The MT-07 Forum

Still on the fence about an OEM R6 throttle tube ? First impressions after running stock tube for 3 years!

EZrider

That's what I wanted to know, the OEM Yamaha part is the part needed.    Hope the grip is the same as that on my XSR, but hey, can always blow the grips off and switch.

• Premium Member
On 9/2/2019 at 8:55 PM, DewMan said:

Give it a try. If you don't like it worse case you'll be out less than $10.😀

$10?!  These must be highly coveted here in Canada because I could only find them at the dealer for $45. Ooof!  Ah well, whats a few extra bucks? Sounds like it'll be a nice little upgrade.    

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, klx678 said:

That's what I wanted to know, the OEM Yamaha part is the part needed.    Hope the grip is the same as that on my XSR, but hey, can always blow the grips off and switch.

Confirmed. This is what I bought and it works great. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

i got an r6 throttle tube, and it changes completely the bike if you turn fast the throttle from 20 to 100%, its sure there will be wheel spinning even in 3rd and power wheelie in 2nd. i really like it probably best and cheapest mod i did. i got an OEM R6 thottle tube it greatly reduces the thottle movement before from 0 to 100% i had tu turn my wrist like 90º or probably a bit more now its like 60º. this really calls our hooligan part to the party.

• Like 1