The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

A while ago one of our members said that the mattress tag police are the same ones enforcing the motorcycle sticker rule - proceed with caution!
Thanks for the heads up - I decided to hell with it and pulled them off. 
As a tip, I read somewhere (maybe here!) about using a rag soaked in boiled water to heat up and activate the nasty manufacturer's glue; I used an insulated rubber glove to apply a scalding hot rag to the tags and voila, they peeled off whole. I even stuck them on some used sticker-backing paper, so I'm covered.

Worked like a charm.

• Like 1

Today I painted my belly pan, looked nice .... tomorrow I will sand THE M*#@**%$%##**%%#$@@*&%$*##@**%%#**$@ and try again!  >:D  One little hair in the paint ruined it! 

Beemer

Decided to buy myself a Yamaha comfort seat. Installed it today, and if the rain actually lets up at some point I am going to give her a test.

• Premium Member
Decided to buy myself a Yamaha comfort seat. Installed it today, and if the rain actually lets up at some point I am going to give her a test. 

I have the same seat...it will take about 1k miles to really break in...just a lil FYI leather pants are slippery on the comfort seat material...I learned the painful way about how slippery the leather and seat material combo was....

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
Today I painted my belly pan, looked nice .... tomorrow I will sand THE M*#@**%$%##**%%#$@@*&%$*##@**%%#**$@ and try again!  >:D  One little hair in the paint ruined it!  

Can you put a decal or sticker over it?? 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Can you put a decal or sticker over it?? 
Sure wish I could but it's in an area that is too small for that and would look out of place if one could fit over it. Oh, well. I need some brushing up on my sanding skills anyway.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Added bar end mirrors a couple weeks ago but yesterday got and installed the evotech radiator cover and today received Fabbri Gen-X sport screen.
HMJFeVth.jpgincKgE3.jpg8ilipcCh.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Have not gotten a chacne to ride with the screen yet. The bracket attaches where the two upper bolts above the headlight. Where the actual screen is attached to the bracket it uses wellnuts. If I touch the screen it can easily move some since it's against the rubber. Not sure if I should get similar sized spacers and then use those and nuts that fit instead to make it more sturdy.

• Premium Member

So I did a little flash flood riding today. Hella sketch but made the most of it. But I have new handlebars, grips, and a crg hindsight mirror(matches my shortys). New riding position feels great, but now to plug the holes from my antenna-like mirrors being removed. Going to look into using them as mounting positions for a GoPro.

[attachment id=740" thumbnail="1][attachment id=741" thumbnail="1][attachment id=742" thumbnail="1] 

• Global Moderator

So I did a little flash flood riding today. Hella sketch but made the most of it. But I have new handlebars, grips, and a crg hindsight mirror(matches my shortys). New riding position feels great, but now to plug the holes from my antenna-like mirrors being removed. Going to look into using them as mounting positions for a GoPro

RAM mounts has a threaded ball that will fit the clutch perch

http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-349U

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
How are you guys plugging the holes where the mirror stems were?
Havent yet, but ive been thinkinging about hitting up ace/truevalue hardware for a couple of small plastic or rubber caps

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Went to O'reilly and got some plugs. Forgot which ones but they are the shorter ones with the bigger round top. You'll have to cut off the tip for the clutch side.

I used an m7 push rivet on the brake side and ram ball on the clutch side. Looks like the top rivets shown here - http://www.boltmotorcyclehardware.com/m7-rivets.html

Is there a pic of your setup on here somewhere? I mounted my Ram Ball under the display so my X-Mount would be just above it. Curious to see what yours looks like.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Is there a pic of your setup on here somewhere? I mounted my Ram Ball under the display so my X-Mount would be just above it. Curious to see what yours looks like.
I use the ball mount for a camera. Haven't tried using it with a phone.

IMAG0047_zps53y8rr2c.jpg

• Like 3

A while ago one of our members said that the mattress tag police are the same ones enforcing the motorcycle sticker rule - proceed with caution!
As a tip, I read somewhere (maybe here!) about using a rag soaked in boiled water to heat up and activate the nasty manufacturer's glue; I used an insulated rubber glove to apply a scalding hot rag to the tags and voila, they peeled off whole. I even stuck them on some used sticker-backing paper, so I'm covered.

Worked like a charm.

try a suit steamer and a plastic razor blade. its how we remove old decals when wrapping a vehicle 

try a suit steamer and a plastic razor blade. its how we remove old decals when wrapping a vehicle 
Now THAT is an idea - maybe beg another tip from you...I want to apply black reflective vinyl in areas, e.g., the engine spoiler. I can draw my own .eps files (CAD files, whatever) but need a lead on a quality, 3M-or-better product that can handle being applied not just to flat surfaces. Any tips? 
Thanks again.

• Like 1

Test fitted my speedo to my windscreen, seemed like I have enough room for the relocation. I will post photo once I get it finish today or tomorrow

• Like 2

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I finally got to ride it again been away from it for 2 weeks. Going to measure rear sets tonight and prototype. Also working on a relocation bracket for @sorkyah

I am trying to get through the break in miles so I figured that I would ride around and get some pictures.  I also installed my frame sliders when I got home.  I hope you don't mind a few pics.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/AsloSR/Screenshot_2015-08-01-12-57-37-1_zpstdmsesdr.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/AsloSR/Screenshot_2015-08-01-12-58-44-1_zps5bgrk1ze.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/AsloSR/20150801_120452_zpsrkj3iajf.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/AsloSR/20150801_120622_zpsykt5knxq.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/AsloSR/20150801_121718_zpsvabucjju.jpg

Don't mind the plasti-dip wearing off on the side pieces.  It was just temporary to see if I liked them black.  I will be painting them soon.

• Like 1

Test fitted my speedo to my windscreen, seemed like I have enough room for the relocation. I will post photo once I get it finish today or tomorrow
I am really interested to see how this turns out.  Keep us posted.

I am really interested to see how this turns out.  Keep us posted.
Finally finish my speedo relocation. Took a few pictures while I can, and by the time I finish reinstalling my windscreen, its already dark. So I apologize for the dark picture. 

gohkd8X.jpg

CXaakub.jpg

5zofkJL.jpg4G3uAYC.jpg

• Like 1

fooschnickens

Is that any easier to get to the ignition like that? Seems more cramped than having the cluster down low. Interesting idea, though!