The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

@beemer - What color did you order for the windshield? , the satin blue? , or did you repainted it ?
That's the satin blue I got but no one else is allowed to have it. It's in the fine print ... "Beemer's screen." ;)  Are you going to put a blue one on your red bike? I think that darker, blood red would look best on yours. To each his own. Only you walk in your mukluks.
I have an ermax in satin blue as well.... but its the shorter screen.  Lucky you.  I wanted to crush your soul, but alas you are saved. 
  • Like 2

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

First Oil change at 600mi. Cleaned and lubed up chain, didn't bother to adjust the chain since it was less than a tenth of an inch from the max recommended and I'm lazy. Went ahead and used Mobile 4t, although I used more than the recommended oil amount, to get to the upper region up the oil meter took nearly the entire 3 Qts, really hoping I didn't over fill. Not really sure if I need to inspect every single bolt etc. like recommended feel like chain lube and oil change is enough for now.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Got acquainted with good 'ol F Trip...

7884c54506b333da72cda0838490adf3.jpg

• Like 2

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
263.  Not bad. :) 

• Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
263.  Not bad. :) 

;)

• Like 1

SigSide.jpg

That is nice!

i did the same thing long ago and took it off as the wrap started to pull in the areas i would squeeze the bike with my boots..
Thanks for the heads up! I am considering spraying it with something like a clear coat to try and get an extra level of protection, but if it begins to peel I'm not too worried about it.

Went out solo riding in the crazy hot LA weather today. Amazing grip but just hot air flowing all over you! Not the best conditions when wearing leather gear and Sidi race boots lol.

I also plasti-dipped my side covers to match the white/black styling of the bike. Whoever was in charge of creative design at Yamaha and told them to put the silver side covers on needs to be demoted. The black finish truly ties the middle section of the bike together! Sadly I already scuffed them hours later due to rubbing on my boots while "quickly" going up the 101 freeway.  (:)):P

2mh7pkk.jpg

2dlp3zt.jpg

My Ermax sport screen came in the mail today, so I threw that on this morning. Works really well at higher speeds if you are 5'7" like me. Even at a half tuck it perfectly pushes the air over the top of my helmet where I feel no wind resistance over certain areas of my head. I had a Puig touring screen before and it pushed the wind right into my helmet area where my head would wobble around like a bobblehead doll hah. This new windscreen is definitely more suited to my height and posture as a rider.

1y055c.jpg

105rxjb.jpg

• Like 5

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
i did the same thing long ago and took it off as the wrap started to pull in the areas i would squeeze the bike with my boots..
Thanks for the heads up! I am considering spraying it with something like a clear coat to try and get an extra level of protection, but if it begins to peel I'm not too worried about it 

Look into carbonFbR.com... :)

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

-I replaced a set of blue bikevis bullets with a pair of whites.
-Snipped factory switches off the Denali micro harnesses and hooked them up to a dual PMR bar-switch.
-Tuned my replacement EJK. What a great little gadget! Really transforms this machine.

Fired it up, stood back and admired 8 months of handywork.

All thats left now is suspension. Ohlins rear and Forks-by-Matt.
Gotta say, now I feel a little empty inside....well, just going to have to buy my wife a FZ and work on that!  :D

• Like 4

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

That's the satin blue I got but no one else is allowed to have it. It's in the fine print ... "Beemer's screen." ;)  Are you going to put a blue one on your red bike? I think that darker, blood red would look best on yours. To each his own. Only you walk in your mukluks.
I have an ermax in satin blue as well.... but its the shorter screen.  Lucky you.  I wanted to crush your soul, but alas you are saved.
Ride closeth behind me my brother and I shall blocketh and ease all your earthly bug burdens. Haaaa, ha! 
  • Like 1

Beemer

Did my first oil change yesterday. Got everything prepped to adjust chain only to find out I am still in spec so I will check again in bout 500 miles.

