The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@12ival man. I've been wanting those signals soooooooooooooo bad. Their truly unicorn turn signals...lol

• Like 1

SigSide.jpg

Wow, you can't even see them while off. Bright as hell too! I noticed on the website that they aren't taking any orders until next year.
yeah. the last order date was may 7th. the guy said he got so many orders. they won't be doing orders until next year
crazy! i got lucky and got these from @nooname here on the forum

@12ival man. I've been wanting those signals soooooooooooooo bad. Their truly unicorn turn signals...lol
Same here. that wait time and exclusive ordering is so crazy.
  • Like 2

Guest ChicagoAJ
2nlfkma.jpg

For Chinese eBay levers they are top notch. No slop at all. I've never had an issue with this seller over 4 years and 3 bikes (this is my 3rd set). For $21 bucks, I love them.
  • Like 3

As I said on another thread, I'm perfectly happy with black ones, though the paint does tend to come off if you scrape them along asphalt.. :-/

• Premium Member
phicurious86
2nlfkma.jpg 
For Chinese eBay levers they are top notch. No slop at all. I've never had an issue with this seller over 4 years and 3 bikes (this is my 3rd set). For $21 bucks, I love them.
Smart going silver. I got some cheap black levers from the China and they faded to brown in a week.  Add another 40 for a decent powder coat job.  

Guest ChicagoAJ

I had a black and red pair on my old bikes for over a year each and they were fine. Both bikes lived outside too. Luckily my FZ gets a garage.

• Like 3

2nlfkma.jpg 
I bought a set that look identical, did you have to press out that brass bushing in the clutch lever too?

2nlfkma.jpg 
Smart going silver. I got some cheap black levers from the China and they faded to brown in a week.  Add another 40 for a decent powder coat job.
My China ones are fading too the red is still good the black though clearly noticable. The Texas Sun is a bitch!

Guest ChicagoAJ
2nlfkma.jpg 
I bought a set that look identical, did you have to press out that brass bushing in the clutch lever too?
Yea I did, but I believe even with more expensive levers you'd have to do that too unless they come with a replacement sleeve. 

Today I installed a bunch of tidbits..

- Puig Sport Windscreen
- "Chinese" Ride-It Short Levers (Black/Red Adjusters)
- R6 Throttle Tube
- TST R6 Flush Front Signals
- Cyclops H4 LED Headlamp
- V-LEDs 5K LED Park Lamp

20160514_101200.jpg

20160514_101116.jpg

20160514_101109.jpg

- Chad

• Like 4

- Chad

Current:
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 in Red/Black

Past:
2009 Suzuki GSX-R600 Orange/Black
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600 Blue/White

dentalprodigy

Today I set out to do my first oil change on a motorcycle. Was a humbling and frustrating experience getting oil drain plug and filter off. Took 3 trips to Autozone and Harbor Freight. Struggled alot removing the oil filter. But in the end got it done. Guestimated the whole 2.75 quarts by eyeing the 1 gallon bottom of Yamalube. Oil level at the sight window looks good to me.

I posted a picture of the remaining Yamalube 1 gallon bottle, do you think it looks about right? I didn't want to overfill it so I kept it as it is. When bike was on rear stand, oil sight window showed "full"

http://imgur.com/a/XFYvV

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Looks good to me. Don't you hate the morons at the factory that screw the filters on so tight???

• Like 3

Why can't left turners see us?

dentalprodigy

Yea I know. I tried the screwdriver technique but even that just tore the filter apart and it didn't even budge. I made sure to only hand tighten this one

• Like 3

Got to ride it up the mountain for the first time today. Now I'm just waiting on my new turn signals to come in. dcbde5dace289977e18b67ee0d3f6745.jpg

• Like 8

• Premium Member

Spend the morning adjusting mirrors, handlebar and grips. I was in San Francisco yesterday and somebody tipped the bike over while I was inside a store. ???????? Then left without saying or doing anything....
Quite a few parts have now scratches, but at least it is all in working condition.

• Like 1

Love to ride!

Spend the morning adjusting mirrors, handlebar and grips. I was in San Francisco yesterday and somebody tipped the bike over while I was inside a store. ???????? Then left without saying or doing anything.... Quite a few parts have now scratches, but at least it is all in working condition.
Probably one of them f'n mf'ers in the city that can't Park for shyt. Sorry man.
  • Like 1

Spend the morning adjusting mirrors, handlebar and grips. I was in San Francisco yesterday and somebody tipped the bike over while I was inside a store. ???????? Then left without saying or doing anything.... Quite a few parts have now scratches, but at least it is all in working condition.
Man sorry to hear that.  Sucks so bad. 
I'm tempted to buy a mobius camera and permanently affix it somewhere on the bike just to turn on when I park somewhere.  Don't know where I would be able to get a good enough view of the surrounding though.

• Like 1

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Simbadc650

Oh hell no!!

Sorry to hear. Bay to breakers marathon was yesterday so a bunch of intoxicated people on the streets throughout the city. I live close to the end of the route, and rode through some of the streets that they were walking. There was a bunch of drunk people next to me a my friends bikes when we came out from lunch. Had to tell them a few times I'm leaving and to stop leaning on my bike.

Got the diy Seat Concepts installed Saturday. Still need a long trip to test it out but the install was easy enough and it felt great on my commute to work.
701f6248ab8133d21ac4842eabff2587.jpg
6fc6ebd4a83110e57054a87e49c46a87.jpg

• Like 4

I love them!
I cut the pad off the OGIO tail bag and ran the Velcro straps of the side bags through the loop and now they are like one piece. Two clips and the whole luggage system comes off the bike!
I only wish the bags were a little wider and the side pouches were a little larger. Can't fit much in those little slits.

• Like 2

I love them! I cut the pad off the OGIO tail bag and ran the Velcro straps of the side bags through the loop and now they are like one piece. Two clips and the whole luggage system comes off the bike!
I only wish the bags were a little wider and the side pouches were a little larger. Can't fit much in those little slits.
Don't they rub against the rear wheel?  

I love them! I cut the pad off the OGIO tail bag and ran the Velcro straps of the side bags through the loop and now they are like one piece. Two clips and the whole luggage system comes off the bike!
Don't they rub against the rear wheel?

Not at all. The mounts keep them from folding in.
  • Like 2