The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Wow, you know the old saying about birds of a feather?  This is creepy.  Just yesterday I ordered (from Amazon) a factory filter and... You guessed it... 4L of Motul 300V Factory 10w40 full synthetic.  I'm finally switching from the Motul 3000 10w40 dino oil.  
@aeisan, you're gonna love the oil.  Let us know what your thought are after the change, although, the Motul 3000 you're switching from is also great stuff :) 
- Paulie
For sure, the 3000 was good stuff.  Can't wait to have the full synthetic in there.  The Motul arrived today; the filter is still on the way.  I may have it by Friday, in which case I hope to do the oil change this weekend.  
  • Like 1

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

Installed windscreen, handguards, kickstand extender, skid plate, led signals (driving lights as well), concept seat, tail bag, rideit decal, denali sound bomb, etc etc etc, over 20 mods and im halfway done!  

Took her out to fish in sunny desert mexico :)

RqJDjCm.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Today I used my FZ-07 as a table and while gearing up I put my wallet and my phone on the stock bracket for the rear tail-light, as I was gearing up I thought, wow, that probably isn't a good habit you might get distracted by something and forget it is there and drive off.

Well, guess what,... and so I retrace my steps literally 3 minutes after leaving the work parking lot and find my wallet in the parking lot but NOT the phone, which also does not answer any of my calls.

So, next time I decide to use my machine as a table, I am going to put it in the cubby made between my windscreen and my bars.

Oh, and I rode the hell out of my bike today, but then again I do that almost every day just to get to work. Only about 80 miles today.

I'm a bit over 2K miles now and thinking about an oil change.

Databyter

Databyter

• Premium Member
Changed my oil last night using a new OEM filter and crush washer, and Motul 300V Factory 10w40 oil. Figured it was time. I had about 2,600 miles since the previous oil change, and with 4 track days during that time, and an 8 hour straight road trip to Cali, I wanted some piece of mind, lol. 
All she needs now is a new set of tires and I'm ready for my next track day weekend in September. Can't decide if I want to go with the Dunlop Q3's again, or try the Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2.

- Paulie
Holy crap that stuff is expensive. I'm about to do my first change (dealer did the 600 mile), I want some above average good stuff, but damn, is there anywhere you can buy good synth cheaper than 50- 60 bucks? Guess there is probably a thread about this ..

Databyter

• Premium Member

I think that's the going rate. I've found that Amazon is usually the cheapest...

- Paulie

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Great oil. Not really sure if it's worth the price, but my budget isn't that tight, so I splurge. I make up for the cost by eating leftovers for lunch every day. ;)

• Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

might have some pegs in a few days. my buddy got new reasets for his r1 and said I could have his old pegs. so long as they fit ill have a set of stockers. but I'm in Idaho.

on a separate note I modded my bar end mirrors so I could bolt them onto the stock bar sliders.

11891266_10204690456168743_5686785059510560404_n.jpg?oh=02d65b57ad7d7c53552934ad0d2a70e7&oe=56405322

No worries mate. I will be ordering some woodcrafts tonight, but they will likely take a week getting to me. So need something local in the interim.

• Premium Member
I think that's the going rate. I've found that Amazon is usually the cheapest... 
- Paulie
Part of the confusion was the size. I didn't realize it was for a 4 liter container. Still expensive, but not quite as scary as when I was seeing that price next to a pic of a small container.

Databyter

• Premium Member

Got these in today from Amazon. at 3,300 miles. Gonna likely do the second (my first on this rig) oil change this weekend.
[attachment id=804" thumbnail="1][attachment id=805" thumbnail="1]

Changed my oil last night using a new OEM filter and crush washer, and Motul 300V Factory 10w40 oil. Figured it was time. I had about 2,600 miles since the previous oil change, and with 4 track days during that time, and an 8 hour straight road trip to Cali, I wanted some piece of mind, lol. 
All she needs now is a new set of tires and I'm ready for my next track day weekend in September. Can't decide if I want to go with the Dunlop Q3's again, or try the Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2.

- Paulie
Holy crap that stuff is expensive. I'm about to do my first change (dealer did the 600 mile), I want some above average good stuff, but damn, is there anywhere you can buy good synth cheaper than 50- 60 bucks? Guess there is probably a thread about this ..
Yeah, around $12-14/quart is about normal for a full-synthetic 4T oil.

