The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Isn't there something in the manual that says outside air temperature readings are only accurate when moving at least 10-15 mph? Can't remember exactly what it said now.  8-|
If that's the case, my temp was 93...

SigSide.jpg

What did I do to my FZ-07? I dropped it! Goddamnit.

I was turning off of a twisty road onto the shoulder to park it and rest for a minute. As I was pulling off the road, it went down a small dip and the bike started to fall into the turn. I went to put my foot down but the ground was further away than I was expecting. Down it went...

What really sucked is that it landed laying DOWN a small hill. It took me about 20 minutes to get the damn thing up. My arms are sore today from all the bullshet I went through to get it standing back up.

Foot peg on my Driven rearsets snapped. Right side mirror got all jacked up too; not sure if I'll replace it, we'll see if I can get it back on tonight. A few other scratches here and there.

Riding home with only one foot peg was interesting...

• Premium Member
phicurious86
I was turning off of a twisty road onto the shoulder to park it and rest for a minute. As I was pulling off the road, it went down a small dip and the bike started to fall into the turn. I went to put my foot down but the ground was further away than I was expecting. Down it went...

What really sucked is that it landed laying DOWN a small hill. It took me about 20 minutes to get the damn thing up. My arms are sore today from all the bullshet I went through to get it standing back up.

Foot peg on my Driven rearsets snapped. Right side mirror got all jacked up too; not sure if I'll replace it, we'll see if I can get it back on tonight. A few other scratches here and there.

Well you've gotten it out of the way now. Happens to everyone at times, regardless of experience and skill level. Scratches give a bike character and all that. 
 Glad you're no worse for the wear. I suspect driven sells just the pegs.

• Like 2

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

TJ those pegs are replaceable...unless you're trying to go Woodcraft...

SigSide.jpg

@phicurious86 @jeffkisthename Yeah, Driven sells replacement pegs for $55 with shipping and tax. I ordered it as soon as I got home last night. It's shipping from socal so hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.

• Like 3

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Drop our bikes, because of stupid stuff club

Members:

-@jeffkisthename
-@sorkyah
-@tylerjanebr

This club is always open to new members LOL.

• Like 7

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

It happens to us all. Mine was on a hill in the middle of an intersection and I almost couldn't lift it as its side was facing down the hill. Threw a the normal bike tipping over code so I couldn't start it and go. Sucks to hear that no one stopped and helped you lift it.

• Like 1

Members:

-@jeffkisthename
-@sorkyah
-@tylerjanebr

where is the pledge i must take for dis club. 
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
@phicurious86 @jeffkisthename Yeah, Driven sells replacement pegs for $55 with shipping and tax. I ordered it as soon as I got home last night. It's shipping from socal so hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.
A bit late now but for future ref, the Driven pegs are M-10 bolt so any "MFW" pegs I believe will be compatible.  "MFW" were the only M-10's I could source up.  
**edit** Sorry my mistake.... I was looking at these elbows which fit a M10 hole and I assume fit standard pegs....

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/footpeg-joint-for-m10-holes-pair-black

• Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Members:

-@jeffkisthename
-@sorkyah
-@tylerjanebr

where is the pledge i must take for dis club.
I will make a separate thread for this tonight. It'll be for our dumb moments or freak weird accidental moments.
  • Like 2

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Members:

-@jeffkisthename
-@sorkyah
-@tylerjanebr

I hereby exclude myself from this prestigious club.  (Knocks on wood) 
  • Like 5

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

It happens to us all. Mine was on a hill in the middle of an intersection and I almost couldn't lift it as its side was facing down the hill. Threw a the normal bike tipping over code so I couldn't start it and go. Sucks to hear that no one stopped and helped you lift it.
Actually, no one stopped to help because no one drove by. I was kind of thankful for that actually... More work for me, but less embarrassment :)  

A bit late now but for future ref, the Driven pegs are M-10 bolt so any "MFW" pegs I believe will be compatible.  "MFW" were the only M-10's I could source up.
Nice, thank you! Yeah, I was wondering about that. I looked up alternate footpegs but none of them looked compatible and I wasn't sure what to look for.  

• Global Moderator
Members:

-@jeffkisthename
-@sorkyah
-@tylerjanebr

Too true

@tylerjanebr
sorry to hear your fz is all dingy now :(

• Like 3

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Members:

-@jeffkisthename
-@sorkyah
-@tylerjanebr

I think you can add about half the people on here including me lol  
  • Like 4

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Members:

-@jeffkisthename
-@sorkyah
-@tylerjanebr

I think you can add about half the people on here including me lol i first dropped Scully trying to show off at a Motorcycle training course for newbs, but im the real newb  :(

• Like 1

Guest 2wheeler

Just curious, for you folks that have dropped your FZ-07, did you have frame sliders or wheel sliders on your bike, and how much did they help?

I haven't added them yet, but they are the next on the to-do list.

• Global Moderator
Just curious, for you folks that have dropped your FZ-07, did you have frame sliders or wheel sliders on your bike, and how much did they help? 

mine wasnt a drop per-say... more a low-side

only had frame sliders and bar-end sliders
frame slider didnt help too much because the peg and bar ends took the most damage
still kept the main portion of the bike off the ground though
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

That sucks Jane!  I've done that with my T-Bird, which was a lot heavier and more top heavy.  I rode home with out a gear-shifter one day.  Was only about a mile and it was stuck in 3rd ... that was fun too, NOT.

• Premium Member

Dropped it twice same day (newbie rider and I was totally intimidated by the bike when I first got it), no frame sliders, just scratched up the bar ends and broke the end of the clutch lever off but it was still rideable. Second time I dropped it, I broke one of the peg feelers off. No other damage besides those. I did get frame sliders afterwards but haven't dropped it since.

• Premium Member

I think they saved me from a bunch of damage I basically low sided going 20 mph and it saved the whole side of my bike. I bent my clutch lever but was able to make the 65 mile trip back home no problem. 
  • Like 1

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

Sorry to hear about your bike @tylerjanebr , but at least the damage wasn't too serious and more importantly you weren't injured :)

You'll be back in action in no time!

:)

- Paulie

• Like 2

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Fork sliders should work really well. I think the handle bars hit the ground before the frame sliders do. My bike has fallen over from wind and my clip on took all of the weight. The first time I went down, I was knocked over by a lane changer and my bike fell over. The damage was bent handle bar, scraped RH fork (where the slider would be), scraped front wheel, scraped side panel duct, scraped radiator cover and scraped waterpump cover.

SigSide.jpg

martyinaustin

put on the MC Motorparts mirror extenders last night...maybe not quite as gorgeous as stock but my gawd the improvement to my rear and side vision is so much better. easily the
best decision for me as to what to mod first. also, added some Vagabond frame sliders...easy and look cool. several more mods to come!!!

• Like 1