The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

Took the bike in to replace the broken left signal light and windshield after a 40-mph gale in Bellingham, Washington, blew it over.
OUCH! 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
[attachment id=1504" thumbnail="1] 
Took the bike in to replace the broken left signal light and windshield after a 40-mph gale in Bellingham, Washington, blew it over.

That sucks. I was out of town during the wind and my bike was fortunately safe in the garage.

Aside from the resultant scratched and broken bits, nothing worse than the sound of a bike hitting pavement. We've all been there - it'll always suck 

Would you have a link to the actual Cycleterminal female connector that fit our connector?
Here is the link to Cycle Terminal You will need the MT090-2 Male set (they label it Male even though the connector is Female to me, but anyway).  Just scroll down the page a bit and you'll see them.  All the way at the bottom is a pic of the installed product, I just used pliers to crimp mine.
They label it male because the lugs inside the plastic bit are male. Maybe that's a bit confusing, but it really is the more consistent description 
There's a reason why the tools for making those crimps are expensive. They do a far better job than just squeezing the tabs onto the wires. Squeeze too hard and you can break wires. Not squeeze hard enough and the wires can pull out. Best bet for most of us not willing to drop a big bucks for a rarely used tool is to learn how to solder.  
  • Like 1

Damn! That suks! My first impression afterconnecting your story to the picture was I wonder if that tarp acted as a sail to catch more wind. Not your fault IF it did. How could you know there was going to be a gae come along and screw up your bike.
  • Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
Damn! That suks! My first impression afterconnecting your story to the picture was I wonder if that tarp acted as a sail to catch more wind. Not your fault IF it did. How could you know there was going to be a gae come along and screw up your bike.
The cover was a great sail. The bike was in gear and it blew over in the direction of the kickstand. The motel I'm in lost power for a few hours, benches, chairs and trash all over the parking lot, and the US flag ripped off. The Canadian flag is still flying. Also, I should have paid attention to the weather report.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

That totally sux! I'm sorry this happened to your baby. The picture is somewhat surreal though - it's so spotlessly clean all around that it almost looks like a stage or prop. 

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
 I would love to go upstate Cali and check out the redwood forest and the coastline.
That's my backyard! You are welcome to ride with us anytime Beems! (Can I call you that?)
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Here is the link to Cycle Terminal You will need the MT090-2 Male set (they label it Male even though the connector is Female to me, but anyway).  Just scroll down the page a bit and you'll see them.  All the way at the bottom is a pic of the installed product, I just used pliers to crimp mine.
They label it male because the lugs inside the plastic bit are male. Maybe that's a bit confusing, but it really is the more consistent description 

Yep. The female is always hot and the male is dead until plugged into the female.    ;)

Finally found time to make a good finished set of the little custom side marker pods with final install. I went with red logos due to my bike's red metal accents. These, as well as the led light strip scoop mod will run on the "Custom LED - blinker genie" (for using 2 wire lighting as DRL and signals)  Final panel reassembly and wash next week! :D:D:D 

Those look really sharp man! Please post pics of them lit up when they are on the bike, can't wait to see how it looks! 
  • Like 1

OK, so I got some FLAK about my first decal here from you guys Haha! (which I appreciate btw) I wanted to keep the "FZ07" panel stickers so, like I said, I'm slowly adding strategically-placed decals on the bike to try and compliment the first sticker. I'm not fully done yet, but here the progress. Thoughts and opinions?! (be nice jerks! Lol jk) 3481368a8888a5e37b2859e7c9088378.jpg207bd318b5e5620459af3d4563c95bc2.jpg9ea56f14be9302246d32247407ef3c1f.jpg4efca6467aa5a9076239cf80ff5a33b3.jpgbf0060b3a155aa93166e7d0220810716.jpg

... And I wanted to show the rim stickers before they get all dirty and what not from the chain.

• Like 3

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1504] 
Good thing it was chained up! That sucks. Good news, it's all cosmetic hopefully and it won't stop you from riding. Good luck man.

