The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
Called the dealer to see if the sensor that was causing my "check engine light" (air intake pressure sensor) and throttle body sync was done seeing as it was there for a few days already. Dealer just updated me that the sensor is on back order and they don't know when it will be available. Wth. 
Edit: Dealer called back and said sensor will be avail in June, but that they are still searching to possible find one that will come sooner. This sucks. I want the same bike but a new one.
That sucks for sure! 
The dealer should pull a sensor off an unsold new one!  And have that bike wait to be sold until the new part comes in.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Called the dealer to see if the sensor that was causing my "check engine light" (air intake pressure sensor) and throttle body sync was done seeing as it was there for a few days already. Dealer just updated me that the sensor is on back order and they don't know when it will be available. Wth. 
Edit: Dealer called back and said sensor will be avail in June, but that they are still searching to possible find one that will come sooner. This sucks. I want the same bike but a new one.
That sucks for sure! 
The dealer should pull a sensor off an unsold new one!  And have that bike wait to be sold until the new part comes in.
What's that expression? When pigs fly?  
Find a dealer who would incapacitate a new bike like that for ya, well, pledge allegiance to him. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Finally adjusted the SSR pegs to my big sexy body. Feels good! c2175b7ed6ac55db6a9c29496415a02d.jpg

Modified my OEM bar ends to take bar end mirrors. Used the copper coupler route. 1/2 in diameter copper cut to .6in length for both sides. Touch up with sand paper. Works great! 261d11b370884b7851cb5402efd1bb6b.jpg

• Like 2

I got rid of the Yosh on mine. It was way too loud, even with the baffle. Back to stock for now. Akra ti on my short list. I just keep finding other things I should do first, such as.... Today: Dead battery, seller is replacing it. Also needing a new rear tire, it's a tad ▀. The LED headlight died (lowbeam). I had pinched a couple of its wires when I was in the bucket couple weeks ago working on the blinkers. Cut, solder, shrink, tape, keep it out of the way of the steering stop, good as new.
Yes!  100% Yes... 
I was even going to make a topic about it yesterday.

After living with the Yoshimura for over a year, I've began thinking about reverting to stock.  Even though I wear earplugs, and it isn't overwhelmingly loud for me with the earplugs on, I'm just getting tired of it.  I want to ride at night.  But I don't because I know how loud the pipe is for the neighbors.  Also the half a dozen times or more people almost hit me makes me realize the loud pipe does nothing as far as "loud pipes saves lives" goes.  At least not in this distracted driving age of ours.

The only thing that is making me so lazy to actually switch it back to OEM is the fact that I have to send the ECU back to 2WDW to have it reflashed for stock.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

That sucks for sure! 
Find a dealer who would incapacitate a new bike like that for ya, well, pledge allegiance to him. 

With only 800 miles, my bike is still considered a pretty new bike. I bought it less than 2 months ago. Lol.

I told the dealer it's beyond their control and I know they're doing what they can. Just hoping for the best so I can ride soon.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
ca1e33e4dffb63e962a2d327cb43d49c.jpg

And this just arrived in the mail!! Time to make an appointment with my local suspension guy! Thanks @pattonme !
  • Like 8

pineappleunderthesea
I got rid of the Yosh on mine. It was way too loud, even with the baffle. Back to stock for now. Akra ti on my short list. I just keep finding other things I should do first, such as.... Today: Dead battery, seller is replacing it. Also needing a new rear tire, it's a tad ▀. The LED headlight died (lowbeam). I had pinched a couple of its wires when I was in the bucket couple weeks ago working on the blinkers. Cut, solder, shrink, tape, keep it out of the way of the steering stop, good as new.
Yes!  100% Yes... 

After living with the Yoshimura for over a year, I've began thinking about reverting to stock.  Even though I wear earplugs, and it isn't overwhelmingly loud for me with the earplugs on, I'm just getting tired of it.  I want to ride at night.  But I don't because I know how loud the pipe is for the neighbors.  Also the half a dozen times or more people almost hit me makes me realize the loud pipe does nothing as far as "loud pipes saves lives" goes.  At least not in this distracted driving age of ours.

The only thing that is making me so lazy to actually switch it back to OEM is the fact that I have to send the ECU back to 2WDW to have it reflashed for stock.

It's a shame that 2WDW doesn't send you some sort of programmer box that has the tune built-in so that you can tune the bike yourself.  I had something like that for my Mazdaspeed 3, it would only work for one car (it would "swap" the stock tune with its enhanced tune, so if you tried to program another car it wouldn't work).  You could then easily swap the enhanced tune for the stock tune, and sell the unit if you wanted.  Makes it a lot easier to troubleshoot issues if you had to go back to stock, etc, as opposed to shipping ECUs across the country. 

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

2wdw gets it turned around so fast I don't think it's really a big deal. I sent mine in on Wednesday he flashed it Friday put it in the mail and I had it by Monday. Look for a week where it's going to rain and send it in. Obviously this only works if you have other bikes or cars to take to and from work.

