The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

panamerican
Ordered an ohlins rear shock and new fork springs and oil. Hope to install everything this weekend.
Humm, I tought those shocks were made to order, custom made to rider specs and required at least 2-3 weeks... Where did you ordered it from? 
Cheers.

- Pan Am

Ordered an ohlins rear shock and new fork springs and oil. Hope to install everything this weekend.
Humm, I tought those shocks were made to order, custom made to rider specs and required at least 2-3 weeks... Where did you ordered it from? 
Cheers.

- Pan Am

I actually ordered the shock on Friday from Fast Bike Industries. Yes, it is spec'd for my weight/style. David at FBI had what I needed in stock.

njdevils1990
20150804_212559_zpsoejceoay.jpg passed 10,000 miles last night.
  • Like 6

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• Global Moderator

20150804_212559_zpsoejceoay.jpg passed 10,000 miles last night.

Gratz dude, passing 12k sometime later this. Week.

16k miles. Oiled the chain but she sits outside 99 percent of the time.

Good to see others arent just letting their fzs sit around collecting dust
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I had a mishap at the mall.   I usually go the top deck of Garden State Plaza here in NJ to chill for a bit and check my phone if I'm in the area. Get to look at the beautiful sunset as well.  So I'm heading back down and this cager comes speeding through a blind corner.  He never even thought about stopping or slowing.  I had the right of way in this situation.   Instinctively I hit the brakes hard, locked up my wheels, lost balance and down I went. I fell over to the right and the bike landed on my ankle.   I was able to crawl out from underneath.   No actual collision luckily.   I had some light pain in the moment probably covered by the adrenaline rush but I'm starting to feel some bruising now.  Overall I am fine and the bike seems to be fine as well.  Managed to ride it home but will do full check tomorrow.   I went to security to see if they could give me the footage since my GoPro battery died (talk about timing right).  But they said they cant give it to me unless I file a police report.  When it happened I wasn't thinking about the police, just making sure I was ok.  The guy did apologize (but how far do apologizes really go when your carelessness causes the incident) and helped me pick up my bike.  I was in a bit of a shock and didnt get his name, number or license plate.   So yea that was my evening.  Hope you guys are all doing well and riding safely.   Love this community btw and thank you for letting me vent and share my story.   :)
Sorry to hear that happened to you. I hate that parking deck cause people are animals in there.  

• Global Moderator

Rode it to work, home and thats it... this weekend im headin up to the CA/AZ border on I10 if anyones interested in joinin me

Definitely sucks!  I don't like the way they re-did that parking lot, seems much worse.  Glad all is mostly OK though :)

I had a mishap at the mall.   I usually go the top deck of Garden State Plaza here in NJ to chill for a bit and check my phone if I'm in the area. Get to look at the beautiful sunset as well.

try a suit steamer and a plastic razor blade. its how we remove old decals when wrapping a vehicle 
Now THAT is an idea - maybe beg another tip from you...I want to apply black reflective vinyl in areas, e.g., the engine spoiler. I can draw my own .eps files (CAD files, whatever) but need a lead on a quality, 3M-or-better product that can handle being applied not just to flat surfaces. Any tips? 
Thanks again.

3m is best but you pay for it any other brand is just as good may have to work with it longer thats all as long as it has the air release pockets on the back of the material it all works. 

Guest JerzieFREQ

@johnfznj yea def, just that NJ attitude sadly. Btw what color fz do you have? I saw a Blurple one outside of Whole Foods at the Bergen Town Center yesterday around 6pm. Wondering if that's you.

@johnfznj yea def, just that NJ attitude sadly. Btw what color fz do you have? I saw a Blurple one outside of Whole Foods at the Bergen Town Center yesterday around 6pm. Wondering if that's you.
I have a red one here. If im riding around Bergen county....Its usually for some White Manna or some Hirams lol.

• Premium Member

rode to work today. I do it everyday but felt like saying it here.

Also I'm trying to decide which route I want to take to hit up Vegas.

• Premium Member

This is what I did today....

jUxw0IB.jpg

jD5sqYx.jpg

She's looking GOOOOOD...lol

• Like 1

suspiciouspackage

Cleaned the chain and sprocket, adjusted and lubed the chain. Just have to actually clean the bike now!

• Global Moderator

Just got my 12k service taken care of, bike feels alot better now... no more vibration, no more lack of power, feels pretty nice to have her clean and purring like a lion

• Premium Member

This morning I placed a Rizor on my bike to raise the instruments.  Also I took off a Givi Windscreen (brand new) and replace it with an Ermax Windscreen.
.[attachment id=783" thumbnail="1][attachment id=784" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member

Looked at her longingly because its been raining the past 2 days, and its supposed to rain tomorrow too :/ but on the bright side I ordered an m4 slip on and some titanium exhaust wrap to wrap everything in when I finish it all up. Im excited for all that to get here! 

• Global Moderator

This morning I placed a Rizor on my bike to raise the instruments.  Also I took off a Givi Windscreen (brand new) and replace it with an Ermax Windscreen.[attachment thumbnail=1" id="783][attachment thumbnail=1" id="784]

What riser for the cluster did you get?
And how well can you access the key after this mod?

After trying out the ebay/amazon knockoff bar end mirrors and not getting what I wanted from them, I ordered a pair of the CRG arrow bar end mirrors. WOW! The difference in build quality is ridiculous. CRGs are vastly superior; from the feel of them to the actual difference in the view. Yeah they're a bit pricey but man the quality is way better. I could see everything behind me on both sides from just one mirror. Can't wait to get out of work! (Not that I need an excuse hahaha)