The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

splytsecond

Vagabond motorsports fender eliminator installed. Stock cantaloupes retained and LED replacement for the plate light

dda00b8d7b17029d9459a2abb4a03219.jpg

• Premium Member
Went to a national park today with lots of twisties !  My bike felt it was in a family ride with 2x FJ-09 and 1x FZ-09  :P

10446995_10152994517513148_4367420886169400985_n_zps1p5drhc5.jpg

Well, just remember, pound for pound the FZ has very similar torque vs weight and can keep up in most situations EASILY, gets probably slightly better milage etc. Not to criticise the '09's just that ours is just as good in most common situations under 100 mph. The one I am interested in and might be bike 2 is the FJ's though. I understand they have solved most of the '09 concerns with different ecu programming and better suspension and mod'd frame, and all the other sport touring stuff is a plus for my type of riding (commuting and longer trips (I hope)).  
Looks like a fun day, and nice pic :)

Databyter

amycyclenut

Got tired of the two screws that hold on the seat so I drilled out the threads and now use a simple quick release pin for each.

Quick_Release_Dentent_Ring_Pin.jpg

• Like 3
2015 FZ-07
1986 FZ600
1974 CB450
1973 RD350
sold: 1970 CB350, 1972 CB175, 2009 Vespa S 150

amycyclenut

Replaced stock flasher relay with one to handle LED. I chose "LF1-S-FLAT: Universal Flat Motorcycle Flasher" from Super Bright LED's. Works a treat and only $9.

Next up once I receive the connectors, is to install an SAE extension cable to the stock DC connection. Then, I can plug in whatever I want using SAE.

2015 FZ-07
1986 FZ600
1974 CB450
1973 RD350
sold: 1970 CB350, 1972 CB175, 2009 Vespa S 150

• Premium Member
Replaced stock flasher relay with one to handle LED. I chose "LF1-S-FLAT: Universal Flat Motorcycle Flasher" from Super Bright LED's. Works a treat and only $9. 
Next up once I receive the connectors, is to install an SAE extension cable to the stock DC connection. Then, I can plug in whatever I want using SAE.
Thanks for posting the part number. Went ahead about purchased it!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I got stopped at the border on the peace bridge... Custom's agent wanted to know how I liked my FZ-07 since he was thinking of trading in his SV for an 07 or 09 haha

PearlWhiteFZ
I got stopped at the border on the peace bridge... Custom's agent wanted to know how I liked my FZ-07 since he was thinking of trading in his SV for an 07 or 09 haha

I once got pulled of by my local police to ask the same question haha. I was thinking i am about to get a ticket.

• Premium Member

Installed a Nelson-Rigg CL-1060-S tailbag... perfect tailbag for what I need and looks great on the bike. Secured it running all the d rings othrough a locking carabiner under the seat. Rock solid. 

[attachment id=731" thumbnail="1]

Yesterday I read the weather. It stated showers. What I rode through was a deluge of water falling from the sky. I must say, the stock tyres handle the wet very well.

Vagabond motorsports fender eliminator installed. Stock cantaloupes retained and LED replacement for the plate light  

I'm thinking about that same kit. What made you swap the plate light with an LED? I would think the less light on it I could get away with the better.
  • Like 2

Peace Bridge? Do you live near Buffalo NY by any chance? Because we have a peace bridge here between us and Canada. Or maybe there are just multiple peace bridges around the world?

• Premium Member

Two of us rode about 300 miles today. Went out to some back country hills. Found one area of windy back roads through wooded mountains for a bout 30 miles and didnt get stuck behind a single car. Rode hard enough to where if we pushed it any further we would have been seriously unsafe. It was the first time either of us had really pushed the FZ.  We were pleasantly surprised with its performance all through the power curve.  From 3rd-5th gear it really does just scream in and out of turns and up and around hills. I really do appreciate the engine breaking and consistent power. I even got the front wheel coming off the ground accelerating out of a turns in 4th.  

Learned a new appreciation for her today. Had a blast!

• Like 2

Peace Bridge? Do you live near Buffalo NY by any chance? Because we have a peace bridge here between us and Canada. Or maybe there are just multiple peace bridges around the world?

Philly, GF is finishing her masters at Waterloo.

splytsecond
I'm thinking about that same kit. What made you swap the plate light with an LED? I would think the less light on it I could get away with the better.

personally I hate the look of yellowish lights so I swapped it to match the accessory light in the headlight and the cyclops led headlight.  soon that temp tag will be gone when my new vanity plates come in

Threeeeee looooong daaaaays in a row now and the rain won't let up so I gave Bikie a pat on the back and wiped off what looked like a tear on the mirror.

• Like 2

Beemer

• Premium Member

just adjusted the throttle cable on the bike. Would be a super easy thing to do, except I have the cage.

I could only do a 1/8 of a turn with my wrench, then flip it over, and do another 1/8 of a turn. :-/ I guess that's what I get for putting cool stuff on the bike.

largegiant04

Installed an EJK. Much smoother throttle response and seems to have gained back a little torque after I installed the exhaust.

• Global Moderator
Ordered a set of Viper front and rear lift stands off Amazon so i can finally do my own maintenance
I just got these last week. They do the job well. I would not recommend them for a bike much heavier than ours. Although, for the money they are good.
Yeah, i dont plan on getting a heavier bike anytime soon, and with much of the weight thats been stripped off mine with mods, i'm not too worried about it.
If need be i can bring em to work and weld a gusset on the joints for more strength

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Adjusted the brake light switch for my rear brake. Brake light was going on too late after I pressed on the brake pedal. Works perfectly now.