The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
After trying out the ebay/amazon knockoff bar end mirrors and not getting what I wanted from them, I ordered a pair of the CRG arrow bar end mirrors. WOW! The difference in build quality is ridiculous. CRGs are vastly superior; from the feel of them to the actual difference in the view. Yeah they're a bit pricey but man the quality is way better. I could see everything behind me on both sides from just one mirror. Can't wait to get out of work! (Not that I need an excuse hahaha)
Gratz on the purchase.
I know what you mean... crg mirrors were the way to go.
That convex mirror shows me behind, directly next to me, and even a lane over from that.
I love em

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

After trying out the ebay/amazon knockoff bar end mirrors and not getting what I wanted from them, I ordered a pair of the CRG arrow bar end mirrors. WOW! The difference in build quality is ridiculous. CRGs are vastly superior; from the feel of them to the actual difference in the view. Yeah they're a bit pricey but man the quality is way better. I could see everything behind me on both sides from just one mirror. Can't wait to get out of work! (Not that I need an excuse hahaha)
Gratz on the purchase. I know what you mean... crg mirrors were the way to go.
That convex mirror shows me behind, directly next to me, and even a lane over from that.
I love em

I honestly thought they would be very similar and that crg was just over priced. I was wrong.

• Premium Member
phicurious86
I adjusted my chain and sweat 2 lbs. off. I'm ready to take on Rousey now.
I'll take Rousey in round 1. Sorry Beemer ;)

• Like 1

Installed my seat concepts and went for a 2 hour ride. Initially it seemed great but towards the end of the ride I was feeling some uncomfortable pressure and hot spots. I'm hoping the comfort will improve as the foam breaks in as right now it seems like only a marginal improvement over stock. [span]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        XNE0wi8.jpg?1   6yvCfg7.jpg?1                                                                                                                                             [span]    [/span][span]    [/span][/span]

thomascrown

Rode to the dealership to buy a clutch pressure switch. Sat on a Superduke 1290...now I want a Superduke 1290. It is nearly identical to the fz07 ergonomically, aside from having much more leg room.

• Like 2

Actually yesterday...

Finished the install of the ohlins shock, new front springs, fork oil, and fork preload adjuster caps ($33 on eBay). Set the front sag and went for a 75 mile ride.

I really like the suspension improvement. This will work well for me until the offseason when I send the forms out for cartridges. These changes in conjunction with the ECU flash really make the bike much more enjoyable. I can't wait to try them all out on the track in a week or two!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Today I replaced front and back turn signals. No more cantaloupes!
I found, on e-bay, LED signal wired for DRL (three wires). I wired the front with Amber DRL, and the turn signals are white. By switching the wires, the DRL can be white and amber turn signal. I may change them later. They are found HERE. The rear ones are, of course, simple two-wire LED signal. They are found I also replaced the Yamaha flasher with a LED-appropriate one (plug and play,really).
[url=]HERE it is.
To plug the holes left by the removal of the OEM turn signals, I used THESE turn signal adapter plates (bought 2 pairs).
So far, quite satisfied.

Marco
Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

• Like 2

Not to mention the CRGs are serviceable.  So many people (myself included) have wasted money on cheap eBay/Amazon knock-offs only to realize they should have just gotten the CRGs to begin with.  Maybe some folks will read posts like this enough to realize it and save some money by not wasting on the cheapos and get the real deal?  

Glad you're happy with your purchase! 
  • Like 1

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

Changed my oil last night using a new OEM filter and crush washer, and Motul 300V Factory 10w40 oil. Figured it was time. I had about 2,600 miles since the previous oil change, and with 4 track days during that time, and an 8 hour straight road trip to Cali, I wanted some piece of mind, lol.

All she needs now is a new set of tires and I'm ready for my next track day weekend in September. Can't decide if I want to go with the Dunlop Q3's again, or try the Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2.

- Paulie

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Went on a ride with a few friends to Lockheart. Enjoyed some good BBQ and came home on the Toll Road that bypasses Austin. I made a small video since I actually remembered to turn on my Gopro on the way home. Also cleaned and detailed the bike which is always a joy. Having these powder coated red bits means I need to clean the bike pretty often.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIKBXXSEOYQ]

• Like 1

Changed my oil last night using a new OEM filter and crush washer, and Motul 300V Factory 10w40 oil. Figured it was time. I had about 2,600 miles since the previous oil change, and with 4 track days during that time, and an 8 hour straight road trip to Cali, I wanted some piece of mind, lol. 
All she needs now is a new set of tires and I'm ready for my next track day weekend in September. Can't decide if I want to go with the Dunlop Q3's again, or try the Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2.

- Paulie
Wow, you know the old saying about birds of a feather?  This is creepy.  Just yesterday I ordered (from Amazon) a factory filter and... You guessed it... 4L of Motul 300V Factory 10w40 full synthetic.  I'm finally switching from the Motul 3000 10w40 dino oil.  

• Premium Member

Hello everyone. A couple of days ago I installed LED's turn signals. The front ones I found (Ebay) were also wired for DRL. All went in pretty easily so today I finally got around to install a Admore light kit for the Givi Maxia 55 I have had for over a year. The FZ07 is the third bike on which the big a$$ box has ridden...
Wasn't bad at all. Everything worked at first try. Lots of light back there now!
Marco

• Like 1

• Premium Member

- Paulie
Wow, you know the old saying about birds of a feather?  This is creepy.  Just yesterday I ordered (from Amazon) a factory filter and... You guessed it... 4L of Motul 300V Factory 10w40 full synthetic.  I'm finally switching from the Motul 3000 10w40 dino oil.  
@aeisan, you're gonna love the oil.  Let us know what your thought are after the change, although, the Motul 3000 you're switching from is also great stuff :) 
- Paulie

• Premium Member
Hello everyone. A couple of days ago I installed LED's turn signals. The front ones I found (Ebay) were also wired for DRL. All went in pretty easily so today I finally got around to install a Admore light kit for the Givi Maxia 55 I have had for over a year. The FZ07 is the third bike on which the big a$$ box has ridden... Wasn't bad at all. Everything worked at first try. Lots of light back there now!
Marco
Nothing worse than people bragging about their credentials on internet forums. -Rocket scientist
;)

• Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
Hello everyone. A couple of days ago I installed LED's turn signals. The front ones I found (Ebay) were also wired for DRL. All went in pretty easily so today I finally got around to install a Admore light kit for the Givi Maxia 55 I have had for over a year. The FZ07 is the third bike on which the big a$$ box has ridden... Wasn't bad at all. Everything worked at first try. Lots of light back there now!
Marco
Nothing worse than people bragging about their credentials on internet forums. -Rocket scientist
;)

Well, I was one once, when I worked at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (rocket scientist, that is).

Now my notice is just a reminder to people that I may know solutions to problems they did not know they had, and that I can solve them in manners that don't make sense either...
Marco

• Like 2

Marco
;)

Tell me about it.  -Guy that designs targets for the rockets
  • Like 1