The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Commuted her like I normally do, but this day, she got wet.

23a68a938d8ee18539f7f1bbc99c8114.jpg

• Like 1

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
Nice! My wife is very open to picking up a FZ07 as well. Now all the high end gear I have been researching for myself can now be outfitted to her. Fun stuff!  
What is the little black box mounted on the rear of her helmet?

Looks like a Sena SMH10R Bluetooth antenna.
battery, the antenna is internal to the controller

not so much today, but kinda
after the ride yesterday up to prescott, i noted more oil coming from my clutch-cover/waterpump area.
went back to the dealer to gripe/moan about it, since they were supposed to have resealed it on thursday.
they may end up replacing the right half of the motor at this point. accoring to the tech, the case is porous at the bottom of one of the bolt holes. this allows oiul top seep through the case, out and around the threads of the bolt and out onto my exhaust. where it stinks like a mo-fo

Is anyone else having issues with their clutch side engine cover leaking oil? need to know if i'm alone in this....

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Looks like a Sena SMH10R Bluetooth antenna.

after the ride yesterday up to prescott, i noted more oil coming from my clutch-cover/waterpump area.
went back to the dealer to gripe/moan about it, since they were supposed to have resealed it on thursday.
they may end up replacing the right half of the motor at this point. accoring to the tech, the case is porous at the bottom of one of the bolt holes. this allows oiul top seep through the case, out and around the threads of the bolt and out onto my exhaust. where it stinks like a mo-fo

Is anyone else having issues with their clutch side engine cover leaking oil? need to know if i'm alone in this....

Ahhh, I didn't know. I have a 20S :cool:

About your case, that sucks. How many miles so far? What do you think caused it?

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

they may end up replacing the right half of the motor at this point. accoring to the tech, the case is porous at the bottom of one of the bolt holes. this allows oil to seep through the case, out and around the threads of the bolt and out onto my exhaust. where it stinks like a mo-fo

Ahhh, I didn't know. I have a 20S :cool:  
About your case, that sucks. How many miles so far? What do you think caused it?
18.5k on the clock so far, but thursday was the 4th time they've attempted a repair on the same leak. so i'm not entirely sure what to do
 now.

there is always a chance for porous spots in a cast piece of metal, but metallurgy has come a long way since the mid 60s
casting porosity is more common than you'd think, though it seems to happen more often internally as far as engine blocks/cases go due to the assumption that everything needs to be made lighter and more efficient.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I hope they care of it for you @sorkyah. That's sucks news. I haven't seen much porosity in castings, but I have seen cracks. I see porosity in welding all day though lol. I work in the body center at Tesla Motors.

• Like 1

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Sorkyah...is it possible a long bolt got threaded into that problem hole and accidentally cracked the back of the bolt hole casting... This happens once and awhile at my work on the product's we make...we just take a needle that can fit down the hole and fill it with " titanium putty"... Then " 're tap hole" and put the proper short bolt in...

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator
Sorkyah...is it possible a long bolt got threaded into that problem hole and accidentally cracked the back of the bolt hole casting... This happens once and awhile at my work on the product's we make...we just take a needle that can fit down the hole and fill it with " titanium putty"... Then " 're tap hole" and put the proper short bolt in...
I would agree with you if not for the fact that the bolts holding the case cover on, are all the same save for 3, and those three are shorter  and actually hold the pump to the case.

83a07cb1044da63b77841d42850f3ae3.jpg

The bottom red bolt is leaking due to a porosity issue
the Yellow bolts are case bolts and almost 3x longer than the water pump bolts

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not much, but if this little sucker prevents her from sinking into melting tarmac on a hot AZ day, it will have been well worth the $55 USD I paid for it.
4d13ed6b349bddc24209c1a91d5c7e05.jpg

• Like 5

Just gave my ecu to a local motorsports shop I trust to have it reflashed. I have gone to them for mostly everything I wanted, so I'm trusting their local tune from a dyno will correct the obvious flaws of our bike. They have decades of race experience and tuning, so for the price and convenience I hope it runs more proper.

