The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

Tested the new mapping on the way home from the shop. Somehow, he gained some tq down low and in the midrange, reduced engine braking (at my request), and retained everything else like it was, with a new tune in this 110 degree heat. Bike is running like a champ!

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I'm going on a nice long ride today. Haven't done anything more than commute on the bike in over a month.

• Premium Member

Yesterday - Changed the chain. Just passed 11,500 miles.
Today - Rode with a bunch of FZ07s!!!

• Like 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

day, I put in about 450 miles from Cary, NC to New Bern up to Washington, NC down to Morehead City (with help from a ferry) across to Emerald Isle and then back. Needless to say, I was dog-tired by the time I got back.  

72321b00-f978-4b83-9c8c-cd1a2462f63d.jpg

I found some nice curvy farm roads... some led to dead ends and some switched suddenly to gravel.  I took the opportunity to relieve myself and also take a photoshoot at one of the changes from pavement to gravel  :D

20150628_103203.jpg

20150628_103218.jpg

• Like 4

thomascrown
Yesterday - Changed the chain. Just passed 11,500 miles. Today - Rode with a bunch of FZ07s!!!

What was wrong with it?

So how do you like the spools on the chain adjusters? I was thinking about them but not sure how they would function while adjusting the chain to changing the rear tire...

Got some goodies... 
DSC00931.jpg

and installed tail light

DSC00934.jpg

bmwpowere36m3

So how do you like the spools on the chain adjusters? I was thinking about them but not sure how they would function while adjusting the chain to changing the rear tire...

Got some goodies... 
DSC00931.jpg

and installed tail light

DSC00934.jpg

I haven't installed them yet... but the whole point is being able to adjust chain tension and remove the rear wheel if necessary. We'll see how they work in practice though.

• Premium Member
Yesterday - Changed the chain. Just passed 11,500 miles. Today - Rode with a bunch of FZ07s!!!

What was wrong with it?
What's usually wrong when you decide to change a chain - o-rings breaking off. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
For headlight bulb consider the OSRAM Night Racer 110 H4. It is really good. OSRAM Site

I went with these to try out as a headlight bulb GENSSI Super White 5000k pretty cheap for $11 bucks for the pair.
So I installed the GENSSI Super White, much brighter than the stock bulbs but I'm not 100% satisfied with them. I'm going to try out some LED Bulbs and see how they look, looking for a bulb that would give me a cool white light similar to the light that is coming out of the scoops in my picture below.
Here are some pictures of the GENSSI Bulbs:

TRSl6o9.jpg

p4vENMp.jpg

DadjIwx.jpg
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

New goody arrived...
[attachment id=624" thumbnail="1]

• Like 2

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
I went with these to try out as a headlight bulb GENSSI Super White 5000k pretty cheap for $11 bucks for the pair.
So I installed the GENSSI Super White, much brighter than the stock bulbs but I'm not 100% satisfied with them. I'm going to try out some LED Bulbs and see how they look, looking for a bulb that would give me a cool white light similar to the light that is coming out of the scoops in my picture below.
Here are some pictures of the GENSSI Bulbs:

That looks very white and bright in the pictures! 

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

pulled more crap off. got my pantleg caught in the chain. added a little bit of crap back.

• Like 1

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I haven't installed them yet... but the whole point is being able to adjust chain tension and remove the rear wheel if necessary. We'll see how they work in practice though.
I have them on my bike and i like them.. I bought after i scratched the piss out of my swing arm with a crappy cycle gear stand. I haven't pulled my rear tire off yet but for the looks of it, it shouldn't be an issue.  

I had some roll cage material laying around so i made my own rear stand. Overall i like it but next time ill stop being cheap and just buy a pitbull stand. 

• Premium Member
New goody arrived... 

Good looking!  I'm curious how it'll perform.  Do you plan on doing a review?
Yea, I'll definitely do a review... as soon as I have time to install it. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to jack up the rear.  I'm thinking of putting 2x4 under the side stand putting a pad on a car jack and jacking up the opposite side of the frame.  We'll see...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

2nd oil and filter change... went full synthetic and went for a 10 mile ride afterwards to see how it felt (awesome, much smoother). 

[attachment id=625" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member
pulled more crap off. got my pantleg caught in the chain. added a little bit of crap back.
LOL I guess that's one way to determine if a part is absolutely necessary or not.  :)

• Premium Member

Oil change - went with Royal Purple 10w-40 synthetic.
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah250/rmdet/9c851c23-ba44-4f91-a9ce-7d64672843ae_zpsnovyjavz.jpg

Velcro'd my keychain garage door opener to my brake fluid reservoir... no more fumbling for it every time. (got it for $15 here)
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah250/rmdet/ff5dfbf5-14f6-4b7e-99c8-4f17768d1f64_zpsc2o21buy.jpg

And finally adjusted my shock absorber from the stock 3 position up to 5... really a significant improvement - now it makes me wonder how much better an upgraded shock might be!

Rowdy,
   I am seriously looking into buying some brand of rear shock replacement. What made you decide on that particular brand of shock. How much was it and please let us know how you went about installing it. Have you done anything with your front end yet or do you plan to?

modmaster

Changed my oil to fully synthetic Castrol RS 10W-50. Had much anger to the numb-skull that over-tightened both my oil plug and filter. Used a 12 point socket and 3/8 inch drive on the plug. It was so tight, it slipped off. Switched to 6 point socket and 1/2 drive. Damn that thing was tight! Oil filter was worse! Used 3 type of wrenches and had to mangle it to get it off. That's how to make a simple oil change aggravating.

• Premium Member

Ahhh yea...THoR put the oil filter and drain plug on...yeesh...I had to use a breaker bar to crack the drain plug loose...the oil filter I just used a big parsed pair of channel locks...now the oil filter is hand tight and drain if is snug...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I did some work on a friend's bike and needed to remove the front caliper. Those bolts were so tight I cracked a 40 year old, 6 point socket. Wound up using an impact socket and a 2 ft breaker bar. Didn't want to use the impact wrench cause I wanted more control.

But this is why bike shops never get to work on my bikes. The story is always the same. Just look at how many threaded holes have bee ruined just fastening the seat back on. Would you want that guy inside your motor?

• Like 1

If they are using johnny worker bee to change the oil, then dagnabit, teach them to do it correctly.

• Premium Member
Rowdy,    I am seriously looking into buying some brand of rear shock replacement. What made you decide on that particular brand of shock. How much was it and please let us know how you went about installing it. Have you done anything with your front end yet or do you plan to?

modmaster

I have replaced the front springs and oil, with 0.85 Sonic Springs and [HASH]10 weight PJ's oil, and the front end seems better and really handles the bumps nicely, but not a night and day difference, although, I don't think the stock front is as bad (for my weight [HASH]145) as the rear shock.  I picked the Matris for price, and some positive reviews I found on-line.