• Premium Member
OK, so I got some FLAK about my first decal here from you guys Haha! (which I appreciate btw) I wanted to keep the "FZ07" panel stickers so, like I said, I'm slowly adding strategically-placed decals on the bike to try and compliment the first sticker. I'm not fully done yet, but here the progress. Thoughts and opinions?! (be nice jerks! Lol jk) 

... And I wanted to show the rim stickers before they get all dirty and what not from the chain.
Looks Great!
  • Like 1

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

I might go for a set of white panels or pearl white that looks nice with the blue frame

• Like 1

Yeah, after I got my bike (which I thought looked amazing the first time I saw it) I started looking around on line and noticed a few sticker kits that would look VERY good with a white bike! This silver color is hard to add stuff to it. ☺ but I like a challenge. Oh and thanks for the compliment! Appreciate it man!

• Premium Member

I really dig those white air scoop decals, they have a cool retro quality

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

The cover was a great sail. The bike was in gear and it blew over in the direction of the kickstand. The motel I'm in lost power for a few hours, benches, chairs and trash all over the parking lot, and the US flag ripped off. The Canadian flag is still flying. Also, I should have paid attention to the weather report.
Been there. I hitch hiked 60 miles to see a gf once when I was young, dumb and full of bubble gum and didn't check the weather report before leaving. 20 miles down the road the blizzard of 78' hit and there I was on a highway and when I got to the gf's house she was out with her new bf. I paid very close attention to weather reports and red flags after that. Ha!
  • Like 1

Beemer

caliesv

I think it's looking nice. I just received some rim stickers (FZ-07 stickers) myself but I can't put them on until I give my bike a bath in a week or so (inside jk). I'm expecting some new tank stickers here soon also so when I get them put on as well I'll take pictures of my bike and put them up. I noticed you have some of the same lever guards I posted a few days ago, they look good and aren't very expensive. I should get some ... but then we would be like brothers and have to drink some beer together. ;)  heh! I'll buy the 1st round.

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member

@caliesv I really like the wheel stickers. I have some black reflective "FZ-07" wheel stickers for the front and rear wheel, but I haven't had time to put then on yet (too many other mods) . ;)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
 I would love to go upstate Cali and check out the redwood forest and the coastline.
That's my backyard! You are welcome to ride with us anytime Beems! (Can I call you that?)
You have one freakin' awesome backyard.  Mine has a nice view of the Wasatch mountains. :) 

Sure, can I call you Chickie? It's one of those Brit words I love. If I ever head out that way I'll give you a heads up and you can watch me first hand do wheelies over turtles.  ;)

Beemer

caliesv 
I think it's looking nice. I just received some rim stickers (FZ-07 stickers) myself but I can't put them on until I give my bike a bath in a week or so (inside jk). I'm expecting some new tank stickers here soon also so when I get them put on as well I'll take pictures of my bike and put them up. I noticed you have some of the same lever guards I posted a few days ago, they look good and aren't very expensive. I should get some ... but then we would be like brothers and have to drink some beer together. ;)  heh! I'll buy the 1st round.
Haha sounds good man. Yeah I went with the cheap guards just to see if I even want them on my bike. And I do. I like them a lot. Might pick up a more expensive set one of these days. Looking forward to your decal pics! I like seeing people make their bikes their own.
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator
I might go for a set of white panels or pearl white that looks nice with the blue frame
Here's a pic:

white_blue.jpg

• Like 2

@caliesv I really like the wheel stickers. I have some black reflective "FZ-07" wheel stickers for the front and rear wheel, but I haven't had time to put then on yet (too many other mods) . ;)
Nice, I'm trying to decide if I want black reflective tape, silver or white. I just got the rim Tape applicator in hopes the reflective tape will play nice with it. ☺ I'll let everyone know how it goes when ever I order the tape.

• Premium Member
Here's a pic: 
white_blue.jpg

I do like it  
  • Like 1