The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Can I have your Raven plastics? :D
I'm going to keep them, might do a custom paint scheme in the future since I have the black frame/wheels, the options are wide open. That was the only thing I was kinda of concerned about with the Armor Grey, the highlighter yellow wheels look great with the oem plastics but would be really hard to swap plastics with other colors or a custom color. 
Xeon
how much were the plastics when you ordered them? For the set

My dealer quoted me $294 for everything and then discounted it down to $198 since I was buying the bike and a bunch of accessories. I assume that it will cost you <$300 depending on your relationship with said dealer. Still at $300, I find it at the very least a reasonable price to change the bike color. 

Xeon 

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

I ordered an Evotech Performance tail tidy. Then I whipped out the heat gun and removed the dealer's vinyl calling card and the warning label from my plastics. Still not sure what to do with the color of my FZ... I don't necessarily hate the red... But it's lacking something for sure.

• Like 1

- Chad

Current:
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 in Red/Black

Past:
2009 Suzuki GSX-R600 Orange/Black
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600 Blue/White

• Premium Member
My dealer quoted me $294 for everything and then discounted it down to $198 since I was buying the bike and a bunch of accessories. I assume that it will cost you <$300 depending on your relationship with said dealer. Still at $300, I find it at the very least a reasonable price to change the bike color. 

Xeon 
Did that include all 5 pieces, included the front fender wings?

- Andy

Xeon 
Did that include all 5 pieces, included the front fender wings?
Yes, everything necessary to convert the Raven to White for that price.
  • Like 1

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Just crossed over 3100 miles. I've had my bike since late November and have been riding to work on it nearly every day, except for a couple of weeks in late December while I was recovering from surgery.

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
Installed a Denali mini horn (sucker is loud!), R6 throttle tube, Driven racing grips, and took the ECU out and shipped it off to 2WDW for a flashin'
Thought you were done with the mods Stacy?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Installed a Denali mini horn (sucker is loud!), R6 throttle tube, Driven racing grips, and took the ECU out and shipped it off to 2WDW for a flashin'
I was forced to blast my Stebel Nautilus at a dum dum (being very PC here) and the entire van load jumped in their seats, boy did it feel good! Everyone within earshot turns and looks when blasting these. Hee hee. Enjoy!   
  • Like 3

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
Thought you were done with the mods Stacy?
It's a sickness, I know.
  • Like 3

[div]Cleaned the chain. Decided to check the front sprocket too. It looked pretty good but so much gunk on that little chain guard. Actually a lot of gunk everywhere in that area that you normally don't see because it's covered by that plastic piece. Not going to but I almost want to strip it down to get it really clean. [/div]

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Okay, you pushed me over the edge.  8D   I just ordered a new R6 throttle tube.  I had recently ordered some new grips (haven't arrived yet), so I thought it would be a great time for me to do the mod (after reading your post).  

• Like 3

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Had a busy day today:

First was oil & filter:
MlA55cH.jpg

Got me a tail bag:
QF3GB51.jpg

Prep for season:
BknRXeT.jpg

LED modification:
KF6VfxU.jpg

Front axle sliders:
k9fShd7.jpg
LiYfcqv.jpg
TepVZYC.jpg

Very good day :D , now I have to look for rear axle sliders that match.

• Like 6

• Premium Member
Okay, you pushed me over the edge.  8D   I just ordered a new R6 throttle tube.  I had recently ordered some new grips (haven't arrived yet), so I thought it would be a great time for me to do the mod (after reading your post).  

I've had the grips and tube for a year but for some reason didn't ever install them.  Piece of cake.  Only problem was removing old grips.  WD-40 trick and air compressor trick didn't work, so I just cut them off.

603nytroxtx
Shipped my ECU out yesterday too! Can't wait to get it back from @2wheeldynoworks :) 
  • Like 1

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Works Finish
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*GearBrake Flashing Smart Brake Light
*Creese Tail Tidy with LED
*TST Industries Flushmount front LED
*Motionpro R6 throttle tube
*Yamaha Fly Screen
*X-Grip with Bruudt mount

Guest ChicagoAJ
[div]Cleaned the chain. Decided to check the front sprocket too. It looked pretty good but so much gunk on that little chain guard. Actually a lot of gunk everywhere in that area that you normally don't see because it's covered by that plastic piece. Not going to but I almost want to strip it down to get it really clean. [/div]
Maybe once a season, haha. I feel the same way, I should clean it, but I really don't want to. 

My horn just got delivered today.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
My horn just got delivered today.
2 minute install, tops
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minute install, tops
Wire harness?
Oh haha I just assumed you got the same one I did, which is just a drop in replacement for the stocker
  • Like 1

Wire harness?
Oh haha I just assumed you got the same one I did, which is just a drop in replacement for the stocker
Oh didn't see the "mini"... Its so small, easy to miss. ☺ either way, shouldn't take too long. I got the bigger one.

Maybe once a season, haha. I feel the same way, I should clean it, but I really don't want to. 
Yeah, I did clean the chain guard and I removed some of the stuff. I reasoned that my car has icky stuff under the hood and I don't think about it.