The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

orangecrush
Did that come with a radiator guard?!  

....ABS, I'm jealous. Great looking bike!
@ChicagoAJ It came with the bike, it's an after market guard made by Smoto.

orangecrush
Took it for a final ride to the dealers to collect the motorcycling equivalent of Frankenstein's bride!  
Guess I better get my (turn)coat and head over to the XSR forum.

2016-04-02%2018.51.50.jpg
Congrats! I wonder if those fuel tank covers will transfer onto our FZ...
They would but it would be a hell of a lot of work and a big list of parts too! I'd imagine it would look really weird with the XSR tank panels and an FZ seat/tail unit (but I doubt they'd mate together)
The frame isn't the same either from the back of the tank to the rear end.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Congrats! I wonder if those fuel tank covers will transfer onto our FZ...
They would but it would be a hell of a lot of work and a big list of parts too! I'd imagine it would look really weird with the XSR tank panels and an FZ seat/tail unit (but I doubt they'd mate together)
The frame isn't the same either from the back of the tank to the rear end.
Yeah I've been looking at photos and the subframe is different. I was think XSR tank and have a custom one piece seat made by corbin... maybe then we can use real clip-ons...

SigSide.jpg

Took it for a final ride to the dealers to collect the motorcycling equivalent of Frankenstein's bride!  

Wait I'm confused. I thought the xsr had the same engine as an fz-09. It looks like fz-07 to me

• Premium Member

Wait I'm confused. I thought the xsr had the same engine as an fz-09. It looks like fz-07 to me
There's the XSR 700 (FZ-07/MT-07 engine) and the XSR 900 (FZ-09/MT-09). I assume Jeff got the 700, but he may correct me ;)

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Just wrapped one of my side covers in 3M carbon fiber 1080 stretch wrap. Turned out pretty decent the second time around, but it's painstaking work to keep the creases out of it. Hopefully I'll get to the other side tomorrow. http://i.imgur.com/feRxfa5.jpg
That is nice!

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
There's the XSR 700 (FZ-07/MT-07 engine) and the XSR 900 (FZ-09/MT-09). I assume Jeff got the 700, but he may correct me ;)
I don't have either. @Orangecrush bought a XSR700

• Like 2

SigSide.jpg

The XSR900 is the only model available in the U.S. The XSR700 wasn't brought to the states. 

• Premium Member
Just wrapped one of my side covers in 3M carbon fiber 1080 stretch wrap. Turned out pretty decent the second time around, but it's painstaking work to keep the creases out of it. Hopefully I'll get to the other side tomorrow. http://i.imgur.com/feRxfa5.jpg
That is nice!
i did the same thing long ago and took it off as the wrap started to pull in the areas i would squeeze the bike with my boots.. 
  • Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Installed Yoshi Carbon exhaust and went for a ride. This thing is LOUD but damn it sounds good! 

20160401_184637_zps8wiqhdnl.jpg
Looks nice! DB in? Can you make a short video of it so we can hear it? (going through the gears would be a plus)
  • Like 2

Beemer

• Global Moderator
How often does everyone tighten their chain?

I have only needed to tighten it once in over 5,000 miles. I check it frequently though.

pineappleunderthesea
That makes me feel better. I've got 1,300 on mine and have been paranoid lately about getting it tightened.
I got mine tightened during that first 500 mile service (or whatever it was), and currently around 1300 miles as well.  I checked the chain a few days ago and it slightly loose out of spec, not by much but maybe I'll get off my butt and go buy that 27 mm socket to loosen that axle bolt and look at the whole chain alignment while I'm at it, my last bike was shaft-drive so I've never fooled with a chain before, it'll be good practice.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
How often does everyone tighten their chain?
Wow reading those replies...I'm assuming the chain got adjusted at the 600 mile service but I didn't have to adjust it until 14k. Right now, I'm sitting at 15,5 and I think it needs to be tightened again. Could be the difference between shop vs me. At 14k it was my first time ever doing it. 
  • Like 1

Yeah me too they are on the cheep end so if they don't work out long term its not a huge loss.
Hey jetgirl do think those are a bad choice with the heal or any other reason??
I couldn't find enough reviews for them. The ones I did see said they weren't too waterproof. I liked the height of the heel but wondered if that type of sole (with separate heel) would feel comfortable on pegs. I don't think they're a bad choice considering the price. If she can't use them for her bike then she still has a badass pair of boots. 8-)  
  • Like 1

Installed Yoshi Carbon exhaust and went for a ride. This thing is LOUD but damn it sounds good! 

20160401_184637_zps8wiqhdnl.jpg
Looks nice! DB in? Can you make a short video of it so we can hear it? (going through the gears would be a plus)
I'll try to get a video soon, no DB killer, makes it sound like it has an exhaust like with it in so I left it out. It's loud enough that it'll hurt your ears standing behind it when you rev it, but it's tame enough if you're easy on the throttle, in my opinion at least.
  • Like 2

Installed new mounting system for the phone. Another post in the forum led me to the Bruudt mounting ball, it mounts right behind the display and the end result is a nicely centered mount for the iPhone. I used a small RAM adaptor to connect the mount to my Xgrip. 
Could you link me to this post? 
Also, does this mount interfere with getting to the key?

050DBB6B-7367-40C6-8C96-065A1A521ECD_zpszwomlnhq.jpg
5D7CF117-478A-4A84-B443-05C0C223C05E_zpszunsdzsz.jpg
Body was like nope lets just sleep, mind was like let's go for a ride! Me 3 auto immune disease 200. I win this one. California high way 1 south to half moon bay.

• Like 6

autoentropy
This is a great idea. Looks awesome.
  • Like 2

pineappleunderthesea
Installed new mounting system for the phone. Another post in the forum led me to the Bruudt mounting ball, it mounts right behind the display and the end result is a nicely centered mount for the iPhone. I used a small RAM adaptor to connect the mount to my Xgrip. 
Could you link me to this post? 
Also, does this mount interfere with getting to the key?
The mount does not interfere with the key. 
The link to the mount is HERE  (It's a German company)

The link to the original post on this forum is HERE, just scroll all the way down the first page to find the post.  The post does contain the link to the mount, but it links to the German language site.  I "conveniently" linked you to the English language version in my first link above!

The RAM adapter I got is model number BLK- RAM-B-201U-A (it's aluminum, there's a slightly cheaper one made of some sort of plastic composite)

• Like 1

@beemer - What color did you order for the windshield? , the satin blue? , or did you repainted it ?
That's the satin blue I got but no one else is allowed to have it. It's in the fine print ... "Beemer's screen." ;)  Are you going to put a blue one on your red bike? I think that darker, blood red would look best on yours. To each his own. Only you walk in your mukluks.

Beemer