

NVMJN4h.jpg

You can see how far in the lights sit now from riding position:

zu058UB.jpg

Top light can't be aimed downwards due to clearance under ignition:

0ALnLoR.jpg

LED bulb fitment:

yUa9YHY.jpg

Starting this journey and idk if I’m ready 😂

IMG_0102.jpeg