The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Are the handle bars hard to replace?
Hardest part is removing the grips and redrilling the holes for your controls. You have to measure and mark where you want your controls and how you want them positioned. However you can use the masking tape trick. The trick is basically to wrap some tape around your bars and then press the controls onto the tape in the position you want them. The plastic will make an indent in the tape marking your drill points.

• Like 1

It happened.Here is the Renthal Ultra Low handlebar without bar end weights and with dirt bike grips.The bend of the bar feels very good. 
001_zps4e51a020.jpg
Nice I'm looking at the street fighter bars for mine

It happened.Here is the Renthal Ultra Low handlebar without bar end weights and with dirt bike grips.The bend of the bar feels very good. 
001_zps4e51a020.jpg
Time to remove that ugly warning sticker from the gas tank! Your bike will thank you!
Please make sure you consult the sticker thread before you do haha.  Wouldn't want any adverse riding conditions to come about due to the sticker removal.  :D

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Are the handle bars hard to replace?
Hardest part is removing the grips and redrilling the holes for your controls. You have to measure and mark where you want your controls and how you want them positioned. However you can use the masking tape trick. The trick is basically to wrap some tape around your bars and then press the controls onto the tape in the position you want them. The plastic will make an indent in the tape marking your drill points.
Neat trick!! If you have air, getting the grips off is not too hard.  

Neat trick!! If you have air, getting the grips off is not too hard.  
I have a big air compressor which I used for nailing hardwood. That took care of those pesky grips.

Got the bar-end mirrors on.  
hQxbvYpl.jpg

Looks great, but can we get a couple pics further back?  And how's the visibility compared to stock?
Yeah, maybe tomorrow. I rode home, put them on, and it started to sprinkle out so it hasn't left the garage since I put them on.  
  • Like 1

Installed my tail tidy from Ryan. All I got to say is, he had perfection in mind. I doubt there may be a better tail tidy. Also installed my shorty levers, and LEDs.

Installed my tail tidy from Ryan. All I got to say is, he had perfection in mind. I doubt there may be a better tail tidy. Also installed my shorty levers, and LEDs.

Thank you I'm not really much of a talker, I like to let my work speak for me.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

1. Installed my SECOND set of bar end mirrors. Much sturdier than the first that lasted half a ride.

2. Got rid of the drive-out tags for the real thing.

3. Put 90 miles on it riding around town and the county.

• Global Moderator
Hooked up my pit bull and realized the spool side doesn't work with the oes axle sliders.
Thant is pretty important info because lot's of folks have ordered those slider/spools.

Why didn't it fit? Wrong size or couldn't you reach them?  Can you adapt the paddock stand?