The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
Changing it up... 

These kickers should have been black to begin with; I powder coated mine matte black as well, and IMO they look much "tougher".  
That air vest came in, I just have to bug my wife to take some glamour shots and I'll post em up. :D  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

autoentropy
Took a nice long 2 1/2 hr ride out to lake Bartlett and back.  Only had to stop to clean bugs off my visor three times LOL.  Smart of me to pack some cleaner and a microfiber towel in my backpack. 
Oh, and getting hit in the adam's apple by a bug while going 90 is no bueno.

I was out there on Friday. Awesome ride. Doing Apache Trail tomorrow. 
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

To Tortilla Flat? If you have any fillings, they'll be rattled out before you get there, due to the frost heaves. :)  On the other hand, if you want some company, let me know,

- Andy

Daughter got ready for the riding season. 
My wife made her custom kevlar jeans.

110.jpg

She also got to try her new pink leather jacket and her own sena bluetooth.  She stepped up this year and rode pillion out into the streets (her idea). She rode 10 miles around 35 mph streets. 

210.jpg
Watch out..... she is now hooked for life, she might even demand for you to keep that FZ for her to own when she turns to riding age >:D 
  • Like 2

Well I have 3033 miles on the clock so decided to do an oil change.
I went to Yamaha yesterday and picked up an oil filter and drain bolt washer, I already had the oil which was Silkolene Pro 4.
Only problem is the garage door broke when trying to close it, after around 30 mins I managed to get it closed but its not right so looks like tomorrow I'll be trying to fix that >:D

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Changing it up... 

Finished up the project... 
[attachment id=1549" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1550" thumbnail="1]

• Like 3

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
Changing it up... 

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1549]
[attachment id=1550" thumbnail="1]

What project?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
http://imgur.com/n4in6A2 Installed JRi double rear shock from pattonme 
Looks good! Do you still have your rear pegs attached?  Can you post another pic that shows how you mounted the remote reservoir? 

• Premium Member

What project?
Installed the painted side panels. :) [attachment id=1551" thumbnail="1]

• Like 1

http://imgur.com/n4in6A2 Installed JRi double rear shock from pattonme 
Looks good! Do you still have your rear pegs attached?  Can you post another pic that shows how you mounted the remote reservoir? 

I'll post a picture later when it's light out, but I ended up removing the piece of plastic between the passenger pegs, cutting down the left side enough to fit the reservoir, and mounting it directly inside of the passenger peg.

I'll post a picture later when it's light out, but I ended up removing the piece of plastic between the passenger pegs, cutting down the left side enough to fit the reservoir, and mounting it directly inside of the passenger peg.
http://imgur.com/a/FUZsX  

ParticleCannon
http://imgur.com/a/FUZsX 
Broken link

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

@ddog nice job with the install! Thanks for posting additional pics.

Guest ChicagoAJ

Tightened my chain, very loose after the first 160 miles. Those plates on the swingarm are a b*@[HASH]h to get even when tightening the axle. Only had half an hour and still didn't get them perfect. Will try again tomorrow.

• Premium Member
Tightened my chain, very loose after the first 160 miles. Those plates on the swingarm are a b*@[HASH]h to get even when tightening the axle. Only had half an hour and still didn't get them perfect. Will try again tomorrow.
Get yourself an alignment checker.  The marks on my swingarms were off by at least half a mark. Motion Pro
or if you really want to be precise...
Profi Cat Laser

• Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ
Get yourself an alignment checker.  The marks on my swingarms were off by at least half a mark. Motion Pro
Profi Cat Laser

Thanks for the links.

• Global Moderator
Profi Cat Laser

Ouch... 20 bucks for Shipping on a tool that weighs a hair less than a pound??
sttill gonna get it but damn that's expensive

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Profi Cat Laser

Ouch... 20 bucks for Shipping on a tool that weighs a hair less than a pound?? sttill gonna get it but damn that's expensive

Check around, I really didn't look for the best price. :) 

pineappleunderthesea
Profi Cat Laser

Do you need to remove the chain guard for the motion pro? (Or even the laser, for that matter). 

Guest ChicagoAJ

I think instead of these I'm just going to measure from the recession in the swingarm to the beginning of the circle in the plate on each side. That should be better than using the hash marks.

• Premium Member
Profi Cat Laser

Do you need to remove the chain guard for the motion pro? (Or even the laser, for that matter). 
No.  I bought both because I first got the Motion Pro then read that they can be inaccurate.  I bought the laser and it really just confirmed that the Motion Pro was accurate enough for me (but the laser thing is cooler and easier).  I didn't need to take anything off to use either one.