The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
One change should be obvious, the other, maybe not so much (and it's not the folded footpeg)... IMG_0406_zpskavcemnu.jpg

Oh I see it now, the two floor mats on the floor...!!????
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
@slow06er you coming to the ride tomorrow?

Ride..!!, I forgot to call in and sign, but maybe I could just show up in Vallejo and ride with you guys.
What do you think? , your buddy would say NO ..?

@slow06er you coming to the ride tomorrow?
Ride..!!, I forgot to call in and sign, but maybe I could just show up in Vallejo and ride with you guys. What do you think? , your buddy would say NO ..?

No worries! Come on down man!
  • Like 1

glockpointer

Put the mid-height v-stream windscreen, tourmaster saddlebags and yammy supports, fresh t6. Did even more to the Grom.

• Like 3

clearly he means there should be a lid on the trash can. anti-critter device, of course. probably a county ordinance violation.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

CF1836F6-CBCE-4290-BC43-D08AA4EE8778_zpsbsqcqqks.jpg
Ride stalking, wish I could ride tonight it's simply gorgeous out, but meds kicked in! Ride it on console will have to do!

• Premium Member

Well, I didn't realize my pic would turn into a 'Where's Waldo" type of game. But yes, the tire is new along with the turn signals in the pockets. I may try and smoke them to have them blend in a little more. Not a perfect fit either, being that they're meant for the front, and flat. But I can always replace the pockets if I want to go back or change to individual LED's.

• Like 1

- Andy

I like the look of that. The Akra sticker on the swing arm looks good. What are those two strips of tape for on the other pic in that link?

They're to reflect the alarm led, I mounted it to the side of the battery box, so you can't see it directly if it's flashing.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
@goob , I purchased my stickers 5 months ago and these were the closest I found, but I only searched for an hour. You may find more if you search some more. If you scroll down on the eBay page I have you link to, there is a place to click on for additional colors and sizes. It looks like they also have the 3.5 inch sticker in white. 
However, since you like the Matte Silver's tank stickers, you can order these decals from a Yamaha dealer or one of the online Yamaha parts websites. I just listed 2 of them below:
www.yamahapartshouse.com
www.partsfish.com
Man, I hate to keep bothering you, but I couldn't find anything about graphics or decals on those 2 links. Literally every nut and bolt is there but nothing about decals. Am I missing it? Thank you for sure for the links for I am sure I'll need something one day.
Here is a direct link to the page that list the decals (and other tank parts) for the 2016 Matte Silver. After clicking on the link listed below and while on this list of parts page, scroll down to ref# 60 and 61 these are the decals (listed as Graphic 1 and 2 on page):www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/55db251587a8660384734ded/fuel-tank-2 I think this decal is meant for the 2016 silver or light gray tank colors, because it appears to have a black section that may not show up well on your dark gray panels. 

• Like 1

R6 tube on. The left matching grips will have to go on another day because I just refuse to wait for glue to dry on a very nice riding weather day like we are having today. No freakin way.
e1ab36e748cfb30a7eb869a959dc952f.jpg45309600fbc859b5ca5cf29cb62258a2.jpg

• Like 2

Put some new Dunlop Q3s on this weekend and tried to scrub them in a bit. They feel fantastic so far, very planted and confidence-inspiring. I still have about a half an inch of rubber I haven't touched yet but hopefully I'll get out there soon :)

TzBTei7.jpg

Also washed and lubed. Isn't it pretty?? (say yes).

• Like 5

Put the mid-height v-stream windscreen, tourmaster saddlebags and yammy supports, fresh t6. Did even more to the Grom.
Let us know how you like the V-stream and Groms are awesome fun. I have a twisty road which is slightly downhill close by. The Hardley boys get a little upset when a Grom rides their arses. Great fun! 

• Premium Member
Put some new Dunlop Q3s on this weekend and tried to scrub them in a bit. They feel fantastic so far, very planted and confidence-inspiring. I still have about a half an inch of rubber I haven't touched yet but hopefully I'll get out there soon :) 
TzBTei7.jpg

Also washed and lubed. Isn't it pretty?? (say yes).
yes (almost tacked on "dear" purely out of reflex from being told what to do by women all my life LOL)
  • Like 3

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I took this photo after riding home in what seems like the first day of Summer. HASHTAG SummerIsComing!!!

4018277380c518e44aa19ebf6e412e99.jpg

• Like 4

SigSide.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ
I took this photo after riding home in what seems like the first day of Summer. HASHTAG SummerIsComing!!! 
91... It was 78 where I'm at today and my leather jacket was killing me, I was soaked after a couple hour ride. Had to order a mesh one when I got home. 
  • Like 2

If that is anything like my FZ, then the real air temp is 84!

• Like 2

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@duenan what's wrong with your FZ? Lol

SigSide.jpg

it seems to perpetually be off by 7 degrees.
  • Like 1

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
So our bikes temp read hotter than outside temp? Even in the cold?

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Yea, I've noticed that too.  It doesn't seem that far off on key-on, but it gathers heat from the engine pretty fast with engine running which throws it off. It only gets worse stopped in traffic. :(

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Yea, I've noticed that too.  It doesn't seem that far off on key-on, but it gathers heat from the engine pretty fast with engine running which throws it off. It only gets worse stopped in traffic. :(

I don't know, I'm barely stopped. So, when my temp says 52° F, it is actually in the 40s not including wind chill?

SigSide.jpg

When my bike was new, no problem with the air temperature readings. Then at maybe 1k, I noticed it was off and always showed hotter temps. I just got my EJK not too long ago and after the install it has been spot on again. It reset either when I disconnected the sensor to move the tank or when I disconnected the negative on the battery to connect the ground wire for the EJK.

This bike's dash and ecu share one air temp sensor that's somewhere under the tank. So if you sit still after the motor is hot and get no fresh air in, it will read well hotter than true ambient temp.

My Futura has a separate air temp sensor for the dash's readout that's located in the left side mirror stalk - even that one reads high while in traffic as heat from the motor gets to it - especially if the rad fans are running.

• Like 1