• Global Moderator
Nice! What kind is it? 
Also, I love the "YAMAHA" that is on the tank of the MT-07's. Anyone know where I can get those decals. I saw a pic on google of an FZ-07 with exactly what I want. And the pic was from a member of this site, in this thread!
I bought a couple of yellow ones from my dealer for $3 each. I was going to put them on my bike but changed my mind. They are on my toolbox now. 

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Nice! What kind is it? 
Also, I love the "YAMAHA" that is on the tank of the MT-07's. Anyone know where I can get those decals. I saw a pic on google of an FZ-07 with exactly what I want. And the pic was from a member of this site, in this thread!
I ordered these from ebay:www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-BLACK-3-5-8-9cm-decals-stickers-raptor-yzf-r1-rz-r6-fz09-fz-09-fz6r-250-/271619018739?vxp=mtr&hash=item3f3dc14ff3 These stickers are not OEM Yamaha stickers, but these are well made and not too expensive. I believe the OEM Yamaha sticker on the MT-07 is around 4 inches long. I ordered the 3.5 inch and 5 inch black Yamaha stickers to see which looks best. I am going with the 3.5 inch stickers, but have not put them on my tank yet.
[attachment id=1628" thumbnail="1]   This is the 3.5 in sticker on tank (only black letters are left when actually applied). Sorry, pictures were ok at file source, but installed sideways here.
[attachment id=1629" thumbnail="1]This is the 5 in sticker on tank.

With only 800 miles, my bike is still considered a pretty new bike. I bought it less than 2 months ago. Lol.  
I told the dealer it's beyond their control and I know they're doing what they can. Just hoping for the best so I can ride soon

I paid for mine in full and then it sat there almost an entire month waiting for parts to replace what the dealer had damaged unpacking the bike. In that time, they sold 2 others. In the process, i lost month of warranty, a month of registration and they back dated the inspection sticker a full month from the date of sale (probably cause they ordered too many that month) so I only had 10 months valid inspection.  
 That dealer will never see me again. They lost a customer. Hopefully, they'll find you part sooner. Clearly, if stock is that low, they don't fail often.

Frankly I would just run the ECU as-is with the stock exhaust.
What would be the worst that can happen? 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

@Goob , I purchased my stickers 5 months ago and these were the closest I found, but I only searched for an hour. You may find more if you search some more. If you scroll down on the eBay page I have you link to, there is a place to click on for additional colors and sizes. It looks like they also have the 3.5 inch sticker in white.

However, since you like the Matte Silver's tank stickers, you can order these decals from a Yamaha dealer or one of the online Yamaha parts websites. I just listed 2 of them below:
www.yamahapartshouse.com
www.partsfish.com

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Yes!  100% Yes... 

The "loud exhaust saves lives" is only applicable to people who are lane splitting. If you're riding side by side a car or are just passing a car, coming up to a car, you're probably not going to be heard at highway speed. The FZ is not that loud at highway speed anyway.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

One change should be obvious, the other, maybe not so much (and it's not the folded footpeg)...
IMG_0406_zpskavcemnu.jpg

- Andy

• Premium Member

@jeckler Well the tire, that's easy -- the rest is impossible to determine unless you had a before pic. Stock muffler back on (but you already said that before). turn signal thingies? pigtail for the charger?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
phicurious86
@jeckler Well the tire, that's easy -- the rest is impossible to determine unless you had a before pic. Stock muffler back on (but you already said that before). turn signal thingies? pigtail for the charger?
My money is on the turn-signals under the rear vents/panels.

Also, am I the only one that finds the pilot road tires really ugly?

Guest 2wheeler

So I changed my oil today. I did my first change at 650 and put in dino oil Yamalube. This change is at 1500, and after much review, I ended up with Castrol ActEvo semi-synthetic 10-40.

One thing that surprised me was how cloudy the old oil was. It wasn't milky looking, but I was surprised how much was there for just 850 miles. I haven't been dealing with street bikes in a long time, so this is a little new for me. Maybe that's normal...

Regarding the Castrol, I only road it about 5 miles, but it seemed to accelerate noticeably better in 3rd and 4th, as in really better. I'm going on a good ride tomorrow so it will be interesting to see whether that was me getting high on fumes or a happy perk of going semi-synthetic.

• Global Moderator

One change should be obvious, the other, maybe not so much (and it's not the folded footpeg)...

rearview camera??
pr3 tire
flushmount signals

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

rearview camera?? 

Is that what that little doodad above the plate is? 

• Premium Member
One change should be obvious, the other, maybe not so much (and it's not the folded footpeg)... IMG_0406_zpskavcemnu.jpg

The red lights on the number plate or the turn signals under the seat on either side.....!!!

One change should be obvious, the other, maybe not so much (and it's not the folded footpeg)... IMG_0406_zpskavcemnu.jpg
New extention cord?
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
My money is on the turn-signals under the rear vents/panels.  
Also, am I the only one that finds the pilot road tires really ugly?

Pilot roads are ugly I went to pilot power 3's
  • Like 1