The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
Drop our bikes, because of stupid stuff club 
Members:

-@jeffkisthename
-@sorkyah
-@tylerjanebr

This club is always open to new members LOL.
Add my name.  I was working on my bike, jump on, stand up, needs adjustment, stand down, jump off, adjust something, jump on, stand up, needs adjustment, stand down, jump off, adjust something, jump on, stand up, needs adjustment, stand down, jump off, adjust something, jump on, stand up, needs adjustment, jump off...  
...uhhh, I forgot an important step in that sequence.  :)

woops.

Why can't left turners see us?

Guest 2wheeler

With all this wrecking and dropping bike talk, I finally got off my butt and just ordered some Shogun frame sliders and the MC Motorparts mirror extenders. The more I ride this bike, the more I'm covinced those mirrors are dangerous.

I've known about the MC Motorparts mirror extenders from ebay but I never saw them on a bike until a few minutes ago. They look fine, and after MartyinAustin's review, I decided to get them. Here's a link showing them on a bike:

http://www.mc-motoparts.com/accessories-parts/mirrors-riser-adaptor/mr-yma/

• Like 1

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Add my name.  I was working on my bike, jump on, stand up, needs adjustment, stand down, jump off, adjust something, jump on, stand up, needs adjustment, stand down, jump off, adjust something, jump on, stand up, needs adjustment, stand down, jump off, adjust something, jump on, stand up, needs adjustment, jump off...  

woops.

Exactly how I dropped my first bike, a Honda cb500f. I was fiddling around with the clutch cable at the clutch (because I was too much of a noob to realize it was way easier to make smaller adjustments up at the lever) and after maybe my 5th adjustment went to hop off with the stand still up. Timber!

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Strapped a new Kriega US-20 drypack to her ass
you know you're going to have to take some photos of this for the I Love You Kriega thread...

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Drop our bikes, because of stupid stuff club 
Members:

-@jeffkisthename
-@sorkyah
-@tylerjanebr

This club is always open to new members LOL.

woops.

I created the thread. to join the club you have to share your story there...LOL
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

My FZ07 changed owner today... to my wife.

She looks far cooler on it than I ever have.

bn10.jpg

• Like 9

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
My FZ07 changed owner today... to my wife. 
She looks far cooler on it than I ever have.

Nice! She does really suit that bike; you're a good man handing it over.  That'll be my wife very soon too, but not on my FZ, perhaps her own.  :D   Cant wait to see her on it! Yowza!

• Like 4

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

This moron truck driver wants to play cat and mouse game, I made sure I gave him a few words of my mind and the # 1 sign language ( but I had to cut it from the video for the sake of the forum).

https://vimeo.com/163641913

• Like 2

• Premium Member
That seems like you were going way too fast to be Lane splitting. Just saying.

@e30kawi - I will have to disagree on your opinion for that one.
I believe the law said: you could lane splitting for speed up to 50 mph & as long the traffic is within 15 mph different from your speed.
From the video it shows I didn't go above 50 mph, and the traffic on my left side (car pool lane) was going within 15 mph from my speed.
  • Like 1

That seems like you were going way too fast to be Lane splitting. Just saying.
@e30kawi - I will have to disagree on your opinion for that one. I believe the law said: you could lane splitting for speed up to 50 mph & as long the traffic is within 15 mph different from your speed.
From the video it shows I didn't go above 50 mph, and the traffic on my left side (car pool lane) was going within 15 mph from my speed.

I don't know the law too well over there, just looks crazy fast and tight. Wasn't saying you were breaking the law. I just thought traffic had to be going like 25 mph and when lane splitting you could go like 10 mph faster.

All I know is it looked quick, too quick for me to be doing, just because of jerks like that truck.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
@e30kawi - I will have to disagree on your opinion for that one. I believe the law said: you could lane splitting for speed up to 50 mph & as long the traffic is within 15 mph different from your speed.
I don't know the law too well over there, just looks crazy fast and tight. Wasn't saying you were breaking the law. I just thought traffic had to be going like 25 mph and when lane splitting you could go like 10 mph faster.

All I know is it looked quick, too quick for me to be doing, just because of jerks like that truck.
His speed wasn't that bad @e30kawi, but @slow06er you can't be too mad, you should know when there is an inch of maybe I can fit space, cagers are going to try. I always notice fast lane changers almost always commit and immediately after they change lanes, they move to the left to make room for you as in, "I saw you coming, I really wanted to changed lanes, so here is me compensating for my last minute decision."

