The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

To hold the shock spanner and any docs in the storage compartment

How does it work? Latches under the seat?

• Premium Member

@ papa L ... The storage tray has a lil tab on each side to hold the metal rings...

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

@ papa L ... The storage tray has a lil tab on each side to hold the metal rings...

I'll take a look tomorrow. Thank you! It's been eating away at me since I got the bike.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
Giles tooling paddock stand chain tensioners, R6 throttle tube, hooked up my aux USB outlet, pulled power commander off and placed for sale. Guess I should put it back together at some point. Gotta go build a set of turn signals now.
how much did ya end up paying for those adjusters? i was looking at getting a set for myself. also, how many of those signal sets have ya made so far?
$178 shipped from ebay. I like them really wish swing arm had a place for spools built in but you cant have everything.  That would have added like $7 to the overall cost to build the bike.  Thought about welding some in but thats too much work.  

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
Giles tooling paddock stand chain tensioners, R6 throttle tube, hooked up my aux USB outlet, pulled power commander off and placed for sale. Guess I should put it back together at some point. Gotta go build a set of turn signals now.
Why pull the PC?
I got the ECU Flash from Nels at 2WheeelDynoWorks and i liked it so much i dont need the PC.  I have it for sale now.  

• Premium Member

I've got the Giles tooling rear spools also. I use them quite a bit... chain lube, chain adjustment, level the bike for an oil change, in combination with front stand to change fork springs, etc.
I agree that the bike should have come with them, but considering the bike we got for the price it's no surprise. :)
I'm just glad that there are so many outstanding aftermarket enhancements available.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
how much did ya end up paying for those adjusters? i was looking at getting a set for myself. also, how many of those signal sets have ya made so far?
Sorry only got to one question.  Ive made 10 basic turn kits and 6 turn/brake combos.  I also made another set for myself but im not telling want that is people will want it and I don't really want to make these too...  If i averaged how much i get paid per hour to do those i'd be better off taking a 2nd job a McDonalds.  Turn/Brake combos kill me. I broke my wrist a few years ago and the small delicate work required to wire those things up just make it hurt so bad.  Not really sure why. 

I'll take a look tomorrow. Thank you! It's been eating away at me since I got the bike.
It's pretty useless unless you have a bunch of stuff in there for it to strap down.  Mine won't stay put unless the rubber is tensioned a bit. 
  • Like 1

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Global Moderator
There are little hooks where the strap latches into. It fits better when you add some extra tools: 

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

• Like 1

thomascrown

My dealership didn't give me that. And they called about my recall about 2 weeks ago....7 months after the recall was issued by Yamaha. What a bunch of clowns.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

The dealership here refused to order part until they had the bike and then couldn't say when part would be here. The refused to order it until they got a big enough order from Yamaha to qualify for free shipping. They had my bike for 17 days.

• Like 1

My dealership didn't give me that. And they called about my recall about 2 weeks ago....7 months after the recall was issued by Yamaha. What a bunch of clowns.
At least they called you.  Mine hasn't made any contact with me since the day I rode off the lot except when my plates came in, and even then I had to call them to ask. 

The dealership here refused to order part until they had the bike and then couldn't say when part would be here. The refused to order it until they got a big enough order from Yamaha to qualify for free shipping. They had my bike for 17 days.
For the battery cable recall?  Eff that!  I still haven't taken mine in, but I did reroute the cable myself when I installed the EJK.  It seems fine where I have it; no signs of chaffing.  I'm not dropping mine off until they tell me I'll get it back the same day.  In fact, I may ride there and wait on it.  

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

That's how you got it back had a buddy drop me off with my gear and leave right away. I told them I'm leaving here on my bike with or without recall done. Found out they had parts for a few days. I watched the tech do the work took about 20 mins. Shady ass dealership. Yamaha got an ear full over them.... I hope they get shut down. The "owner" came over to talk to me with slurred speech smelling of alcohol... I was furious to say the least. My bike was also filthy, it was pollen season but it looked like it was kept outside.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

Wow. I guess my dealer is better than I realized. I made an appointment and it took them less than thirty minutes to do the job. They even checked my tire pressure.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

This is by far the most shady dealership I've ever seen. Glad my home dealership is better. Place I bought my bike was awesome.

• Premium Member
Playing around with the small bulb, Blue LED looks nice. 
ETdsdiQ.jpg

FkSeyrH.jpg

6H1D9Gk.jpg

Here is the cool white bulb on the bike:

z9PB2ed.jpg

5VG7Zxy.jpg

0wiCWSF.jpg

3Fp35yO.jpg

Will be keeping the cool white on the bike instead of the blue one.
It looks so much cooler...LOL
Headlight bulb is next.....
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Just installed the Denali SoundBomb horn, oh my god, it is insanely loud. Worth the money :)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just installed the Denali SoundBomb horn, oh my god, it is insanely loud. Worth the money :)
Was it a direct replacement, or did you have mod the bracket? Linky?

• Premium Member
Was it a direct replacement, or did you have mod the bracket? Linky?

I used a bracket to mount it from the frame bolt, easy installation with the wiring harness they sell as well, zip tied for cable management, I removed the stock horn since it's dead weight now, the way it mounted it's flush with the bike and barely behind the frame slider coverage.  

Linky

• Like 1

Over the last week i finally got in all the parts ive ordered. 
- Yosh fender eliminator
- brake and clutch levers (ebay)
- Two brothers full exhaust

Spent the day installing it all and it went well!  a couple of minor hiccups but all good in the end.
Damn two bros sounds so good.  It should be  a serious contender on all of your lists.

Looking into the cyclops lights now.

• Premium Member
Will be keeping the cool white on the bike instead of the blue one. It looks so much cooler...LOL
Headlight bulb is next.....
For headlight bulb consider the OSRAM Night Racer 110 H4. It is really good. OSRAM Site

• Like 1

Sorry only got to one question.  Ive made 10 basic turn kits and 6 turn/brake combos.  I also made another set for myself but im not telling want that is people will want it and I don't really want to make these too...  If i averaged how much i get paid per hour to do those i'd be better off taking a 2nd job a McDonalds.  Turn/Brake combos kill me. I broke my wrist a few years ago and the small delicate work required to wire those things up just make it hurt so bad.  Not really sure why.
Thank you for your hard work sir! Just received the kits from you, and they are beautifully made! I can't wait to put them on.  

There are little hooks where the strap latches into. It fits better when you add some extra tools:  
IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

Outstanding! Thank you for the pics. I wouldn't have associated those clips with it.
  • Like 1