The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

Removed ECU and sent it off to Nels at 2 Wheel DynoWorks. Here's the empty hole...

H6DgEGN.jpg

• Premium Member
Threw on a Beowulf rad guard (powder-coated matte blk) and the Driven TT rearsets. One project left!!! then its 'Sultry Sponge Bath' time and photos ...for the bike, not myself.   ;) 
Also ordered a 'Helite' airvest! Neat-O

Pics or it didn't happen!  Lol. 
What do you think of the Driven TT rearsets?  I hope my mini review a while back was spot on with your findings :)

- Paulie
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Threw on a Beowulf rad guard (powder-coated matte blk) and the Driven TT rearsets. One project left!!! then its 'Sultry Sponge Bath' time and photos ...for the bike, not myself.   ;) 
Also ordered a 'Helite' airvest! Neat-O

Pics or it didn't happen!  Lol. 
What do you think of the Driven TT rearsets?  I hope my mini review a while back was spot on with your findings :)

- Paulie
 I decided early on I would keep pics to a minimum until Im done modding things. Id like to be able to take some nice pics that arent in my dank parkade. Its like taking pics of a beautiful girl posing in a grubby porta-john. Not boner inspiring to say the least. Old man winter is hanging on, but soon. 
I love the rearsets (visually); the bike is still in a few pieces and I havent had a chance to spin around yet but Im almost there. One last project.
I really wanted the Lightech but that bloody price man, I just couldnt do it, around 8-900 bucks up here and very few places carry them. Oh the joys of limited choice online shopping in Canada, furthermore I get raped ordering from the US.
I took your advice in the end so thanks very much for that info! With the money I didnt spend on the Lightech I ordered a "Helite" air vest. 8-)

Thanks again Paulie.

Great to see you out there enjoying that track time!

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Removed ECU and sent it off to Nels at 2 Wheel DynoWorks. Here's the empty hole... 
H6DgEGN.jpg

Every week I keep saying I'm going to do that. Every week I keep putting it off and not doing it. Sigh, at least I've been riding almost every weekday to work :-)

• Like 2

• Global Moderator
H6DgEGN.jpg

Every week I keep saying I'm going to do that. Every week I keep putting it off and not doing it. Sigh, at least I've been riding almost every weekday to work :-) 

I'm in the same boat....
i need to send my ECU off for a reflash....
but atm it's my only vehicle
steering rack on my car no longer has internal seals
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Installed tkc80 tires on fz07.
Those look wicked cool!  Please let us know how they ride (cornering, highway speeds, maybe a little dirt...). 

Thanks Rowdy. I changed it because my tires are low. I put about 20k on front tires and 10k on the rear. I got the idea from Instagram army brown ducati with tkc80 on. Tkc80 review I haven't put alot on miles on the tires so cornering I'm still soft about it. Highway speed the tires rated at 99mph, so going 80mph feels kinda loose. My constant speed that's comfortable is 65-70mph. Haven't tried on dirt yet maybe this weekend. My issue on this tires I knew this was going to happen due to street/dirt tires. 10mph and below alot on shaking slowing down. You can really feel the knoby tires. 
  • Like 2

ilie1977

• Premium Member

dscn1312.jpgInstalled a centerstand

[/img]

I'm interested, lets see some pictures please.... 
  • Like 1

sirlightyear
I really could not stand how low the Woodcraft Clip-Ons where in the down position. I went for a 30 minute ride and my right wrist was killing me. I also had to come to a quick stop because a cager didn't want to go through a yellow light and felt like I was going to go over the bar.  
So I flipped it to the up position. For this who want to know what the difference is of the 1.5" from the down to up position here you go. Top picture it's up and bottom picture it's down.

To me it seems like you have too much weight on your handlebar. You should probably hold on to your bike more with your knees and put less pressure on your hands and wrists. That should also prevent speed wobbles and possible tank slapper. As well as back pain and wrist pain. Cornering and control while braking should be better as well. But then again it is possible that you know all of this and still don't like it. 
  • Like 1

Sir LightYear

ilie1977

I love the looks, they're very cool but a word of warning to inexperienced riders (not you ilie) that may be thinking of buying some themselves, "knobby tires do not perform well on pavement", they are for skilled riders and you will probably lay your bike down quickly using them. The FZ07 is fairly light but not dirt bike light and has poor suspension for dirt riding so I'm curious as to how the FZ07 handles in the dirt. Worth the looks??? Give us an update some time.

Beemer

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I'm pulling the front end apart to send my forks to @pattonme

• Like 3

• Global Moderator
I'm pulling the front end apart to send my forks to @pattonme
Sweeet

• Premium Member
panchobullet
20160303_150015_zps9nnsxqvy.jpg
Where did you order the stand from?
I don't know where he got it from but I found it here:  http://www.bs-motoparts.com/en/Yamaha/MT-07/2014/10785/centre-stand-3976.htm

and also in Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/SW-Motech-Centerstand-Yamaha-FZ-07-MT-07/dp/B01BZFE3MO
  • Like 1

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

I just saw her drive away with her new owner :(

• Like 2

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Just installed my Yoshimura exhaust. I cannot for the life of me get the screw into the baffle. The location is terrible. So I just pushed it as far as it went. What are the chances it just comes flying out tomorrow when I take the bike out for a spin?

• Global Moderator
Just installed my Yoshimura exhaust. I cannot for the life of me get the screw into the baffle. The location is terrible. So I just pushed it as far as it went. What are the chances it just comes flying out tomorrow when I take the bike out for a spin?
Nothing wrong with that...
yoshi right?
if so youve gotta take the muffler off first
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with that... yoshi right?
if so youve gotta take the muffler off first

Yeah. Screw that noise! I'm leaving it as is. It was a PITA tightening the screw that holds the hanger. Hahaha Thanks for input.

• Premium Member

Received and installed the matching Liquid Graphite seat cowl I had purchased off ebay today.  No straps included, and I have a Kriega US-20 bag, so I'm gonna have to either swap the straps from the old passenger seat, or cut up the Kriega supplied straps to mount to the new cowl.
Either way, not a big deal.  I like the look better than the stock passenger seat (I already removed passenger pegs).

• Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?