The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
I've been collecting goodies but not had the time until today to fit anything. 
So far I've fitted adjustable levers, R6 throttle tube, -1 tooth front sprocket and today I replaced the POS rear shock with a Matris unit.
A huge improvement all round. Really looking forward to fitting the Matris F15 cartridge kit once Matt's shim and piston kit arrives.

2016-03-12%2015.21.06.jpg
Yea, I really like the improvement the Matris shock made.  I've got the cartridges, but haven't had the chance yet to send mine to Matt to be rebuilt (not sure if I want to try it myself). 

Why can't left turners see us?

Took the bike in to replace the broken left signal light and windshield after a 40-mph gale in Bellingham, Washington, blew it over.
Damn, that is heartbreaking.

@caliesv I really like the wheel stickers. I have some black reflective "FZ-07" wheel stickers for the front and rear wheel, but I haven't had time to put then on yet (too many other mods) . ;)
Nice, I'm trying to decide if I want black reflective tape, silver or white. I just got the rim Tape applicator in hopes the reflective tape will play nice with it. ☺ I'll let everyone know how it goes when ever I order the tape.
Recently I posted this, @caliesv - it's 3M Scotchcal Striping Tape, 1/4-Inch by 50-Foot, Black (item [HASH]79902), hope this helps you decide. 
http://fz07.org/post/67395/thread

• Like 1

Nice, I'm trying to decide if I want black reflective tape, silver or white. I just got the rim Tape applicator in hopes the reflective tape will play nice with it. ☺ I'll let everyone know how it goes when ever I order the tape.
Recently I posted this, @caliesv - it's 3M Scotchcal Striping Tape, 1/4-Inch by 50-Foot, Black (item [HASH]79902), hope this helps you decide. 

I've seen that! Looks dope! Thanks
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Finished a reflective design today; 
IMG_2572_zps2k5zdb6s.jpgIMG_2589_zpsxurobdy3.jpgIMG_2596_zps25ccmzph.jpg

What kind of under belly piece do you have on your bike ? Can you post a link please.

• Premium Member

@caliesv and @holderosa , here's another option as well; I found this site while looking for reflective materials... great selection and decent prices and at the bottom of the page they sell a cutter so a 1-inch roll would last quite a while... 
 https://www.identi-tape.com/super-eng2.html

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I'd like the see how reflective they are compared to each other, but good find either way ☺️

Installed Yoshimura tail tidy with genuine Yamaha LED blinkers, also Cyclops headlight and to finish it up I installed tst industries flush turn signals.

orangecrush
I've been collecting goodies but not had the time until today to fit anything. 
So far I've fitted adjustable levers, R6 throttle tube, -1 tooth front sprocket and today I replaced the POS rear shock with a Matris unit.
A huge improvement all round. Really looking forward to fitting the Matris F15 cartridge kit once Matt's shim and piston kit arrives.

Yea, I really like the improvement the Matris shock made.  I've got the cartridges, but haven't had the chance yet to send mine to Matt to be rebuilt (not sure if I want to try it myself). 
Agreed, the Matris is a great improvement right out of the box @rowdy . I've not touched it yet (checked sag, etc). I'll do that once I've installed the cartridges. I'm in the UK so @pattonme is sending me his upgrade kit to DIY fit. Although last week I found out we have an ex MotoGP, World Superbike and MX GP crew chief and suspension tech just set up shop in town. If he's willing to fit Matt's kit I'll hand the cartridges over to him. 

• Global Moderator
Washed it...didn't get to the mid-pipe though :) 
mtright.jpg
What exhaust is rhat?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Agreed, the Matris is a great improvement right out of the box @rowdy . I've not touched it yet (checked sag, etc). I'll do that once I've installed the cartridges. I'm in the UK so @pattonme  is sending me his upgrade kit to DIY fit. Although last week I found out we have an ex MotoGP, World Superbike and MX GP crew chief and suspension tech just set up shop in town. If he's willing to fit Matt's kit I'll hand the cartridges over to him. 
How much does it work out for Pattonme's kit with postage to the uk?? 

orangecrush
@delbee1 Matt has various options for the kit and the price varies accordingly. Probably best to PM him.

@delbee1  Matt has various options for the kit and the price varies accordingly. Probably best to PM him.
Yeah I will do, hopefully the postage wont be too much, just depends what the customs charges will be as well, I ordered the Cyclops bulb and actually worked out expensive with the postage and charges...

Pulled bike out of winter storage today. Told my wife i was going for a quick 15 minute ride. Got home 3 hours later. She said she knew that was going to happen. Feels so good to be riding again.

• Like 6

dentalprodigy

Tested out my Mobius action cam with a different helmet mount angle. Still needs some adjustment but it's better than before

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Put on some wheels stickers.  Color is reflective black
Shown with and without flash
[attachment id=1521" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1520" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1523" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1522" thumbnail="1]

• Like 4

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator

Yamaha ChampStreet riding skills course
spent 5 hours riding around my first time on a track. Practicing trail-braking and braking while cornering drills

The guys I met today know their stuff and I will certainly be attending one of their other courses at some point in the future.
The local Xcel trackdays will be coming up on my calendar shortly

• Like 6

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

9708cb18a7bbf518a533974f54bb574f.jpg Power bronze installed

@simbadc650 - Can you post a picture of the side bike from a distance, I would like to see the covers underneath the bike.
And also a link if you can.
  • Like 2

9708cb18a7bbf518a533974f54bb574f.jpg Power bronze installed
@simbadc650 - Can you post a picture of the side bike from a distance, I would like to see the covers underneath the bike. And also a link if you can.
+1
  • Like 1