The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Just did my 1000 mile oil change a little early, at 950 miles. Put Mobil 1 racing 4t 10w40 in with a K&n oil filter.  
Anything else I need to do for the 1000 mile service?
Mile or Kilometer? if its miles it should have been done at 600 if kilometers your right on.

It is miles, I did type 1000 mile lol. And I did it at 600 miles as well, And tightened my chain.

Just did my 1000 mile oil change a little early, at 950 miles. Put Mobil 1 racing 4t 10w40 in with a K&n oil filter.  
Anything else I need to do for the 1000 mile service?
Mile or Kilometer? if its miles it should have been done at 600 if kilometers your right on.

It is miles, I did type 1000 mile lol. And I did it at 600 miles as well, And tightened my chain.
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear that. It happens and I am surprised that the dealer pick it up so well. The best thing to do in a situation like that is confess immediately, which they did. It makes all the difference. I am amazed that the only damage is the logo. Do you have elders installed?
Naa Just the stock pieces on the side with the tuning forks in the circle

Installed a Renthal ultra low handlebar with new ProTaper motocross grips to go with it.
My brother and I installed gold Renthal ultra low handlebars on the FZ as well. We are looking for bar ends to go with them. Any idea where to get bar ends for Renthal bars? 

Installed a Renthal ultra low handlebar with new ProTaper motocross grips to go with it.
7/8" bars?
Yeah, same 7/8" outer diameter.As mentioned, the inner diameter is smaller since the aluminum material requires the metal to be thicker.Non issue with me since I removed the bar weights a couple of weeks back. 

My brother and I installed gold Renthal ultra low handlebars on the FZ as well. We are looking for bar ends to go with them. Any idea where to get bar ends for Renthal bars? 
I tossed my bar weights, myself. If I were going to put some back on, I'd try using the type that has the old-fashioned expanding rubber fastener.

I tossed my bar weights, myself. If I were going to put some back on, I'd try using the type that has the old-fashioned expanding rubber fastener.

Without pics, it didn't happen! 

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

Wow!   This past Friday I ordered the Evotech radiator guard from Motostarz.  Here it is the following Monday and the screen arrived in the mail at noon and is installed.  That's really fast delivery.  I like the looks of the black screen.  It does a great job of hiding the silver aluminum.  Those silver plastic panels below the seat will be the next item to get the black treatment.

IMG_1913.jpg

• Like 3

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Premium Member

Got a bunch of stuff started finally. Some items are going to the powder coater, test fit the new handlebars, and ordered some more items :)

Also ordered my new leathers as well...can't wait!

- Paulie

• Premium Member

Finished my tail tidy, just gotta put everything back together. Waiting on my bar end mirrors to arrive.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

I didn't post about it because it was such a small thing, but I did remove the front fork reflectors Sunday. Bar end mirrors and LEDs arrive tomorrow. I should have the mirrors on right away; still planning my turn signal options.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

Finished installing my tail tidy and I am extremely happy with how it turned out. With all 4 turn signals, the led license plate lights and the metal to do it, it came in around $25, cant beat that. Now I just have to wait for my bar ends to come in.

8UCzjGg.jpg

X7FxWf5.jpg

I am so happy with how clean the undertail turned out, expected much worse. The pic makes everything look crooked for some reason.

4g44P68.jpg

• Like 1

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

It happened.Here is the Renthal Ultra Low handlebar without bar end weights and with dirt bike grips.The bend of the bar feels very good.

001_zps4e51a020.jpg

It happened.Here is the Renthal Ultra Low handlebar without bar end weights and with dirt bike grips.The bend of the bar feels very good. 
001_zps4e51a020.jpg

Time to remove that ugly warning sticker from the gas tank! Your bike will thank you!

• Global Moderator

I had the 600 mile service done. It seems to shift better, but they took the slack out of the throttle cable so I am sure that helped. I went to BBRP. I highly recommend them if you are in the Bellingham, WA area.

I added a tail bag from Cycle Guys and it fits pretty good. Will hold a nice amount of stuff and makes the bike more usable for me. I'll add some pics tomorrow. I also finally crossed the 600mi mark and will be doing my service in the next few days.

Bought new grips, installed Renthal ultra low bars and ordered some new bar ends. Had to put the stock mirrors back on until my bar ends come then I can put my bar end mirrors back on. Also don't mind the mismatching grips. I was testing out to see if I liked the color combo.

mrGUSy5.jpg

O0F6Elx.jpg

Cvrg3K4.jpg

• Like 2

Dont do it. That sticker keeps our planet in orbit around the sun.

Is there anyway to show a comparison of those bars compared to stock?
I will snap a photo of stock next to the ultra lows.