The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Had some fun with black and red 3M tapes and got my helmet ready for night riding.  

That's well done, I will have to do something like that my self. 
  • Like 1

dentalprodigy
Installed my Sena 20S in my helmet. Took longer than I expected. Putting those cheek pads, red clips back in were a pia. Sonud volume & quality is mediocre. Hopefully intercom is better.  
http://imgur.com/a/OyWYF

Why aren't you using the wired mike?
No particular reason. I'll try the wired Mike next weekend. I quickly glanced at it and it looks like it sticks with Velcro. But the problem is that my helmet's mouth hard is hard plastic and doesn't have any padding for the Velcro to stick to. That was my logic. Let me know if there is another way to stick the wired Mike on a hard, surface (mouth guard region of hjc fg17)
  • Like 1

I have the 20s and use the boom mic. Just tuck the boom up under the chin bar of your helmet, it's flexible and stays in place.

• Like 1

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

• Global Moderator
Why aren't you using the wired mike?
No particular reason. I'll try the wired Mike next weekend. I quickly glanced at it and it looks like it sticks with Velcro. But the problem is that my helmet's mouth hard is hard plastic and doesn't have any padding for the Velcro to stick to. That was my logic. Let me know if there is another way to stick the wired Mike on a hard, surface (mouth guard region of hjc fg17)
on the CL 17 i had there were 2 strips of velcro along the chin bar of the helmet, the FG doesnt have those?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
on the CL 17 i had there were 2 strips of velcro along the chin bar of the helmet, the FG doesnt have those?
Regardless, a new 20s comes with a whole slew of different sized velcro pads that have adhesive on one side, so you can mount them anywhere.  And if the speakers don't sound all that great, use some of the velcro pads that came with the kit to move them closer to your ears -- and also don't listen at full volume.  They distort badly at full volume.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
Had some fun with black and red 3M tapes and got my helmet ready for night riding.  

That's well done, I will have to do something like that my self. 
Thanks! I found everything from here... http://www.hooptapecanada.com/ I also picked up a "Ronan" slicer from the Cdn place. A bit pricey but totally worth it. Highly recommend.

The other place that was reasonable from the US was... https://www.identi-tape.com/super-eng2.html

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

autoentropy

Today's agenda
- yoshimura full carbon exhaust
- OES sliders
- white reflective wheel tape
- battery tender and USB install
- fender eliminator
- motodynamics integrated tail
- a nice wash

Jesus I am going to be busy...

• Like 5

Today's agenda - yoshimura full carbon exhaust
- OES sliders
- white reflective wheel tape
- battery tender and USB install
- fender eliminator
- motodynamics integrated tail
- a nice wash

Jesus I am going to be busy...
Damn i want to have fun too!

Guest ChicagoAJ

Looks like your chain needs to be tightened. When I could visibly see that much sag I was over an inch out of spec with the manual, and that was when my bike had ~200 miles on it.

• Premium Member
oh yea... and I did something yesterday too, I swapped out a pair of old faded China made levers for a new set of Pazzo IFX Candy levers in Liguid Smoke. Even though the levers I replaced worked fine, the black anodization was turning reddish brown, and looked like crap (as has been referenced on this forum before). Oh well, live and learn... it was a cheap lesson, and I hope the Pazzo's have better anodization (which they claim to).
Like a left side mirror we've seen lately.  ;)
And I'm looking for another one to match it. :)

- Andy

• Premium Member
CRG Lane Splitter Mirrors and cleaned up the tail  :P 
12938093_10153974986256955_4467102733272378767_n.jpg?oh=f99bfc08b780d27ee9722f4f81a4bf55&oe=577AE52112472352_10153974986266955_3080438107140632999_n.jpg?oh=a48a6f863d86452e40a3c482a257b3b5&oe=577392EF
What brands are those two bad-ass looking rearmost apparatus? And the reamost piece; is it another tailbag mount? I need one and I'd even pick it up for looks alone. A very sharp almost minimalist looking bike.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

The rear most I am planning on using as a universal mount for different types of cases or bags as it looked the most versatile to me. It's by SW-Motech
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-alu-rack-luggage-rack-yamaha-fz-07-2015-2016

The rear seat cover is by Hepco and Becker and I used to have my tail bag on that one. I decided to go the minimalist route and was able to fit my tools and misc items under the cover and in the tiny little box under.
http://www.motomachines.com/Hepco-Becker-Sportrack--Yamaha-MT07-FZ07_p_4901.html

Thanks for the comment! I'm going for the minimalist look. :-P

• Like 1

Picked up the Wife some gear I hope she likes it. I have a helmet for her so all she needs is a jacket and her permit Oh I picked up some castle leather gloves for her on a tent sale for 15 bucks lol.

http://www.amazon.com/Oxford-Savannah-Leather-Waterproof-Motorcycle/dp/B00FRL6BCS?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
http://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-Womens-Savannah-II-Pants/dp/B00C70FV0K?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I hope the boots work out for her. I didn't get them but when I was shopping around I thought they were the best looking. 

• Premium Member

I hope the boots work out for her. I didn't get them but when I was shopping around I thought they were the best looking.
Yeah me too they are on the cheep end so if they don't work out long term its not a huge loss. 

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

You stole my idea! You were hiding in my basement laboratory!
  • Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member

You stole my idea! You were hiding in my basement laboratory!
Well what do you think I was doing in Florida this past Feb? I bumped your locks while you were sleeping and thumbed through your aptly labeled "Beemer's FZ Secrets Notebook" you keep stashed under your pillow. I read every last word. 
This simply sounds like we'll need to start an "Official Helmet Mods" thread and settle this like men.

• Like 2

pineappleunderthesea

Installed new mounting system for the phone. Another post in the forum led me to the Bruudt mounting ball, it mounts right behind the display and the end result is a nicely centered mount for the iPhone. I used a small RAM adaptor to connect the mount to my Xgrip. 

First pic shows the final install with the iPhone
Second pic shows the Bruudt mount with the short RAM adapter and the grip. You can see my old mounting ball to the right, I couldn't get the phone centered and angled the way I wanted when using that mounting position. 
Third pic shows the Bruudt mount installed. 

6E6E63DB-03E7-4842-8FD3-E85A49A4DDDE_zpsshefupk5.jpg2D9240CE-E97A-4780-A91E-AB2AC81F0A93_zps21k6fawj.jpg571ADA93-4F31-4FE4-A74E-A03A0AF41546_zpsnqsgexy0.jpg

• Like 8

• Premium Member
Yeah me too they are on the cheep end so if they don't work out long term its not a huge loss.
Hey jetgirl do think those are a bad choice with the heal or any other reason?? 

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Today I stripped my baby! That's right! I took off her old stickers and dressed her up with some new, shiny ones! 

[attachment id=1577" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1581" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1582" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1583" thumbnail="1]

She's cooing now, gotta take her for a ride!

• Like 4

Beemer

orangecrush

Took it for a final ride to the dealers to collect the motorcycling equivalent of Frankenstein's bride! 

Guess I better get my (turn)coat and head over to the XSR forum.

2016-04-02%2018.51.50.jpg

• Like 7

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Took it for a final ride to the dealers to collect the motorcycling equivalent of Frankenstein's bride!  
Guess I better get my (turn)coat and head over to the XSR forum.

2016-04-02%2018.51.50.jpg
Congrats! I wonder if those fuel tank covers will transfer onto our FZ...
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Probably not, unless you change the seat as well. Probably opens up a big can of worms. I'd be interested in the headlight though.

- Andy