The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
[attachment id=1568" thumbnail="1] 
Went to a spring training game yesterday. 
Wow....
you really are a hipster
:P
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

impressive! maybe a little heavy on the white. I wouldn't have done the windshield or it's bracket or the inlet mouth.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

@btimothy4

That's the Rizoma screen right? Did you make a custom bracket for it or is it using the standard install points? Thanks, lookin' good

• Global Moderator

That looks fantastic, @btimothy4. I am glad I am not the one that has to keep those wheels clean though :)

The bike looks nice but there's one thing that irritates ... it's the belly pan. Why is it every time I've seen a belly pan lately no one has the center piece installed? Is there a good reason for that that I'm not aware of or did yours not come with one? Are those Denali lights?

Beemer

• Premium Member
The bike looks nice but there's one thing that irritates ... it's the belly pan. Why is it every time I've seen a belly pan lately no one has the center piece installed? Is there a good reason for that that I'm not aware of or did yours not come with one? Are those Denali lights?
The yamaha lower cowl doesnt have a centre piece. 
  • Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

The yamaha lower cowl doesnt have a centre piece. 
That explains that! Thanks! Mine came with one and seems to add strength & more protection for the pipes. I just assumed all belly pans would be the same. I guess I was wrong.

Beemer

Thanks everyone - correct the Yamaha belly pan doesn't come with a center section . It used to bug me at first but got used to it.
That is a Rizoma screen and just mounted at the standard install points. The mounts i built were to hold the driving lights

The lights I from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Ourbest-Offroad-Bicycle-Motorcycle-wrangler/dp/B00VL4H78W?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00&tag=vglnk-c2435-20

I used a handle bar switch and relay from Amazon as well

• Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ

This whole bike feels squirrely to me, coming from a CBR500R that handled really well, this bike seems like it jumps all over the place all the time (suspension at 7); 

Sounds like you have it set too high. These bikes are a pogo stick with onehellava wicked rebound if set too hard. Mine is set at 6 for roughly 200 lbs load.
I'm about 205 fully geared up. 3 from the factory/dealer was ridiculous. I would just sit on the bike and it would sag a couple inches. I still get about an inch of sag on 7.  

Sounds like you have it set too high. These bikes are a pogo stick with onehellava wicked rebound if set too hard. Mine is set at 6 for roughly 200 lbs load.
Mine was set at 5 and i was bottoming out the shock going over a bump 265lb load Bumped it up to 8 then 9 then 10
still occasionally bottoming out and have had the squirrely fwwling the whole time

I'm thinking about bumping mine up more, my 500R had a super stiff suspension and it wasn't adjustable. I felt really comfortable on that bike. Of course I did about 10,000 miles last season so that probably was why I felt so comfortable. I'm only around 250 on this bike.

The FZ07 is definitely different than what I thought it would be after reading all the reviews that said the bike handled fantastically. It's super responsive, but so far I don't think it handles fantastic. But my first two bikes were a CBR250R and a CBR500R, which actually handled pretty well. Only time will tell. 

• Premium Member

Washed it for the first time in a really long time and also cleaned the front sprocket area. Wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. Now I'm ready for Austin next week! Anyone else going to see the races?

I installed an Evotech tail tidy. I studied the directions and it looked easy enough and I'm sure that for my husband it would have been. It took me a while but when it comes to my bike, I want to be the one to take care of it. I don't feel this way at all about my car. I wasn't able to admire my work afterwards because the sun was setting as I was finishing up. :-[  Supposed to rain tomorrow >:D

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Took her for her maiden voyage in the Nissan Hardbody pick-up. The truck isn't done yet, but I had no choice. Had to get Yami home to do some work on her, and don't really feel comfortable riding on the street with race tires!

I borrowed a ramp and bike chock, and loaded her up by myself. Don't think I've ever been that nervous..ever.

Even more so when I tried to unload her, lol. It went without a hitch though. Time to buy my own ramp and chock so I can take her to the track next weekend on my own.

The thought of having her all taped up ready to go without having to rush in the morning for tech inspection makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :)

- Paulie

• Like 2

Guest ChicagoAJ

Just get a cheap trailer! I've seen some around here for about 700-900 with two channels for two bikes. It'd be way less stressful pulling it onto a 8" high trailer instead of up a ramp into a bed!

• Like 2

http://i.imgur.com/ihRKEX4.jpg
I'll be getting Dunlop Q3's put on tomorrow. I got on the fz to go for a ride after work and noticed I was having trouble rolling forward. Looking back I noticed a screw head dead top center of the rear tire. Autopsy revealed a 3 inch deck screw; no idea how I managed that one. Funnily enough I was just telling my buddy that I'd like to get new tires soon, but my battleaxe's only have 2k miles on them... be careful what you wish for!

• Like 1

Washed and waxed / cleaned and lubed chain... Ready to take her out tomorrow. Wife tells me it's gonna rain... ????

Hope the weather channel is playing an April fools joke! 77 and sunny today but 59 and shitty tomorrow? WTF!

0b0fb33f96ddde733daa1d96ee60f9ca.jpg

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
ab5cdc61f9bd649f36110815ff06e37a.jpg

trying some new signals for the front...
just need my bike back from the dealer to do so
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

trying some new signals for the front...
just need my bike back from the dealer to do so
Those look pretty nice.  What kind are they? 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
trying some new signals for the front... just need my bike back from the dealer to do so
Those look pretty nice.  What kind are they?
They are the stock rear signals from an R1

• Premium Member
Just get a cheap trailer! I've seen some around here for about 700-900 with two channels for two bikes. It'd be way less stressful pulling it onto a 8" high trailer instead of up a ramp into a bed!
I don't have anywhere to put a trailer.  I already have 6 vehicles and not enough space, lol.  I'm going for a certain look with the truck, and it has a factory roll pan that prevents a trailer hitch. It's lowered...to the point where it's as low as I can go and still have the bike in the back with a decent ride and no rubbing anywhere.  

Having said that, the ramp height is not all that high.  When I go from the ramp to the truck, I literally just step up on the tailgate, so it's not bad at all. 

Still, the first time I was sweating bullets, haha.

:)

- Paulie 
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator
I don't have anywhere to put a trailer.  I already have 6 vehicles and not enough space, lol.  I'm going for a certain look with the truck, and it has a factory roll pan that prevents a trailer hitch. It's lowered...to the point where it's as low as I can go and still have the bike in the back with a decent ride and no rubbing anywhere.   
Having said that, the ramp height is not all that high.  When I go from the ramp to the truck, I literally just step up on the tailgate, so it's not bad at all. 

Still, the first time I was sweating bullets, haha.

:)

- Paulie 
if its lowered i would recommend upgrading to a set of airbags if you can
just to prevent possible rubbing

• Premium Member

Stared at the bike... It looks tortured just hanging by the handle bar's via ratchet straps to the garage ceiling while patiently waiting for my forks to come back from being retrofitted...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
if its lowered i would recommend upgrading to a set of airbags if you can just to prevent possible rubbing

It doesn't rub anywhere...I made sure of it :)

- Paulie

Still waiting on my mirrors, frame sliders and front signals. Decided to dive into the Motodynamics integrated sequential tail light and tail tidy from creese1 on ebay. Took about 2 hours for everything. Took my time and enjoyed every minute of it[/img]

[/url]link

link

• Premium Member

Tail Bag:

7ohrV6k.jpg?1

Sticky Stompgrip Tank Pads:

yPs4TpI.jpg?1

• Like 3