The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Glad to hear you'e alright, Jake. You did the right thing and got back on the horse (the other horse anyway) and rode again. Sucks about the gear. I take it you don't have a video of that or do you not use a GoPro when you ride? I forget if you've said you have one.

• Like 1

Beemer

• Premium Member
Got a question. I'm still using the stock air filter. Do I need to clean it? The pollen has been rough this spring and I was wondering if I have to take the filter out and clean it.
Its my understanding the stock filters are meant to be disposable. If you want reuseable try a K&N that you wash, dry and re-oil.  Perhaps even the DNA filters are reusable? though Im not sure on those.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
For some strange reason I decided to make a list of all the upgrades I have done so far, and total them up. Oof! I think I'm in for around $11K total all told (bike included). Word to the wise: just don't keep track of what you've spent. :) 
(also: it's good to be single and make good money)
Ah yes the ol' tally, I know it very well, its fun to do sometimes. I shake my head but I'm still smiling; Im not even going to mention my tally. Strangely my cheap Scottish blood didnt get all fussy and I have no buyers remorse on anything. See how easy it is to get carried away? IMO why stop there when there's so many sad and lonely parts looking for a good home on your bike? They're patiently waiting, eager to please and add extra swank to your uber cool ride.

Venture forth I say, spend and enjoy! ;)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
Got a question. I'm still using the stock air filter. Do I need to clean it? The pollen has been rough this spring and I was wondering if I have to take the filter out and clean it.
Its my understanding the stock filters are meant to be disposable. If you want reuseable try a K&N that you wash, dry and re-oil.  Perhaps even the DNA filters are reusable? though Im not sure on those.

yes the DNA filter is re-useable.  "wash with warm soapy water and lightly spritz with oil after dry." 
translated quote from[span]    [/span]the greek instruction manual
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I just bought, the yoshimura fender delete, new signals for the front, new bar ends/mirrors, the integrated tail light, and cyclops LED headlight. Now I just have to wait for it all haha.

• Like 2

Lighting upgrade day!

Watsen Design Front and Rear Turn Signals: 38da58ccddbb377121d89482286a7ddc.jpg
These things are quality!

and Osram Night Racer 110 H4 bulbs with free W5Ws: e4d4c79b1bf7d9cb851e330b242e09ef.jpg

• Like 2

dentalprodigy
I crashed last Friday with a few of my buds. I slowed my friend down to warn him of a tight corner and as I went around looked back and noticed he was in the other lane almost off the road ( he didn't) I panicked and the bike went into a ditch and I rolled several times down the road. I'm guessing I was going 30 to 40 mph at the time. I was a little banged up a little road rash on my elbow ( the jacket slid up my arm) total loss
Fly Jacket 100
Shoei helmet 450
left rear side cover 50
handle bars 70 but upgrading now to wood craft
several scratches over different areas but not not too bad over all I'm alive with minimal damage.
I ended up riding the bike back home and grabbed the Buell to finish out the ride lol.
right side controls 70

Jeez.  That really sucks.  Glad you are still ok though.  
  • Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ
Lighting upgrade day!  

and Osram Night Racer 110 H4 bulbs with free W5Ws: e4d4c79b1bf7d9cb851e330b242e09ef.jpg

I love my NR 110. Have you adjusted your headlight yet? I just checked mine the other day and with this bulb riding at night is awesome, took a few full turns but now I can see a few hundred yards in front of me instead 20. 
  • Like 1

Lighting upgrade day!  

I love my NR 110. Have you adjusted your headlight yet? I just checked mine the other day and with this bulb riding at night is awesome, took a few full turns but now I can see a few hundred yards in front of me instead 20. 
gonna install everything on Thursday when i get time.

• Premium Member
For some strange reason I decided to make a list of all the upgrades I have done so far, and total them up. Oof! I think I'm in for around $11K total all told (bike included). Word to the wise: just don't keep track of what you've spent. :) 
LOL I did the same thing on Monday! I also decided to keep tally of when I do any service and the cost of those too.  (zzz)  

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest ChicagoAJ
LOL I did the same thing on Monday! I also decided to keep tally of when I do any service and the cost of those too.  (zzz)  

I do all of this plus I calculate all my gas fill-ups in spread sheet with: 

Date
Miles on tank
Temperature
Gallons put in
Cost
Average MPG

On that spreadsheet I also keep track of when I installed any mods, first service (I'll do the rest myself), chain lubes, adjustments, etc. My dad got me into the habit and I've always done it for every vehicle I own. And he doesn't even do it anymore... 

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Switched my winter windscreen (givi) for my summer screen (rizoma) and "fixed" my proton flush mount odd flashing pattern. If you have the r6 protons and the running light hooked up when your blinker is on it will flash at a different rate than the rear. So i disconnected the running light and its normal. I'll put in air scoop leds next time the side panels are off.

As soon as my Martis fork kit is in from @pattonme I'll be done with mods for now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Put on woodcraft clip ons and got my new helmet in a RF1200 flat black. Bike is mostly back together waiting for my side cover and switch. not going to get all anal about the scratches till later.

• Like 2

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

lexstar828

Fixed my snapped shift arm.

54rCv6u.jpg

Temp fix

teHqHS2.jpg

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

Wasn't feeling the Amazon Special Drag Bars for $20 so I opted to get the $14.00 Drag Bars from Dennis Kirk with Free Shipping using a promo code I had from a previous order.

That looks real nice and feel good too!!!

After taking these pics I took off the reflectors on the Front Wheel and removed the Rear Pegs and did the bracket mod to mount the rear brake reservoir.

112ecec17cc9a99db8c8bf0716734eea.jpg

40aed38385b7b487f701b97ff92a32ca.jpg

• Like 1

@lexstar828

Careful with the cheaper bars man. I seen videos of them snapping when people ride. Looks good though!

• Like 2

lexstar828

Properly replaced the shift arm.
Rhinimoto bar ends
CRG Arrow mirrors installed

• Like 1

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

@lexstar828 
Careful with the cheaper bars man. I seen videos of them snapping when people ride. Looks good though!

I hear yah! Had the same set on my Sportster. Had them on for about 10k miles.
  • Like 1

Home made Brake Reservoir bracket.

Need a new washer and some paint but it was 10 minutes and Free!

c43c8a959e06fdd3b9e8da23e54b6a78.jpg

• Like 1

Home made Brake Reservoir bracket.  
Need a new washer and some paint but it was 10 minutes and Free!

c43c8a959e06fdd3b9e8da23e54b6a78.jpg

Free is always good!