The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
That's my backyard! You are welcome to ride with us anytime Beems! (Can I call you that?)
You have one freakin' awesome backyard.  Mine has a nice view of the Wasatch mountains. :) 

I've seen those those Wasatch mountains and they are incredible! I have a bro that used to live in Draper. 
  • Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
OK, so I got some FLAK about my first decal here from you guys Haha! (which I appreciate btw) I wanted to keep the "FZ07" panel stickers so, like I said, I'm slowly adding strategically-placed decals on the bike to try and compliment the first sticker. I'm not fully done yet, but here the progress. Thoughts and opinions?! (be nice jerks! Lol jk) 3481368a8888a5e37b2859e7c9088378.jpg207bd318b5e5620459af3d4563c95bc2.jpg9ea56f14be9302246d32247407ef3c1f.jpg4efca6467aa5a9076239cf80ff5a33b3.jpgbf0060b3a155aa93166e7d0220810716.jpg 

... And I wanted to show the rim stickers before they get all dirty and what not from the chain.

I admire your lack of chicken strips.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
That's my backyard! You are welcome to ride with us anytime Beems! (Can I call you that?)
Sure, can I call you Chickie? It's one of those Brit words I love. If I ever head out that way I'll give you a heads up and you can watch me first hand do wheelies over turtles.  ;)
Sure. I haven't seen any turtles but we do have banana slugs.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I still see some KFC just sayin ....

• Like 1

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Ha thanks, coming from an r1, seems appropriate to burn them off ☺ too bad the pegs hit a little on the early side

• Like 1

OK, so I got some FLAK about my first decal here from you guys Haha! (which I appreciate btw) I wanted to keep the "FZ07" panel stickers so, like I said, I'm slowly adding strategically-placed decals on the bike to try and compliment the first sticker. I'm not fully done yet, but here the progress. Thoughts and opinions?! (be nice jerks! Lol jk) 3481368a8888a5e37b2859e7c9088378.jpg207bd318b5e5620459af3d4563c95bc2.jpg9ea56f14be9302246d32247407ef3c1f.jpg4efca6467aa5a9076239cf80ff5a33b3.jpgbf0060b3a155aa93166e7d0220810716.jpg 

... And I wanted to show the rim stickers before they get all dirty and what not from the chain.

you have the link for the rim stickers? thanks!

No! My rim stickers! Jk hold on

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=351533168994&alt=web

FYI you get 2 stickers for that price. I did 2 stickers on each side. They will not fit the front tire. And when you install them, peal the backing off and stick one letter on at a time. You're going to have to adjust each letter individually. If u have any questions please ask!

• Global Moderator

FYI you get 2 stickers for that price. I did 2 stickers on each side. They will not fit the front tire. And when you install them, peal the backing off and stick one letter on at a time. You're going to have to adjust each letter individually. If u have any questions please ask!
I like those wheel stickers. Red ones would look great on my bike, but I do not think I am talented enough to get them on straight. 
  • Like 1

They have a lot of colors. Like I said, you will have to adjust each letter individually. I used the inner crease of the rim as my guide.

haha!

cool man thanks for the link!!
my bike is too plain, I've been looking for decals but can't find something i like.  your bike looks awesome btw!
  • Like 1

I'm thinking about putting a white decal on my seat cowl that tapers up::

トルクのモンスター

"Monster of torque"

But in a better font. I think it's starting to get to the "Too much going on" Level.

Or a smaller black one near the knee area...

Thoughts?

This is more of what I have done to mine for this riding season ecu flash, kn filter, oil change , new grips moved to the mountains

• Premium Member

i feel like the oddball here...i totaly took off all decals and badges and stickers from my bike ...even the one on the exhaust.. a clean bike is a happy bike... only decal i have is the lil 2WDW decal on the swing arm by the leo vince exhuast pipe exit...

and it makes ppl curious what kinda bike i have :D

• Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

トルクのモンスター

"Monster of torque"

But in a better font. I think it's starting to get to the "Too much going on" Level.

Thoughts?

Seen as you have a FZ I dont think it should be allowed :P That might look cool, you would have to get the stickers made up first to see how it looks, maybe spray the tapered bit is the matt silver and have the sticker in black or the blue to match

• Like 1

i feel like the oddball here...i totaly took off all decals and badges and stickers from my bike ...even the one on the exhaust.. a clean bike is a happy bike... only decal i have is the lil 2WDW decal on the swing arm by the leo vince exhuast pipe exit... 

Before I put a Yamaha sticker on mine people would scan it from front to back trying to figure it out. I think they maybe saw the tiny FZ-07 sticker under the seat but they always asked what it was and when I told them they would just say, oh. It's funny, now that people know it's a Yamaha, FZ-07 they just say nice bike and I personally like that better.

Beemer

That's another way to do it. That's what I usually do with my trucks ☺ and you're right, people always ask me what kind of bike it is, then, "how much is this thing, like 15/20k?!" Haha
  • Like 1

トルクのモンスター

"Monster of torque"

Thoughts?

Seen as you have a FZ I dont think it should be allowed :P That might look cool, you would have to get the stickers made up first to see how it looks, maybe spray the tapered bit is the matt silver and have the sticker in black or the blue to match

I wish there was a meaning behind "fz"! At least" mt" means something, so weird. Damn USA yamaha!

fooschnickens

FINALLY rode it, gonna make the most of this weather while it holds out, supposed to have rain sometime this weekend...

Yeehaa, 1st ride of the year. After sitting in a cold garage since sometime in November, the FZ fired right up and settled into a smooth idle. Just a short ride to get back into the swing of it, but the bike ran flawlessly - not even a hint of a stall. Unlike taking my Aprilia out for its 1st ride of the year, this little Yamaha is just so easy to ride - it's liberating.

• Like 1

I wish there was a meaning behind "fz"! At least" mt" means something, so weird. Damn USA yamaha!
I wonder why they dont just call it MT in USA aswell, seems silly having different names for the same bike.... I have masters of torque on my number plate :)
Tail%20Tidy1_zpspfcsasfj.jpg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

MT always makes me think of empty...or Montana. Same thing really.

orangecrush

I've been collecting goodies but not had the time until today to fit anything.

So far I've fitted adjustable levers, R6 throttle tube, -1 tooth front sprocket and today I replaced the POS rear shock with a Matris unit.
A huge improvement all round. Really looking forward to fitting the Matris F15 cartridge kit once Matt's shim and piston kit arrives.

2016-03-12%2015.21.06.jpg

• Like 6