The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

I just ordered some Dunlop Sportmax Q3s from Sportbike Track Gear, because it was the last day (well, actually tomorrow) to get a $40 rebate from Dunlop. I really don't need tires quite yet, but wanted to try something a little sportier next, and with the rebate, I figured it was worth it, even if they sit in the closet for a while.

Why can't left turners see us?

When you just worked a double but you can't leave shyt alone.... Smh.

Installed my Denali horn.

c2dd6117e4e2f4ca3b0f9cf2d482d7f5.jpgfb04909bb5dab2383a8359d15a899010.jpgbfe32633181bb2ed9a9d495fb250c102.jpg54929f323413833b2be8ab0f376bd2a5.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member

c2dd6117e4e2f4ca3b0f9cf2d482d7f5.jpgfb04909bb5dab2383a8359d15a899010.jpgbfe32633181bb2ed9a9d495fb250c102.jpg54929f323413833b2be8ab0f376bd2a5.jpg

@caliesv - how did you install that horn compressor on top of the motor ? , did you bolt it or zip tied it ?

@caliesv - how did you install that horn compressor on top of the motor ? , did you bolt it or zip tied it ?
Of you reach up under that area, you will be surprised how much room is there. I took a small plug out of some kind of tray, brace thing end used that hole with the supplied bolt and a washer

• Like 1

Saw that someone used top mounted clip ons. He had to lower the front. Might be a nice option for clip ons. What do you all think?

d5cdbfe08a4d29eceb9eb5b2428cc376.jpg

• Like 3

Guest 2wheeler

So last weekend I installed the R6 throttle tube (not the Motion Pro). Today, I further adjusted the position of the throttle as in tightening the throttle assembly so it is as far forward toward the front brake lever as reasonibly possible with causing any undue kinking/stress on the throttle cables. Seems about perfect now.

I gotta say, I can't believe how much the R6 tube has changed the personality of the bike. It is a LOT more fun as hits sooner and harder than the original throttle tube. It is also totally modulatable (not sure if that is a word, but it works). It is not as forgiving as the original tube though. There is something to be said for giving it gas with purpose. I am also finding myself upshifting more to keep the revs down when I don't want the bike revving as high.

From what I have read on this forum, the R6 tube has a bigger cam than the Motion Pro so needs less rotation. I was originally going to go with the Motion Pro as a way to ease into it, but laziness ultimately won out. I didn't feel like screwing with changing the grip. FWIW, the R6 grip in real life looks a lot like the FZ grip. I'll change it eventually but it's not so mismatched that I feel an immediate need.

• Like 2

New Quick Shifter: 
https://goo.gl/photos/wWNbaYjxFAJiGc4D8

Clutchless upshifting is cool!
I like that. Do you shift down when you want to go up a gear, like MotoGP bikes?
No, it just replaces the shift rod with a sensor that cuts spark for 1/20th of a second when pressed or pulled so you don't need the clutch to change gears. It's configurable so if you change your shifter to be like MotoGP it still will work. 
  • Like 1

randy2100
New Quick Shifter: 
https://goo.gl/photos/wWNbaYjxFAJiGc4D8

Clutchless upshifting is cool!
What brand quickshifter is that? How much was it? Do you have a slipper as well?
It was under 300 shipped. Annitori QS Pro.  I don't race the bike so no need for a slipper clutch.  Here's a review thread that I found helpful. 
http://fz07.org/thread/5210/annitori-2016-install-test-review

• Like 1

What exactly is a slipper clutch? What does it do?

A slipper clutch keeps you from skidding or locking up the rear tire if you down shift to a lower gear and don't rev match.
  • Like 2

What exactly is a slipper clutch? What does it do? 
In general a slipper clutch makes shifts smoother and counteracts the need to use the clutch when shifting. This can be achieved just by rev matching, but slipper clutches are more easily operated and more reliably smooth. This in concert with a quick shifter essentially turns your shifter into a paddle shifter and you aren't required to blip or roll off the throttle to get a smooth shift. 
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Nice man! You got back on the horse and slayed that dragon (you avoided the shitty tarmac too). That definitely qualifies as a nasty stretch in my booklet. Well done!

• Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

Washed my bike today. Cleaned the chain as well as the front & rear sprocket.

Wanted to adjust the chain tension, but chickened out.

• Like 2

I am prepared to do that.  Finally got some kerosene 7 AM this morning, to clean the chain with.  Got lucky and found the one guy in Home Depot that knew where kerosene was.  Apparently it's off the shelf because it's seasonal.

I have a horn (Sick-Speed) I want to install.  Bought a metal "band" so I can fab a bracket.

I have a magnetic oil plug, ready for my next oil change.

I have a USB charger I want to run to the front of my bike (have Ram mount installed).

Washed my bike today. Cleaned the chain as well as the front & rear sprocket. 
Wanted to adjust the chain tension, but chickened out.

• Like 1

sirlightyear
Saw that someone used top mounted clip ons. He had to lower the front. Might be a nice option for clip ons. What do you all think? 
d5cdbfe08a4d29eceb9eb5b2428cc376.jpg
I was thinking of doing exactly the same. Is there a way to provide more pictures? Also how is it with cables?
That huge display with the whole looks hideous though :/

Sir LightYear

Finally got around splicing into the brake light harness and hooked up the rear LighTech integrated turn signals. Very happy with the way it turned out. Cagers should see me better.https://vimeo.com/164942775https://vimeo.com/164942817https://vimeo.com/164942858

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Got replacement tires for stock. The new tires are Pirelli Angel GT and added additionally the Gilles Tooling Billet chain adjusters with spools in black. 8-) Will provide a ride report with the new tires once I have a few miles on them.

Update with ride report: Ok, I got finally around to put enough miles on the new tires to write a short report. Riding conditions were between 60 and 85 degrees and I used them in the twisties and on the freeway for a few hundred miles by now.
The Pirelli's Angel GT feel totally planted in the curves and on the freeway, different temperatures didn't really make a difference, the tires simply felt great. It feels like the tires are glued to the road and give me a great feeling of security on the road. I'm totally convinced that the Pirelli Angel GT are probably the best all-round tires you can buy for our bike. :D

• Like 1

Love to ride!

• Premium Member

I put it in the video I'm making, LoL!

b84mXeUl.jpg

:)

- Paulie

• Like 3

• Premium Member
norcal616

Got a chance to test the new suspension out... 90% improvement over OEM after 1 ride...I went with the Matris rear shock and pattonme retrofitted forks... Haven't not checked sag but will this weekend... The front forks I set the forks sticking 6mm out from bottom of fork cap to top of tree clamp... Took it for a 20min ride to the store hitting every manhole cover and RR crossing so I could to get an excellent feeling of how the suspension reacted to square bumps( my biggest gripe about OEM was very sharp jolt/buck on square bumps) the new combo felt planted, never wanted to buck the bike, the feeling was a nice soild planted comfortable thud feeling...

for a quick comparison i think of the OEM as a reg base ball mitt and the new suspension combo as a catchers mitt... Which mitt would you choose to use as a catcher for a pitching session??

As the roads get cleaner from the rains washing the dirt away I will start pushing the suspension in the curves...I also did not have much of a problem with front fork diving on decel after the ECU reflash...

• Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Went out to the garage this morning and discovered one of the welds on my tail tidy failed. Left turn signal was dangling in the breeze.   >:(

If hubs can't get it welded I think I'll get a Yoshi for it.

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum