The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Guest ChicagoAJ
It's water under the bridge now but if it were me, for future reference, I would find out what your states laws are on cops (including detectives) in unmarked cars pulling people over. Some states require all police vehicles to be clearly marked in some way and other's don't but may have stipulations. Apparently it's a big issue since a number of people have been pulled over and killed by people impersonating cops, you've probably heard such stories.
I actually didn't pull over at first since it just looked like she was flashing her brights at me. I continued along at my normal pace after accelerating hard from the light to get in front of the pack of cagers. But she tailed me close to I tried switching lanes and throwing my hands up in the in confusion as well as putting some massive distance between us to which to responded by closing the gap to very close again. I made it maybe 5-6 miles up road and split ahead to the front of a light where she actually got out of her car and I finally saw her in full uniform. 
I told her I'd pull over and said, you're lucky I stopped at all. All you have are alternating flashing headlights, how was I supposed to know you were a cop? I tried to get some pictures of her car but she got pretty angry and I got off with no ticket so I didn't want to press my luck any further. I told her a story I'll tell you guys now - back in 2004/2005 when I was in high school I had a really modified 2004 SVT Mustang Cobra, I'm talking about 600-700 wheel horsepower without nitrous, a real gem of a car. We would always go out cruising at night and one night a gold Honda Accord had one single red and blue strobe by the rear view mirror. Being a stupid kid I pulled over immediately even though I knew it wasn't a cop.

I quickly dialed 911 on my totally awesome Motorola Razr phone (which still works, but my father uses it) and when the cop got to the window I asked him why he pulled me over at this street and that street. He flashed me a badge that looked like it was from a cheap halloween costume and said he was going to go back to the car to call for backup. A few minutes later the real police arrived and arrested the guy. I got a few handshakes from the cops who arrested him. No idea if he did that to anyone else in the area, but I'm sure he was probably calling a buddy to come pick up my car to be "impounded." 

Anyway, I told the cop that story and she was kind of speechless. Probably how I got out of the ticket. But that's one of my many stories!
  • Like 1

Bought mine! Picking it up next week sometime, I just couldn't wait any longer for the Armor Grey...riding weather is here now!

2016 Raven, dealer to install all White plastics, Power Commander V and Akrapovic Carbon. So stoked!

• Like 8

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Guest ChicagoAJ
Bought mine! Picking it up next week sometime, I just couldn't wait any longer for the Armor Grey...riding weather is here now! 
2016 Raven, dealer to install all White plastics, Power Commander V and Akrapovic Carbon. So stoked!
Can I have your Raven plastics? :D
  • Like 1

I rode my FZ-07 for the first time - Picked it up from the dealership and rode to my work to park it for the night.

• Like 6

- Chad

Current:
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 in Red/Black

Past:
2009 Suzuki GSX-R600 Orange/Black
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600 Blue/White

Installed a Ripped Industries Gauge Relocation Bracket... Found them on the forum and his shop is like 10 minutes from my house! Picked up the bracket after work today, sprayed it with Mat Black paint and installed it! It flows perfect with the bike and it fits like a Glove!!! Hit him up on Facebook if you want one!

6cb6ee0d9782cc1a1ef7c16556714e01.jpg1c1ca109fdad1ef758c56077239ec90f.jpg4ab168f21f19a5608a527af3c5f2536e.jpg291ae2020ac6921062ecb6c6f26d07ad.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ

Too bad there isn't a way to route the wiring better, I like the look of where everything moves to, but the cables make it look very unfinished like you're missing something.

What's he charging for those, @zoomr81?

• Premium Member
Ive been looking at the CRG Arrows and am about to pull the trigger. But, is there a reason people get just one of them and not both? And what makes you decide which side to get?
Some people only like one. Mine already had one on the left side, that had faded, hence the black for now comment. Plus, since they cost almost $100 ea., that can throw some people off. Personally, I want to see both sides.
Finally, there is no left or right. They'll work on either side.
  • Like 1

- Andy

Can I have your Raven plastics? :D
I'm going to keep them, might do a custom paint scheme in the future since I have the black frame/wheels, the options are wide open. That was the only thing I was kinda of concerned about with the Armor Grey, the highlighter yellow wheels look great with the oem plastics but would be really hard to swap plastics with other colors or a custom color. 
Xeon

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Too bad there isn't a way to route the wiring better, I like the look of where everything moves to, but the cables make it look very unfinished like you're missing something.  

What's he charging for those, @zoomr81?

I agree I wish the wiring could be routed without cutting any plastic pieces.

As for the cost he gave me a deal on this one because it was cut a little off and it was laying around in his shop. You don't see it all that much because it's is where you mount the gauge and it's hidden really well. I think the more refined and finished ones are like $50 or $60? Not sure though? He has ones that you can mount a windscreen too and they look sick! But I opted to get this one because I don't like windscreens. Hit him up on FB search for Ripped Industries in Lewisville, TX.

Guest ChicagoAJ

What's he charging for those, @zoomr81 ?
I agree I wish the wiring could be routed without cutting any plastic pieces.  
As for the cost he gave me a deal on this one because it was cut a little off and it was laying around in his shop. You don't see it all that much because it's is where you mount the gauge and it's hidden really well. I think the more refined and finished ones are like $50 or $60? Not sure though? He has ones that you can mount a windscreen too and they look sick! But I opted to get this one because I don't like windscreens. Hit him up on FB search for Ripped Industries in Lewisville, TX.
Ahh, good to know he has some that work with windscreens. That would definitely hide the wiring with a solid colored screen. 
  • Like 1

pineappleunderthesea
Finally got a new battery, after waiting almost a week for the PO to provide me with one. If he does come through (HA!), it'll end up here in the classifieds. Also installed a right side CRG Arrow, black (for now).
Ive been looking at the CRG Arrows and am about to pull the trigger. But, is there a reason people get just one of them and not both? And what makes you decide which side to get?
I really like my CRG Arrows, it's amazing how well I can see behind me now. I got the Rhinomoto mirror bar ends to mount the mirrors, but did have a bit of throttle sticking due to the bar ends, so had to move the ignition assembly a few millimeters to the left, and everything worked fine after that.

• Premium Member

Another alternative, and hella cheap, is copper pipe coupling and the stock bar ends, like this. A slighter more expensive alternative are these. When I did mine, I did have to wrap the bar ends with two round of electrical tape for the Arrow to clamp on to.

• Like 1

- Andy

Cool story and extra cool car (loves me a Mustang) but the real reason she didn't ticket you is because stopping you was all she was allowed to do by law when she "SUSPECTED" you were going too fast. I say suspected because she didn't clock you for proof of your speed. Something she needs in a court of law to prove what she says is true. Sounds like a decent cop but it still made me laugh when you said you tried to take some pics of her car but she got pretty angry. (maybe she's not suppose to pull people over in an unmarked car???) That's so typical of cops when they're doing something they shouldn't be doing, they don't seem to like video much either, not that she was doing anything wrong (as far as we know).

Beemer

Guest ChicagoAJ
Cool story and extra cool car (loves me a Mustang) but the real reason she didn't ticket you is because stopping you was all she was allowed to do by law when she "SUSPECTED" you were going too fast. I say suspected because she didn't clock you for proof of your speed. Something she needs in a court of law to prove what she says is true. Sounds like a decent cop but it still made me laugh when you said you tried to take some pics of her car but she got pretty angry. (maybe she's not suppose to pull people over in an unmarked car???) That's so typical of cops when they're doing something they shouldn't be doing, they don't seem to like video much either, not that she was doing anything wrong (as far as we know).
Really wish I had my GoPro with me but I rarely ride with it. And I've had speeding tickets in the mustang where cops guesstimated my speed based on how fast they were going when they couldn't catch up. A judge actually said they're professional speed estimators. I asked for a continuance to get a lawyer because that sounded bogus and the cop didn't show up the second time so it was ultimately thrown out.  
Lost my license for 2 years because of that car, it was just too fast. When you can do 0-60 in a second or 2, it's not long before you're doing 200+ let me tell you, lol. Learned a lot of lessons in that car. 
  • Like 1

ChicagoAJ

I've read about how cops can take a course to judge speed but according to the article I read the accuracy of it depends on the cop using it (a good lawyer can make the cop using the method appear inaccurate) so cops are still highly dependent on radar to win a case and about what that judge said, not all cops take the course. They say crap like that in hopes you'll give in, take your licks and give the courts your money. If it were so accurate the cop would've showed up and you would've paid through the nose. Good to see you walked!

• Like 1

Beemer

Installed the "comfort seat." Got it on FleaBay for $218. I've ridden all of 4 miles on it, so not sure if it is actually more comfortable than stock or not.

In those 4 miles, however; I did notice the cover material is much nicer than stock. It has a slight grip to it, so I don't slide forward/backward in the seat when I brake/accelerate.

741adae65b72fde56be9bc4be3070492.jpg

• Like 8

Installed the "comfort seat." Got it on FleaBay for $218. I've ridden all of 4 miles on it, so not sure if it is actually more comfortable than stock or not.  
In those 4 miles, however; I did notice the cover material is much nicer than stock. It has a slight grip to it, so I don't slide forward/backward in the seat when I brake/accelerate.

741adae65b72fde56be9bc4be3070492.jpg

Nice! With the seat pans and just bolt on or just covers and foam to be installed on the stock pans? Did it get rid of the forward slope?
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I have the Yamaha comfort seats.. they are complete seats...just unbolt old one and 're bolt new... Comfort is much better than stock... Still has same shape as stock but made with much better foam and materials...old seat I could do about 90mins before I got hot spots... Comfort seat... All day ride but no hot spots...just a lil tenderness after a straight 3.5hr ride... Will see how it feels after I put my new suspension on next week...

Small edit: I do not mind the fact the seat naturaly puts my body up against the gas tank... Makes me feel connected to the bike due to a dirt bike background...

• Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Added red mesh covers to the front intake vents and rear slits. Also did the R6 tube swap and love the new feel! A world of difference when it comes to blasting around the city quickly. Have yet to try it in the canyons.

• Like 5

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Got a few goodies. Hepco and Becker Lock-it Tank Ring on order to pair with my Street Touring M tank bag I picked up from our supporting vendor, @motomachines yesterday. Ordered a Shoei GT-Air Dauntless from Revzilla.

• Like 3

This moron truck driver wants to play cat and mouse game, I made sure I gave him a few words of my mind and the # 1 sign language ( but I had to cut it from the video for the sake of the forum). 
https://vimeo.com/163641913
I saw the shadow of your #1 sign language and was so horrified, appalled and offended that I have to take therapy for the rest of my life. You will be receiving a bill in the mail soon.
  • Like 2

Beemer