The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Installed Annitori QS Pro yesterday and first impression: It works flawless both up & down! I'll be making an install & review video during the week (hopefully) but long story short it's a really GREAT & FUN accessory!

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Yeah, nothing worthwhile to report. Close friends have been nabbing up bikes left and right so a lot of my time is spent w/ them and getting them comfortable. Great times ahead. How's your bike, how you likin' your set up? Like I've mentioned, I'm wrapping up this bike and handing it off to the hubby, trying to decide on the next bike (:)) 

71351_excited-parks-and-rec-andy-dwyer.gif
Im thinking the striple(standard) would do you good... test rode both the standard and the R at the dealer on saturday
holy crap.... i can see why you like it so much @phicurious86

It rides like a dream.... kinda weird ergonomics but theyre comfy once you get going

I just rode a 2013 non-R and it was okay, now that there's a striple in our fam I don't want to step on my friend's toes :) Doesn't matter anyway, getting a Dragster RR if I get another nekkid bike.

Yeah, nothing worthwhile to report. Close friends have been nabbing up bikes left and right so a lot of my time is spent w/ them and getting them comfortable. Great times ahead. How's your bike, how you likin' your set up? Like I've mentioned, I'm wrapping up this bike and handing it off to the hubby, trying to decide on the next bike
I'm loving my setup position wise, but I'm hating my suspension. Gonna be deciding on a double adjustable shock soon and will probably be getting forks by Matt. I hope you find the bike you really desire that fits your every want. I'd also like to thank you for all your advice. You're cool beans in my book. ;) :thumbup:  

That's honestly where I'm at too! Think I'm between Matris and Traxxion--wide division, weighing cost savings and such. Already decided on Akra Ti and the EJK. Feels good to see the finish line in modding though it has been a very fun process. It's looking more likely that this will also double as my track bike. Thanks for your well wishes, very exciting few months ahead I'm hoping by summer the new addition will be in the garage. Fingers crossed. I always enjoy helping where I can--it ain't much but I try :D 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Finally installed the fender eliminator, looks soooo much better!
...yeah...but that tank sticker though.... ;) 
We've got a whopping 7 page removal tutorial courtesy of Allan. :D

http://fz07.org/thread/758/removal-warning-sticker-fuel-tank

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

So I did this today ... well in a way dropped a 200 lb valve on my shifting foot ... First thing I thought was my SHIFTING FOOT F*%K

• Like 2

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

so watch to the 2 min mark lol  this is me at life lol 

• Like 2

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

pineappleunderthesea

Since my bike is down for a week while 2WDW flashes the ECU, I ended up semi-installing the USB plug I bought last year to that 12V Auxiliary DC connector.  I used the terminals from Cycleterminal to create a female connector for the male plug that's on the bike (good thing Cycleterminal has a pic of how the wires crimp to the terminal, I had no clue how to assemble that thing!)   Everything seems to fit nicely together, but since the ECU is out of the bike I can't really test it to see if it works.  

7A104495-7216-4AA6-B214-BD619FA198E3_zpsl6zawfsz.jpg

• Like 4

Since my bike is down for a week while 2WDW flashes the ECU, I ended up semi-installing the USB plug I bought last year to that 12V Auxiliary DC connector.  I used the terminals from Cycleterminal to create a female connector for the male plug that's on the bike (good thing Cycleterminal has a pic of how the wires crimp to the terminal, I had no clue how to assemble that thing!)   Everything seems to fit nicely together, but since the ECU is out of the bike I can't really test it to see if it works.   

Would you have a link to the actual Cycleterminal female connector that fit our connector? 

• Premium Member
Removed ECU and sent it off to Nels at 2 Wheel DynoWorks. Here's the empty hole... 
H6DgEGN.jpg

Reinstalled the reflashed ECU. Ready to ride!  8-)

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
Removed ECU and sent it off to Nels at 2 Wheel DynoWorks. Here's the empty hole... 
H6DgEGN.jpg

Reinstalled the reflashed ECU. Ready to ride!  8-)
SWWWWEEEEEEET get out and ride
and take a few pics :)
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

castanzarules

So I don't know what I posted about last time, but...

Tore her down to install the Dobeck EJK (getting to those injectors was a B*TCH by the way, and I have small hands)

zobtBkC.jpg

UUCbsnf.jpg

Also got the Akra carbon,
bar end mirrors, tail tidy and shorty levers installed

eQKUHlW.jpg

Working on getting the EJK dialed in with the baffle out (she sounds sooooo goooood) but the weather has other plans :-(

• Like 5

• Premium Member
so watch to the 2 min mark lol  this is me at life lol  

That is hilarious!  Those cartoons were the best ever, and the fail vs. epic fail was too funny. 
  • Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

I knew it would be warm today. The plan was, wake Earl up from his winter hibernation, install the new Givi windscreen, change the oil and filter and take a ride! Yesterday I was so happy thinking about it. But I woke up this morning feeling a little sick. I think I'm getting a cold and I just had one! I still put on the Givi. It looks NICE!!! Next was the oil. Should be easy but it took too long. Where does my husband keep everything? Can he help me with the torque wrench? I don't like his because I have trouble hearing it "pop". I messed up with it twice before. He was working on his own bike or talking to the neighbors. I waited. He supervised and I still didn't hear the pop but he did. Just have to put in the battery and go. Of course I dropped a screw to the bracket over the battery. We couldn't find it. He went to the store to get a new screw and said he'd be back shortly. I shook the bike and the screw fell to the ground. My husband had just left seconds ago and I tried to run after his car but he didn't see me or hear me. I called his cell but it was on the table. I waited an hour and a half for him to return. He came back and I just had to bring the bike through the yard into the street. I didn't realize how soft and muddy it was and the 20 ft rut I left in the grass. I got my husband to help push it through the last 10 ft because I might slip and drop it. We filled in the rut and I sprayed the mud off the tires. Finally I took a ride. The temp had dropped and it was almost dark out. I was only gone an hour but hey I WAS OUT and normally I can't ride till April! So today didn't go exactly like I wanted but I did do what I said I would. Windscreen, oil change, ride.