The way I see it, a good dino oil is going to be what, like $9/quart? So it costs about $12 extra for the good synth vs the good dino. So maybe $36 a year more... That's $36 I will gladly spend to get better shifting and the max protection money can buy. So, so worth it to me.
  • Like 1

- Paulie
Part of the confusion was the size. I didn't realize it was for a 4 liter container. Still expensive, but not quite as scary as when I was seeing that price next to a pic of a small container.
Ha... Well that changes things a bit, doesn't it?  Per my other post (that I wrote before I realized there was another page of posts on here I hadn't gotten to yet) it's really a marginal price increase if you look at it over a full year.  I bought 8L worth because I like to have enough on hand for another full change rather than having to order more each time.  I buy 2 filters at a time as well (and yes, you can get the factory Yamaha filters on Amazon too).  

Crashed it.  Any San Diego peeps have a spare footpeg I can borrow??
Damn dude, what happened?  (I can see you posted a pic, but I can't see the pic at work).  

I'd have sent out my stock pegs, but I guess you already have some on order and i'm not local, so it probably wouldn't help.  

• Premium Member

last month Pepboys had a sale online, if you placed an order, you got 30ish% off your order.

I ended up getting 20 quarts of Mobile 1 4T Race Oil for $7.25 a quart. Since I have two bikes, I figured I would stock up. 

Edit: They have the sale going on right now. Get 25% off you online order and you can pick it up in store. Comes out to 8.24 a quart of oil for Mobile 1 4T. Steal of a deal if you live near one.

last month Pepboys had a sale online, if you placed an order, you got 30ish% off your order.  
I ended up getting 20 quarts of Mobile 1 4T Race Oil for $7.25 a quart. Since I have two bikes, I figured I would stock up. 

Edit: They have the sale going on right now. Get 25% off you online order and you can pick it up in store. Comes out to 8.24 a quart of oil for Mobile 1 4T. Steal of a deal if you live near one.
Thanks for the info going to try Mobil 1 4t 10w40 next oil change

• Premium Member

I was crusiing around a large two lane on ramp tonight and all the sudden a BMW 7 series comes flying past me. I was already jamming. This of course was an act similar to pulling his junk out and slamming it on the table so....as any self respecting man would do.....a race ensued. I quickly realized that the FZ is surely not governed....or at least I didnt reach it. She was still pulling well above what I thought she would. I also realized my new accent lights hooked up to a toggle switch also serve as victory flashing lights.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
I was crusiing around a large two lane on ramp tonight and all the sudden a BMW 7 series comes flying past me. I was already jamming. This of course was an act similar to pulling his junk out and slamming it on the table so....as any self respecting man would do.....a race ensued. I quickly realized that the FZ is surely not governed....or at least I didnt reach it. She was still pulling well above what I thought she would. I also realized my new accent lights hooked up to a toggle switch also serve as victory flashing lights.
You know the difference between a porcupine and a BMW don't you? On a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside!

• Like 3

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
You know the difference between a porcupine and a BMW don't you? On a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside!

Thats so wrong... and so accurate
unless of course its an m-series theyre uaually asshhats, but not in moat cases pricks

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I pulled my baffle out of the Yoshi exhaust. Man, what a difference!

It's not really much louder, but it's deeper, and so much better sounding.

Hint if you haven't done it, just take the can off. I tried to do it without removing the can and dropped the bolt inside the carbon casing and had to remove the can to shake it out of there.

• Like 1

crescentwrench

Put on Vagabond sliders a day or two ago. They're awesome. Install was soooo easy.
I made a how-to video but it's just not necessary...
Also got my lean on today just around town. So antsy for a real ride!

• Like 2

• Global Moderator
Put on Vagabond sliders a day or two ago. They're awesome. Install was soooo easy. I made a how-to video but it's just not necessary...
Also got my lean on today just around town. So antsy for a real ride!
go ahead and toss it up anyway, we have a tech-tips/how-to section here in the forums, http://fz07.org/board/5/yamaha-fz-07-tech-tips we'd love to see it, and maybe it would help another rider out someday.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.