Thanks for the heads up! I am considering spraying it with something like a clear coat to try and get an extra level of protection, but if it begins to peel I'm not too worried about it 

Look into carbonFbR.com... :)
I would love to go that route but it's so expensive... I need rearsets more!

Went out solo riding in the crazy hot LA weather today. Amazing grip but just hot air flowing all over you! Not the best conditions when wearing leather gear and Sidi race boots lol. 

I also plasti-dipped my side covers to match the white/black styling of the bike. Whoever was in charge of creative design at Yamaha and told them to put the silver side covers on needs to be demoted. The black finish truly ties the middle section of the bike together! Sadly I already scuffed them hours later due to rubbing on my boots while "quickly" going up the 101 freeway.

My plastidip lasted like, a week before it started peeling from my boots rubbing. Side panels and heel plates. Going to get them powder-coated probably haha.
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Today my bike got a real shock :) 
Nitron.jpg
Love the titanium finish
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

My plastidip lasted like, a week before it started peeling from my boots rubbing. Side panels and heel plates. Going to get them powder-coated probably haha.

Yeaaaa I'm thinking I may have to do the same lol. It def won't hold up with spirited riding in the long run. Now to find a powder coating place that won't try and charge me a high price.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Global Moderator

Yeaaaa I'm thinking I may have to do the same lol. It def won't hold up with spirited riding in the long run. Now to find a powder coating place that won't try and charge me a high price.
If you cant locate anyone, look into hydro dipping or cerakoting
They are usually around the same price if not a hit cheaper

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

@sorkyah So far only place near me for powder coating wanted $160 to do both side covers in black matte powder coating. Sound high? Or is that reasonable and I don't know what I'm talking about? Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Global Moderator
@sorkyah So far only place near me for powder coating wanted $160 to do both side covers in black matte powder coating. Sound high? Or is that reasonable and I don't know what I'm talking about? Lol 
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most places will charge a lot charge for a single color and depending on the color/finish could be rather high...
But youre correct in your thinking, that is pretty steep for 2 relatively small pieces
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator
-I replaced a set of blue bikevis bullets with a pair of whites. -Snipped factory switches off the Denali micro harnesses and hooked them up to a dual PMR bar-switch.
-Tuned my replacement EJK. What a great little gadget! Really transforms this machine.

Fired it up, stood back and admired 8 months of handywork.

All thats left now is suspension. Ohlins rear and Forks-by-Matt.
Gotta say, now I feel a little empty inside....well, just going to have to buy my wife a FZ and work on that!  :D

Forget the wife... buy me another one instead :P

@sorkyah A well rated hydro dip place is located about 45min away from me in Anaheim. I gotta see what they will charge to do dip both my covers, and hope it's reasonable compared to powder coating. Sucks that it's a farther drive too, but hopefully cheaper, cause the powder coating guys were just up the block from my pad haha

• Global Moderator
@sorkyah A well rated hydro dip place is located about 45min away from me in Anaheim. I gotta see what they will charge to do dip both my covers, and hope it's reasonable compared to powder coating. Sucks that it's a farther drive too, but hopefully cheaper, cause the powder coating guys were just up the block from my pad haha
Find out who their supplier is and all that... maybe you can get a pattern to match the air scoops?
Hydro dip for a set of 18" wheels for my car was around 400 for all 4 so they could probably do something like the sidecovers for 100 bucks
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
@beemer - What color did you order for the windshield? , the satin blue? , or did you repainted it ?

"Beemer's screen"....!!, now that is funny ;-)
"Who dares to imitate you shall vanish from this earth ".
It's all good, I was not trying to copy your bike, I was just trying to find out if you painted your screen or not, because it didn't look like the one in the website .

Re-Installed my newly flashed ecu by 2wheeldynoworks and went for 3 hour ride. it was supposed to only be 1/2 an hour but i couldn't stop. lol...it's a totally diffent feel. So Smooth!

• Like 2