The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

I resemble that remark! LOL
@so1102 - did you get my PM, I send you a small video about installing the Denali Horn.
Yes thanks

Ok, here it is in all it's filth. I hired someone to wash it for me but they never showed up for the big bucks.  :D   

Lol you installed the exhaust the "wrong way"
You're the first person that has pointed that out, thanks! Ever since I put it on I've always felt that it looked a little odd. After looking at the hanger it appears I put it (the hanger) on backwards but I remember when I installed it I thought it needed to be hung that way, cocked out like that to be kept away from the swing-arm to avoid it touching and causing vibration but apparently I over guessed it. Thanks again, bud!

Beemer

Lol you installed the exhaust the "wrong way"
You're the first person that has pointed that out, thanks! Ever since I put it on I've always felt that it looked a little odd. After looking at the hanger it appears I put it (the hanger) on backwards but I remember when I installed it I thought it needed to be hung that way, cocked out like that to be kept away from the swing-arm to avoid it touching and causing vibration but apparently I over guessed it. Thanks again, bud!
I figured everyone does things to personalize their bikes and you just did it on purpose ☺

I figured everyone does things to personalize their bikes and you just did it on purpose ☺
Hey, good morning! It's funny you say that because right before I posted that I looked at other peoples Akra CF pipes on you tube and guess what ... almost every pipe I saw was hung a different way so I guess there really isn't no "Right Way" because there were no instructions to achieve the right way. Still, I do think it looks odd (while others may not) so I will be making a change to that. You watch, later after I've done it someone else will say it's wrong, ha! Ain't that the way it always goes?!
  • Like 1

Beemer

Hey, good morning! It's funny you say that because right before I posted that I looked at other peoples Akra CF pipes on you tube and guess what ... almost every pipe I saw was hung a different way so I guess there really isn't no "Right Way" because there were no instructions to achieve the right way. Still, I do think it looks odd (while others may not) so I will be making a change to that. You watch, later after I've done it someone else will say it's wrong, ha! Ain't that the way it always goes?!
Haha! Just move the sticker down! Problem solved ☺
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Haha! Just move the sticker down! Problem solved ☺
IDK I just followed the instructions and a bit of common sense :) on mine and it seems to have turned out just fine (see here:  http://fz07.org/post/70827 ).  No sticker re-jiggering needed.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Took a nice long 2 1/2 hr ride out to lake Bartlett and back.  Only had to stop to clean bugs off my visor three times LOL.  Smart of me to pack some cleaner and a microfiber towel in my backpack.

Oh, and getting hit in the adam's apple by a bug while going 90 is no bueno.

ee73ef086249c14a0771f2163af808e5.jpg

c987850a588d3001ec37355d08e99e8e.jpg

Had to get a picture of this sign which says "Whoa!  Slow Down!  Horse town" -- uh, yeah, right.  Sure thing boss.
7fe68ae8074104eb1479b9b15b7b73db.jpg

• Like 6

They are the smoothe riders and the mileage whores whereas the blurples seem to be the sexy librarian that doesnt get out much
So you admit that blurple is sexy. 
FYI I took Earl out for 11,050 miles in 7 months. Yeah I know, if I move south, it could be a lot more.

• Premium Member
They are the smoothe riders and the mileage whores whereas the blurples seem to be the sexy librarian that doesnt get out much
FYI I took Earl out for 11,050 miles in 7 months. Yeah I know, if I move south, it could be a lot more.

He's just jealous.   8-)

Insured mine today after sitting for the winter. Checked all the fluid levels. Checked the tires. Installed the battery. Put the seat back on.
Hit the starter button. Ree,ree,ree,ree,ree,ree,ree, and no start. Try again - No start. Try again - no start. WTF. Not even a hiccup.
Take the ffnn seat back off. Check fuses. Try again - no start.

I had to squirt a little gas into the air intake to get her running.

I topped her off with premium gas last Nov. and added some fuel stabilizer. I might have screwed myself by using very old stabilizer.

Took her for a good run. Runs great and starts ok now.

First time I've had an issue starting a fuel injected bike after sitting all winter.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

He's just jealous.   8-)

I never said it wasnt
i just said that red is SOOOOOO much better looking
and faster... cant forget faster

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
Took a nice long 2 1/2 hr ride out to lake Bartlett and back.  Only had to stop to clean bugs off my visor three times LOL.  Smart of me to pack some cleaner and a microfiber towel in my backpack. 

ee73ef086249c14a0771f2163af808e5.jpg

c987850a588d3001ec37355d08e99e8e.jpg

Had to get a picture of this sign which says "Whoa!  Slow Down!  Horse town" -- uh, yeah, right.  Sure thing boss.
7fe68ae8074104eb1479b9b15b7b73db.jpg
Damnit... you went w/o me?
oh well... i see how it is
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

Damnit... you went w/o me? oh well... i see how it is
Yea, the bug thing...  Right there is reason enough to wear a full face.  I've had bugs hit me at 70+ that felt like someone threw an egg at me and almost knocked me off the bike.  I'm glad I was wearing my, what became a very bug gut soiled and opaque shield helmet. :) 
  • Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Swapped out the Pirelli Supercorsa Diablo SC2 tires with the OEM Michelin PR3's.  $72 bucks labor with tires on bike. 

http://imgur.com/a/IlQmR
Nice camera!
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Damnit... you went w/o me? oh well... i see how it is
Yea, the bug thing...  Right there is reason enough to wear a full face.  I've had bugs hit me at 70+ that felt like someone threw an egg at me and almost knocked me off the bike.  I'm glad I was wearing my, what became a very bug gut soiled and opaque shield helmet. :)
Talking about bugs, I collected a lot of them today while hitting 132 MPH for the first time.

1192827889a7fbc1de4a5fad935ac047.jpg
  • Like 4

SigSide.jpg

Took her out for a long ride today.  Also installed LED turn signals front and back, and hacked off the license plate dong.  Fender eliminator is almost a necessary mod.
 IMG_20160326_143943699_HDR_zpsxoapxsfp.jpgIMG_20160326_143958416_HDR_zps2bgvxv9a.jpg.html?o=0

• Like 5

• Premium Member

Wife took the FZ out for her first ride so excited for her and me lol

• Like 4

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

First ride in general, or first one on the FZ? 
You planning on getting her something for herself?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Daughter got ready for the riding season.

My wife made her custom kevlar jeans.

110.jpg

She also got to try her new pink leather jacket and her own sena bluetooth.  She stepped up this year and rode pillion out into the streets (her idea). She rode 10 miles around 35 mph streets. 

210.jpg

• Like 7

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Global Moderator

110.jpg

She also got to try her new pink leather jacket and her own sena bluetooth.  She stepped up this year and rode out into the streets (her idea). She rode 10 miles around 35 mph streets. 

210.jpg
She rode the fz?
How old is she?
How did she like it?

She also got to try her new pink leather jacket and her own sena bluetooth.  She stepped up this year and rode out into the streets (her idea). She rode 10 miles around 35 mph streets. 

She rode the fz? How old is she?
How did she like it?
Sorry, I worded it wrong.  She rode pillion.  She is 9, she rode last year during the spring/summer but around the neighborhood area. 

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
First ride in general, or first one on the FZ? 
You planning on getting her something for herself?

First ride ever except for some dirt bikes over 20 years ago lol. I plan on when we ride she can take the FZ I'll ride the Buell for now.  

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

Changing it up...
[attachment id=1547" thumbnail="1]

• Like 3

Why can't left turners see us?