The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Is that any easier to get to the ignition like that? Seems more cramped than having the cluster down low. Interesting idea, though!

It's not any easier or harder to get to the ignition. There's plenty of space in between.

suspiciouspackage

Took out my Cyclops LED bulb and replaced it with an H4 Nightbreaker. Just couldn't stand the beam pattern. Probably gonna wait for a proper HID retrofit to come out or for a new reflector housing that will rectify the issues with the beam pattern. I'll sell the bulb to anyone who wants it!

Took out my Cyclops LED bulb and replaced it with an H4 Nightbreaker. Just couldn't stand the beam pattern. Probably gonna wait for a proper HID retrofit to come out or for a new reflector housing that will rectify the issues with the beam pattern. I'll sell the bulb to anyone who wants it!

Hey Suspicious...

How much do you want for it?

• Premium Member

Rode around all day for wickedtwisters challenge. After riding from Desoto to Mansfield then Arlington to North Richland Hills then to Oklahoma, wish I would reset the trip meter, for the last thing couple pictures of the day I'm gonna have to look into a new seat. On my way back I remembered someone posting something about putting your feet on the passenger foot pegs. I gave it a shot, I'm sure I looked goofy passing cars doing 80 while stretched out across the entire motorcycle but it was actually pretty comfortable and fun. I think I'll try and get a picture of me in that position for part of the challenge.

Finally got around to install the frame sliders and my M4 exhaust. Having a chop saw with metal cutting blade made all the difference in the world for the exhaust install. 

11825641_10206374700341581_7913211200472607167_n.jpg?oh=d32f045d90166e32b5a72b117aa3e70b&oe=563BFA84

• Like 1

njdevils1990

At 6am this morning I got home from a 2500 mile trip to and from Boynton Beach, Florida. Bike performed exceptionally well, the tires (pilot road 3's) were also very good and didn't wear out as much as I would have imagined. Comfort was a 6/10, I was with a group of 1 car and an R6S we averaged about 65mph and stopped every ~2 hours for fuel/breaks. Would do the trip again for sure! Got back home with just under 10,000 miles on the bike too, I'm at 9,968 miles.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• Global Moderator

At 6am this morning I got home from a 2500 mile trip to and from Boynton Beach, Florida. Bike performed exceptionally well, the tires (pilot road 3's) were also very good and didn't wear out as much as I would have imagined. Comfort was a 6/10, I was with a group of 1 car and an R6S we averaged about 65mph and stopped every ~2 hours for fuel/breaks. Would do the trip again for sure! Got back home with just under 10,000 miles on the bike too, I'm at 9,968 miles.

Cant wait to see your 10k update post

Rode around all day for wickedtwisters challenge. After riding from Desoto to Mansfield then Arlington to North Richland Hills then to Oklahoma, wish I would reset the trip meter, for the last thing couple pictures of the day I'm gonna have to look into a new seat. On my way back I remembered someone posting something about putting your feet on the passenger foot pegs. I gave it a shot, I'm sure I looked goofy passing cars doing 80 while stretched out across the entire motorcycle but it was actually pretty comfortable and fun. I think I'll try and get a picture of me in that position for part of the challenge.
Im too tall to attempt it, i cant get my feet to stay on the rear pegs

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
Sounds like a hell of a ride.   Doing a quick map search of all those places imagine its probably 350+ miles.  I've driven from DFW to Ardmore OK, but in a rental car.  The Seat Concepts seat is pretty comfortable.  I want to get one for my bike.   

• Premium Member

Cant wait to see your 10k update post 

Im too tall to attempt it, i cant get my feet to stay on the rear pegs

I'm 6'2". When I first tried it with just putting my heals I kept accidentally putting the pegs back up. After awhile I would put the ball of my foot sometimes even my toes and that seemed to work out better.

• Premium Member
I installed some accent lighting.  

I may want to do that in green after I get ermax side scoops and not sure if I want the ermax belly pan because it matches or puig one because it actually connects together without leaving a gap like the ermax one. What did you use/how did you put it together?

I had an 8 piece LEDGlow kit on my last bike but it was easy to hide all the strips and wires cause of fairings. I've been wondering how it would look on this bike. 

Pulled an intentional stoppy while crusing one of our many coastal roads. Blind corner and some moron in an ion pulls out into traffic doing 30km/h on a 70km/h stretch. Was not impressed. However I can report that the FZ-07 preforms very well in panic brakeing situation, and even a hamfisted monkey like myself can manage to control her full lock.