• Like 7

• Global Moderator
I knew it would be warm today. The plan was, wake Earl up from his winter hibernation, install the new Givi windscreen, change the oil and filter and take a ride! Yesterday I was so happy thinking about it. But I woke up this morning feeling a little sick. I think I'm getting a cold and I just had one! I still put on the Givi. It looks NICE!!! Next was the oil. Should be easy but it took too long. Where does my husband keep everything? Can he help me with the torque wrench? I don't like his because I have trouble hearing it "pop". I messed up with it twice before. He was working on his own bike or talking to the neighbors. I waited. He supervised and I still didn't hear the pop but he did. Just have to put in the battery and go. Of course I dropped a screw to the bracket over the battery. We couldn't find it. He went to the store to get a new screw and said he'd be back shortly. I shook the bike and the screw fell to the ground. My husband had just left seconds ago and I tried to run after his car but he didn't see me or hear me. I called his cell but it was on the table. I waited an hour and a half for him to return. He came back and I just had to bring the bike through the yard into the street. I didn't realize how soft and muddy it was and the 20 ft rut I left in the grass. I got my husband to help push it through the last 10 ft because I might slip and drop it. We filled in the rut and I sprayed the mud off the tires. Finally I took a ride. The temp had dropped and it was almost dark out. I was only gone an hour but hey I WAS OUT and normally I can't ride till April! So today didn't go exactly like I wanted but I did do what I said I would. Windscreen, oil change, ride.
.....still got to move to the southwest

79 high and 45 low today :)
riding almost year round

Ir you could move to commiefornia

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

.....still got to move to the southwest 
79 high and 45 low today :)
riding almost year round

Ir you could move to commiefornia

Someday I have to visit California, if only to dip my toe into the Pacific. I was there 38 years ago with my grandparents. I was on the beach. I saw the ocean but I wasn't allowed to touch it! I haven't truly been across the US. Still bugs me. 
  • Like 2

A small box of goodies arrived this morning! One of the treats was an Evotech radiator guard. I installed it easily. So much nicer than the cheap one I made last year. I didn't take much time to admire it though because it started to rain. I suppose it's just as well. I definitely have a cold and feel a little dizzy. Earl is under a bike cover. I'd like to put him back in the shed but I don't want to tear up the yard again!

• Like 3

jetgirl

I hear ya but you know what sucks worse than not ever being there? Being there when you're like two years old, not remembering anything about it but knowing the only thing you did there was dirty some diapers and learn to say things like ga-ga and poopie. That's me. I would love to go upstate Cali and check out the redwood forest and the coastline.

• Like 1

Beemer

jetgirl 
I hear ya but you know what sucks worse than not ever being there? Being there when you're like two years old, not remembering anything about it but knowing the only thing you did there was dirty some diapers and learn to say things like ga-ga and poopie. That's me. I would love to go upstate Cali and check out the redwood forest and the coastline.
We took a motorhome from MA to Disneyland. My little brother and I were so excited. But they only allowed us to go on the stupid baby rides while our older cousins went on Space Mountain. Did the monorail, a submarine, some type of revolving theater puppet show and a little boat in a mountain where they sang "It's a small world after all".  Also did the Flying Dumbos and couldn't figure it out till the end of the ride. My cousins slept outside without a tent (fun) while I slept with my grandmother who squished me against the wall. 
  • Like 1

pineappleunderthesea

Would you have a link to the actual Cycleterminal female connector that fit our connector?
Here is the link to Cycle Terminal You will need the MT090-2 Male set (they label it Male even though the connector is Female to me, but anyway).  Just scroll down the page a bit and you'll see them.  All the way at the bottom is a pic of the installed product, I just used pliers to crimp mine.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Finally found time to make a good finished set of the little custom side marker pods with final install. I went with red logos due to my bike's red metal accents. These, as well as the led light strip scoop mod will run on the "Custom LED - blinker genie" (for using 2 wire lighting as DRL and signals)  Final panel reassembly and wash next week! :D:D:D

[attachment id=1502" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1503" thumbnail="1]

• Like 9

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

@mrpuss Wow, those are really cool. I can hardly wait to see them on the bike lit up!

• Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
@mrpuss Wow, those are really cool. I can hardly wait to see them on the bike lit up!
Thanks @rowdy, yeah me too man! A real time consuming project to find all the parts and get everything fitted and working just right. Glad its done.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

[attachment id=1504" thumbnail="1]

Took the bike in to replace the broken left signal light and windshield after a 40-mph gale in Bellingham, Washington, blew it over.

• Like 2