• Like 1

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Just gave my ecu to a local motorsports shop I trust to have it reflashed. I have gone to them for mostly everything I wanted, so I'm trusting their local tune from a dyno will correct the obvious flaws of our bike. They have decades of race experience and tuning, so for the price and convenience I hope it runs more proper.
That reflash isn't going to correct the suspension.  That's what you meant by obvious flaws, right?  j/k

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

That reflash isn't going to correct the suspension.  That's what you meant by obvious flaws, right?  j/k

LOL exactly. That will be a pricey upgrade to fix an obvious flaws tho! But something all of us have thought about already too. That'll prob make the most difference in day to day riding.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member

I picked this stand up and it works great so I got another one for the front tire/ or for the Buell

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DO3AC1C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Picked up a extra fuel can for my road trip
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015I0GE6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

With a holster not sure where to put it though ??? the can fits in this case FYI
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HEJ24Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

• Like 4

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
I picked this stand up and it works great so I got another one for the front tire/ or for the Buell  
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DO3AC1C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Picked up a extra fuel can for my road trip
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015I0GE6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

With a holster not sure where to put it though ??? the can fits in this case FYI
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HEJ24Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
Looks like that fuel bottle and holster might fit where I used to have passenger pegs... hmmmm. 
  • Like 2

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator

Fuel bottle on one side
Shock res on the other

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have the passenger pegs off but when I held it up to the frame it seemed kinda close to the rear tire..... I have it tied in to my tank bag now but if I come up with something I'll post a pic of it...

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

sorkyah

No trouble here with my case. Sorry to hear about yours, that sucks. Good luck!

Beemer

Not much, but if this little sucker prevents her from sinking into melting tarmac on a hot AZ day, it will have been well worth the $55 USD I paid for it. 4d13ed6b349bddc24209c1a91d5c7e05.jpg
Every time I see a pic of one of those I feel I should get one 'just in case' as you mentioned but as quick as I think that I think about getting a center stand instead. I am so hung up on which to go with.  :P
  • Like 2

Beemer

sorkyah 
Hey, Beemer could you post a pic of your bike. I'm trying to see the look of the akra carbon exhaust with a ermax belly pan. Thanks. 

sorkyah 
Hey, Beemer could you post a pic of your bike. I'm trying to see the look of the akra carbon exhaust with a ermax belly pan. Thanks.
Ok, here it is in all it's filth. I hired someone to wash it for me but they never showed up for the big bucks.  :D   

[attachment id=1534" thumbnail="1]
  • Like 1

Beemer

Put on some new mirrors. I might have to try some bar end ones at a later date to see which ones I like better. 

They do look nice in my opinion. 

20160322_165617_zpsw3lusjph.jpg

20160322_165649_zpsfraiwkrr.jpg

• Like 6

Badass mirrors @afistfullofmoto! May I ask what brand/model these are?

They are pretty sharp looking aren't they? Well their Chinese knock off's of the Italian made Rizomo Circuit 744 Mirrors. The real Rizomo mirrors would of cost me over $400 (that's Canadian dollars) these were about $80 with shipping. 

When I seen how much it was going to cost me I said screw that Shet and found these that are about 99 percent the same. I'm not paying no dam $400 for mirrors.

The quality is really good which I expected. (I have seen the actual real ones also). The mirrors are that sort of blue and anti glare. All billet aluminium.

There really nice but i will need to order a couple of types of bar end mirrors to test for my personal preference.

• Like 2

They are pretty sharp looking aren't they? Well their Chinese knock off's of the Italian made Rizomo Circuit 744 Mirrors. The real Rizomo mirrors would of cost me over $400 (that's Canadian dollars) these were about $80 with shipping. 

When I seen how much it was going to cost me I said screw that Shet and found these that are about 99 percent the same. I'm not paying no dam $400 for mirrors.

The quality is really good which I expected. (I have seen the actual real ones also). The mirrors are that sort of blue and anti glare. All billet aluminium.

There really nice but i will need to order a couple of types of bar end mirrors to test for my personal preference.

Thanks for the heads up man! I have CRG hindsight bar end mirrors on mine, but have been looking at diff oem stalk mirrors lately.
  • Like 1