The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Motorboat McGoat

Ordered a new rear tire after 7400 miles of pure thrashing.  8-)   Still have some center tread left but probably not for long.

fooschnickens

Gave it a quick rub down after sitting for another week. The repairs done to our garage only highlighted more issues, so now we're getting a brand new door in addition to new springs and opener. The wait is killing me, I've passed up so many good days to ride >:

• Premium Member
Gave it a quick rub down after sitting for another week. The repairs done to our garage only highlighted more issues, so now we're getting a brand new door in addition to new springs and opener. The wait is killing me, I've passed up so many good days to ride >:
Still fighting with the garage?! Time to install a bike sized 'doggie door' I think. 
  • Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I sold it. Had to. No room for 2 bikes and I don't feel like making 2 payments a month. Found a very happy owner who is just as excited about it as I was when I bought it.

• Like 1

fooschnickens
Still fighting with the garage?! Time to install a bike sized 'doggie door' I think.
Yeah, had a good few weeks of smooth operation, then the tracks got all messed up. It's just as well, we're getting a MUCH lighter door which will put a lot less strain on the springs and everything else, really, so it all works out in the end. 
Except for the part where I don't get to ride...

dentalprodigy

Tested out my "ghetto pro" action cam on my HJC FG-17. Thoughts on the side view?
https://youtu.be/uyCVkbw3oL0

EDIT; excuse the subtitles, made a video to share with my dad who is out of country and hasn't seen the bike.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Tested out my "ghetto pro" action cam on my HJC FG-17. Thoughts on the side view?  

EDIT; excuse the subtitles, made a video to share with my dad who is out of country and hasn't seen the bike.
Very cool video!  Love the sound of your exhaust.   What is it? 

Why can't left turners see us?

dentalprodigy

Very cool video!  Love the sound of your exhaust.   What is it? 

Thanks! Glad you like it.  It's the M4 slip on exhaust (~$405 at Revzilla) with baffle removed.

AGATT includes proper pants, you know... :)

• Like 1
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

dentalprodigy
AGATT includes proper pants, you know... :) 

You're absolutely right.  That's my next purchase.  I've been googling Revzilla reviews.  I'll report back.  I have a Olympia airglide 4 jacket and have been eyeing the Olympia pants for a while.  If you have any recommendations, shoot me a PM.

www.motorcyclegear.com absolutely best outfit IMO. I've been doing business with them since 2001.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

doublergirl

Am I the only moron that stripped a bolt trying to remove the passenger pegs? All of them were pretty stubborn, and the final one all of a sudden gave way like butter. I look down, completely stripped

And before you jump all over me:
Yes I had the right size allen wrench
I'm a 5' tall girl, I didn't anticipate being strong enough to strip an allen
I've already received a lecture from my boyfriend who is going to fish it out for me

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard
2007 CBR600RR Track Whore
2015 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Garage Queen

• Global Moderator

Am I the only moron that stripped a bolt trying to remove the passenger pegs? All of them were pretty stubborn, and the final one all of a sudden gave way like butter. I look down, completely stripped 
I've already received a lecture from my boyfriend who is going to fish it out for me

No you arent the only one.... luckily i wasnt planning on re-using mine
you if you havent gotten it already... try using a 1/4" standard allen.... hammered in since it may be a slight bit oversized

Also.....
be wary if you need to remove your controls(brake/shift levers)
those were in with copious amounts of red loctite

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

doublergirl

No you arent the only one.... luckily i wasnt planning on re-using mine you if you havent gotten it already... try using a 1/4" standard allen.... hammered in since it may be a slight bit oversized

Also.....
be wary if you need to remove your controls(brake/shift levers)
those were in with copious amounts of red loctite

Should I put some heat to everything going forward? I didn't have this kind of trouble with any other bike I've owned

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard
2007 CBR600RR Track Whore
2015 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Garage Queen

not so much heat but use the gunk loosener/thread penetrent. And instead of just unscrewing, unscrew 1/2 turn to full turn, then retighten and work it back and forth a couple times. Then you can unthread the whole way. If you're going to put a fastener back in the hole, chase it with a tap first.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I'm going to pick up a Joe Rocket UFO 2.0 and a pair of Olympia Air Force Gel gloves for my new bike.

• Global Moderator

sorry @doublergirl i meant the foot controls.... not levers... my bad

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
sorry @doublergirl i meant the foot controls.... not levers... my bad

I just swapped out my clutch lever and then I read your previous post and thought "hope I didn't screw it up" haha
  • Like 1

@ddog Those look pretty nice!

Thanks! I haven't had the chance to ride with them, but so far so good. Now this rain just needs to let up.

• Premium Member
@ddog Those look pretty nice!
Thanks! I haven't had the chance to ride with them, but so far so good. Now this rain just needs to let up.
Yea, tell me about it. I was in the middle of installing the ebay rearsets I just got, and a storm rolled in, spoiling my party. I got most of it done, but still need to get the right peg on and then do a check to make sure I locktited everything.

Why can't left turners see us?

canadianrider54

Replaced the stock chain and sprockets with a Driven 520 set and an EK MVXZ chain.
Renthal street bar (gold/Ultra low)
CRG bar end mirrors.
Evotech rad gaurd.

• Like 1

Some folks use the DL650 guards on standard bikes to good effect, too. Not sure how price compares between Suzuki parts and the SW Motec ones @ddog has.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg