The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Rode about 100 miles with my riding friend on her Guzzi.

• Like 2

Illegitimi non carborundum

I use pitbull with OES sliders just fine. Did you try adjusting the width? They are adjustable.

Maybe if I flip the cradle around 180?
The bolt I got that tightens the cradle/fork to the carriage sticks out and pushes against the axle slider before the slider spool can seat in the fork.

Took a spirited ride ... passed 1k miles revved up to 9k to and shifted .. hold on tights captain .. warp factor 5. The clip on my laceless motorcycle boot broke so not happy about that! Will contact my vendor ... I think they will take them back. (motorcycle superstore)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

So I guess the motorcycle superstore laceless boots are not made to withstand warp 5? Good to know.  8-)

So I guess the motorcycle superstore laceless boots are not made to withstand warp 5? Good to know.  8-)
Yeah, it happened while riding, maybe my foot swelled up from the massive g-forces.  Looking for an alternative boot before I contact them.   The FZ can be a speed monster.  Don't think I need anything faster! 

Changed the head light bulb for a better one and replaced the auxiliary light bulb with a LED.
Hi Guru, 
Is the stock head light no good at night then? Which replacement did you go for? I will be traveling home form work quite late, the light that was on the 125 i had was horrendous, would of been better of using a candle

• Global Moderator

@biker2014, the head light is okay if you adjust it

But I decided to go for Bi-Xenon HID. The write up is here. It is a simple and cheap upgrade. Not that I ride much at night, but it makes me more visible for other cars. I went for 6000k, which has a white/blueish tone.

• Premium Member

Started out the day yesterday with 500 miles on it, and wanted to hit 600. Ended up at 865 by the end of the day!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Which model and how does she like it? Considered a V7 stone but.. well, you know.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Which model and how does she like it? Considered a V7 stone but.. well, you know.
I'm pretty sure it's  the V7 stone. It's a 2010 and she absolutely loves it!
  • Like 1

Saw your post on Thursday and ordered the Vagabond kit.  Nicely packaged and promptly delivered in today's mail.  Since I do love pics, I'll post them when I get around to the install. :) 
IMG_1955.jpg

• Like 1

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Premium Member

Changed the oil, otherwise riding just about every day.

Might finish installing the denali soundbomb this weekend. Don't have all the tools I need to make a bracket, they're stuffed in storage. :(

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Just picked up a battery tender tonight and will install the leads this weekend as my first official modification. Thank you to those who posted comments earlier about that one being essential - I would have completely overlooked it! 

I am concerned though that my list of future mods may grow faster than anticipated... example - just saw the earlier reference to the Denali SoundBomb (thanks hobbs). Had to search for a YouTube

, as I had no idea what it was. Yeah, that is DEFINITELY on the list now! I am still laughing like an idiot thinking about getting to use that for the first time.  
Windscreen, frame sliders, side bags... oh, and I may be trying several Plasti Dip colors if it works as easily as it claims (or maybe vinyl wrap kits - any advice regarding which is easier is appreciated). I have the white FZ-07, so frame and wheels should be color friendly for nearly anything. Love the stock pearl white, but the idea of changing colors at will sounds way too cool.

Seems I may have found my hobby for this winter! Will post here if anything I do turns out well (colossal failures will not be shown!).

• Like 1

Installed 2006 YZFR6 throttle tube. Throttle opens with much less twist.
Not for the faint of heart. :)
This is the one mod I am most excited about. Even more than exhaust.

I am concerned though that my list of future mods may grow faster than anticipated... example - just saw the earlier reference to the Denali SoundBomb (thanks hobbs). Had to search for a YouTube
, as I had no idea what it was. Yeah, that is DEFINITELY on the list now! I am still laughing like an idiot thinking about getting to use that for the first time.  

This is the first I've heard of this, and it is freaking ridiculous. I was cracking up. This mod is now imminent.  
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Might finish installing the denali soundbomb this weekend. Don't have all the tools I need to make a bracket, they're stuffed in storage. :(
I hope when you complete this you'll post a how-to with pics. I am so intrigued by this horn and I want one!  
  • Like 1