That space is one of the most dangerous for us California riders. You have to rev your exhaust when coming up on spaces like that to let them know just how far you are, so they think twice about trying. In your case, at least he didn't commit.

SigSide.jpg

Lol I must not be clear, I'm not knocking him or what he was doing, just that I don't think I would be ripping through like that. That's just me, I don't trust people enough to stay in their space. That's probably due to me never having done it personally.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Lol I must not be clear, I'm not knocking him or what he was doing, just that I don't think I would be ripping through like that. That's just me, I don't trust people enough to stay in their space. That's probably due to me never having done it personally.
That's usually the case. People who have not lane split before usually feel that way. I wasn't saying you were knocking on him. I was just saying it's not that fast. Trust me, there are people who ride that speed when the cars are damn near at a stop. Now that's too fast...

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

No worries bro,
It's just here in California we have these bad drivers they wait for the bikers to pass them and they try to come in your lane intentionally to scare you.
I see them all the time on the highway, I just got to be extra vigilant when going around these morons drivers.
  • Like 3

Guest ChicagoAJ

More like what happened to me while on my FZ today.

I got chased and attacked by a ~80 pound pit bull and a little floofy dog that was maybe 5 pounds, haha. And by attacked I mean the pitbull came up to me after about a mile run through a 20mph neighborhood and jumped up on my leg looking to be pet. No idea where the dogs came from and they didn't have collars, idiot owners.

And I got pulled over bringing it to my 600 mile service. Doing about 75 in a 40. Unmarked cop car, normal state plates (not municipal ones), she didn't have a laptop or radar in the car. No siren, but had the full uniform, walkie talkie, and gun so I assume she was a real cop. I didn't pull over at first, was debating on swinging around and heading for the nearest police station but she let me go. I'm still really weirded out by that though, just a black Toyota Camry Hybrid... Doesn't seem very official, especially with no equipment in the car.

• Global Moderator
I got chased and attacked by a ~80 pound pit bull and a little floofy dog that was maybe 5 pounds, haha. And by attacked I mean the pitbull came up to me after about a mile run through a 20mph neighborhood and jumped up on my leg looking to be pet. No idea where the dogs came from and they didn't have collars, idiot owners.

And I got pulled over bringing it to my 600 mile service. Doing about 75 in a 40. Unmarked cop car, normal state plates (not municipal ones), she didn't have a laptop or radar in the car. No siren, but had the full uniform, walkie talkie, and gun so I assume she was a real cop. I didn't pull over at first, was debating on swinging around and heading for the nearest police station but she let me go. I'm still really weirded out by that though, just a black Toyota Camry Hybrid... Doesn't seem very official, especially with no equipment in the car.

I would call the police department non-emergency number to check. It might be legit, but if it is not they should be told about it. You might not want to admit why you were pulled over though ;)

pineappleunderthesea

I would call the police department non-emergency number to check. It might be legit, but if it is not they should be told about it. You might not want to admit why you were pulled over though ;)
Might be her personal car?  I have a hard time believing that taxpayers would be happy if police bought non-american cars...

• Premium Member

@chicagoaj -
Maybe that was a prank joke on you, and she actually an imposter cop (the female cop) and wanted to give you a lab dance or so ...!!!
If I were you...., I would have asked her that (the free lab dance.......), and see if she is welling to do it ...!!!!
Just a thought.... ;-)

Guest ChicagoAJ

I might just do that. Thanks for the idea.  
@pineappleunderthesea - I don't know why her personal car would have strobe lights. Seems weird to me. 

EDIT: Just got off the phone with the department, she was indeed a real officer. She's a detective apparently so she doesn't have all the normal patrol stuff. That gives me a little more piece of mind. 
  • Like 1

It's water under the bridge now but if it were me, for future reference, I would find out what your states laws are on cops (including detectives) in unmarked cars pulling people over. Some states require all police vehicles to be clearly marked in some way and other's don't but may have stipulations. Apparently it's a big issue since a number of people have been pulled over and killed by people impersonating cops, you've probably heard such stories.

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member

Finally got a new battery, after waiting almost a week for the PO to provide me with one. If he does come through (HA!), it'll end up here in the classifieds. Also installed a right side CRG Arrow, black (for now).

• Like 1

- Andy