• Premium Member

I may want to do that in green after I get ermax side scoops and not sure if I want the ermax belly pan because it matches or puig one because it actually connects together without leaving a gap like the ermax one. What did you use/how did you put it together?
In the future I plan on doing the light scoops with the alternating white/amber turn signals too.  
I laid it out in a thread....

http://www.fz07.org/thread/3395/accent-lighting-installed?page=1&scrollTo=50592

• Premium Member

I had an 8 piece LEDGlow kit on my last bike but it was easy to hide all the strips and wires cause of fairings. I've been wondering how it would look on this bike. 
The most difficult part was attempting to find the best place to put the lights without actually showing the light strips. 
  • Like 1

I took it in for its 4000 mile service (I'm at 5300 miles). I told them twice not to change the oil because I already did it. They did it anyway and had to deduct $75 from my bill so it was free. Wow, $75 for an easy oil change!

• Premium Member

Rode the lil monster during serve tornado weather... Noticed that the bike is very very easy to break loose at the rear wheel due to my riding style... Hmmm might need to look at traction control...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Guest JerzieFREQ

I had a mishap at the mall.   I usually go the top deck of Garden State Plaza here in NJ to chill for a bit and check my phone if I'm in the area. Get to look at the beautiful sunset as well.  So I'm heading back down and this cager comes speeding through a blind corner.  He never even thought about stopping or slowing.  I had the right of way in this situation.   Instinctively I hit the brakes hard, locked up my wheels, lost balance and down I went. I fell over to the right and the bike landed on my ankle.   I was able to crawl out from underneath.   No actual collision luckily.   I had some light pain in the moment probably covered by the adrenaline rush but I'm starting to feel some bruising now.  Overall I am fine and the bike seems to be fine as well.  Managed to ride it home but will do full check tomorrow.   I went to security to see if they could give me the footage since my GoPro battery died (talk about timing right).  But they said they cant give it to me unless I file a police report.  When it happened I wasn't thinking about the police, just making sure I was ok.  The guy did apologize (but how far do apologizes really go when your carelessness causes the incident) and helped me pick up my bike.  I was in a bit of a shock and didnt get his name, number or license plate.   So yea that was my evening.  Hope you guys are all doing well and riding safely.   Love this community btw and thank you for letting me vent and share my story.   :)

suspiciouspackage
I had a mishap at the mall.   I usually go the top deck of Garden State Plaza here in NJ to chill for a bit and check my phone if I'm in the area. Get to look at the beautiful sunset as well.  So I'm heading back down and this cager comes speeding through a blind corner.  He never even thought about stopping or slowing.  I had the right of way in this situation.   Instinctively I hit the brakes hard, locked up my wheels, lost balance and down I went. I fell over to the right and the bike landed on my ankle.   I was able to crawl out from underneath.   No actual collision luckily.   I had some light pain in the moment probably covered by the adrenaline rush but I'm starting to feel some bruising now.  Overall I am fine and the bike seems to be fine as well.  Managed to ride it home but will do full check tomorrow.   I went to security to see if they could give me the footage since my GoPro battery died (talk about timing right).  But they said they cant give it to me unless I file a police report.  When it happened I wasn't thinking about the police, just making sure I was ok.  The guy did apologize (but how far do apologizes really go when your carelessness causes the incident) and helped me pick up my bike.  I was in a bit of a shock and didnt get his name, number or license plate.   So yea that was my evening.  Hope you guys are all doing well and riding safely.   Love this community btw and thank you for letting me vent and share my story.   :)
One of those things like "sorry, I didn't do something that I should be doing in the first place?" 
Speaking of which, I was riding down the 805 today and some stupid Asian lady (I'm Asian and I'm hating on my own people, so funny right?) in her fake wealth Mercedes SUV decided to change lanes without so much as looking in her mirror. I watched her switch from lane 3 to 2 unsafely so I was betting she'd do the same to get into the #1 lane. Watched her face in the reflection and her eyes never even looked in the general direction of the mirror. Part of me wanted to punch the mirror off and tell her "you weren't using it anyway"

splytsecond

Took mine to the drag strip this weekend to help a buddy in the pits. Was a great weekend. No I didn't run the bike haha 90d0442e7cb838840468c235c52006e9.jpg

Tough break buddy. Glad to hear you and your bike made it out alright.  

Guest JerzieFREQ

@suspiciouspackage I know the feeling all too well sadly.

@tweb321 Thank you, all good just got a sore ankle right now.