The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

I got my full motorcycle licence on Monday so today, I installed my Yoshimura exhaust... (Here in New Zealand, you're not allowed to modify the bike performance wise whilst on your restricted or probationary licence)
I'm so happy with the Yoshi, sounds amazing!!!

• Premium Member
Will be keeping the cool white on the bike instead of the blue one. It looks so much cooler...LOL
Headlight bulb is next.....
For headlight bulb consider the OSRAM Night Racer 110 H4. It is really good. OSRAM Site

I went with these to try out as a headlight bulb GENSSI Super White 5000k pretty cheap for $11 bucks for the pair. 

pantheraleo
Will be keeping the cool white on the bike instead of the blue one. It looks so much cooler...LOL
For headlight bulb consider the OSRAM Night Racer 110 H4. It is really good. OSRAM Site

I have been impressed with the improvement this straight swap has made for my night riding, too. A very good value!

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member

Will be keeping the cool white on the bike instead of the blue one.
It looks so much cooler...LOL
Well...  I just got my blue bulb installed, and I think it's pretty cool still. :) 

Why can't left turners see us?

bmwpowere36m3

Installed a Vagabond fender eliminator… saves ~1.4 lbs (not taking into account turn signals if you go for small aftermarket ones). Now waiting on a Motodynamic taillight and then I'll decide if I want to still run separate turn signals.

IMG_1356.jpg

• Global Moderator

I would think upgrading to LED is a no-brainer:  click

• Premium Member

I would think upgrading to LED is a no-brainer:  click
A great option, but not exactly a no-brainer when you consider the added cost.  A good high quality H4 is still a great, cost effective option. 
  • Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Just got confirmation that my parts are being held in Customs in Germany for the past 11 days... :-/ No ETA on when they will arrive.

so not happy about that.  >:D

hopefully have some time later today or this weekend to install all this here
11327104_662538803876785_1246364629_n.jpg

Eliminator kit.....OES full slider kit...and smoke Motodynamic tail lights.

• Global Moderator

I don't think the colour matches at all if I am honest. But it doesn't matter they look great !

• Premium Member

Put the Akra Ti back on, mirrors are back on, and did some more dyno tuning tweaking the map for a little less engine braking.

Will test it out tomorrow :)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
The dealership here refused to order part until they had the bike and then couldn't say when part would be here. The refused to order it until they got a big enough order from Yamaha to qualify for free shipping. They had my bike for 17 days.
For the battery cable recall?  Eff that!  I still haven't taken mine in, but I did reroute the cable myself when I installed the EJK.  It seems fine where I have it; no signs of chaffing.  I'm not dropping mine off until they tell me I'll get it back the same day.  In fact, I may ride there and wait on it.  
That is surprising, I called my dealership and made an appointment within a week, went for a coffee across the dealership and picked the bike up about 90 min later, all done. You might want to look for a different dealership....

Love to ride!

• Global Moderator
Put the Akra Ti back on, mirrors are back on, and did some more dyno tuning tweaking the map for a little less engine braking. 

- Paulie

how was laguna?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
For the battery cable recall?  Eff that!  I still haven't taken mine in, but I did reroute the cable myself when I installed the EJK.  It seems fine where I have it; no signs of chaffing.  I'm not dropping mine off until they tell me I'll get it back the same day.  In fact, I may ride there and wait on it.  
That is surprising, I called my dealership and made an appointment within a week, went for a coffee across the dealership and picked the bike up about 90 min later, all done. You might want to look for a different dealership....

Yeah Im living out of state for 5 months so I brought my bike so I have something to do in my free time. My home dealership is good this one just sucks. I almost made an appointment where I bought the bike they kept the kits in stock because they sold so many of these. I would have had to ride 200 miles bit it would have been faster....

• Premium Member

- Paulie

how was laguna?
In a word...unforgettable :) 
I'm in the middle of resizing all the pics and finishing the write up of the weekend.  Should be posted in my thread soon.

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Laguna is one of those track that's if you ever get a chance to go to, do it!!! I've been lucky enough to drive (in a car) some of the coolest tracks in the world. Laguna seca, Road Atlanta, Road America, Daytona, VIR, Sebring, Nurembergring. I've probably been on a half dozen other not as iconic tracks. Carolina Motorsports park, gingerman raceway, Pittsburgh Internal Raceway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, spring mountain, and a few others but almost nothing is as cool as the corkscrew at Laguna. Taking that left hand turn just before you enter it and not being able to see the track or where you need to go is an unforgettable experience. Just have to rely on land markers and instinct. Truly awesome. It's probably a bit different on a bike but every bit as amazing.

• Premium Member

Installed r6 throttle tube and half of my case savers from t-rex racing, gotta wait till next oil change to put the shifter side on cuz 2 bolt I need to remove to install the case saver will just let oil come out...have yet to test out the bike after the mods were done... FYI that adult root beer from " small town brewery" is effing good...:D

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
Laguna is one of those track that's if you ever get a chance to go to, do it!!! I've been lucky enough to drive (in a car) some of the coolest tracks in the world. Laguna seca, Road Atlanta, Road America, Daytona, VIR, Sebring, Nurembergring. I've probably been on a half dozen other not as iconic tracks. Carolina Motorsports park, gingerman raceway, Pittsburgh Internal Raceway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, spring mountain, and a few others but almost nothing is as cool as the corkscrew at Laguna. Taking that left hand turn just before you enter it and not being able to see the track or where you need to go is an unforgettable experience. Just have to rely on land markers and instinct. Truly awesome. It's probably a bit different on a bike but every bit as amazing.
Yeah man, it was a dream come true.  I can only imagine it in a car, but on a bike, when you introduce lean angles and such, it's just as you said...unforgettable :) 
It'll be something I have in my memory banks for a long, long time.  I've driven the 'Ring also (in a car), but the corkscrew at Laguna...wow, just wow.  Not sure what can top that particular corner...maybe Eau Rouge at Spa? 

What I do know is that this whole experience doing track days has got me hooked, and the FZ-07 is proving to be a very capable performer in nearly all settings - track, canyon carving, commuting, touring, etc.  Yamaha really did hit a home run with this motorcycle.  So much so, it's got me second guessing my plans to purchase a new R1 next spring.

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

Just changed my oil and filter. :-) idk why but it is completely satisfying to see used oil come out, and putting in clean, fresh oil in.

• Premium Member

Put on my gold CRG shorty levers, washed the bike, then cleaned and lubed the chain... today was a good day *ice cube voice*

Today I rode down to the Sunset Grill and saw an older guy in the parking lot on an old Harley hit a curb @ about 3 mph. and fall over into some bushes. He looked like a drunk old sailor all red in the face, rough voice and struggling to get the bike off of him and I wondered if he had had too much to drink. He was pretty well pinned so I helped lift the 700 lb. pos off of him. I didn't smell any alcohol and I asked him if he was ok to ride and he said yeah. He pulled away fairly steady so I didn't follow him. Hope he made it home ok. I went to the Yamaha dealership also and saw that they had some of that Motul T4 full synthetic oil there for like $37. I should've checked but it looked like a gallon jug. Maybe just two quarts. Have to call them and ask.

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Changed the oil and tightened up the chain. Basically did first maintenance.

Took it in for the 600 mile service. Rides great now

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold