The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

I was going to wait until Wednesday, but by 4pm yesterday I lost my self control and began the tail swap.  Plastic was the worst part of the job, in particular, the re-install.  But, I finally worked my way through it.  As has been said, the instructions were terrific. 

The only thing I didn't care for was the tight fit of the stock turn signal wires past a large fender washer.  It was an easy job to file a notch for added clearance.
IMG_1974.jpg

This is how the wiring looks when it's together.
IMG_1979.jpg

And finally, a blurry picture of the finished look.
IMG_1980.jpg

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Premium Member
Might finish installing the denali soundbomb this weekend. Don't have all the tools I need to make a bracket, they're stuffed in storage. :(
I hope when you complete this you'll post a how-to with pics. I am so intrigued by this horn and I want one!  

I'll definitely post up a how to. I also bought their $25 wiring harness and recommend it. Beats having to splice and cut and gives you better routing options and an appropriately sized fuse.

Should spend some time this evening working on a mounting system. I want it in the same location as the stock horn, but it has to move outboard just a tad. Unless you want to trim the reservoir cover, which I do not plan to do. It's not really huge but compared to the dinky stock horn it might as well be. Looks sharp too.

Since I'll have all the bodywork off the bike to run the wiring I'm probably going to plasti dip the red plastic neon yellow and my helmet as well. Just for the heck of it, and I like Swedish Ghost Rider's bright yellow turbo naked hayabusa. Wish Marthys exhaust was available so I could route an EJK at the same time.

To the poster who asked above plasti dip is ultra easy to use, almost infantile - and cheap. Wrap as I understand can be more skill based but probably more durable.

Everything went braap.

Did an HID projector install, put on front turn signals, and some Zeta/Cycra handguards with blinkers.  
IMG_20140803_145004.jpg

IMG_20140803_145123.jpg

looks awesome you have a link to buy or a step by step on the projector?

Love the lights, even kept the DRL. I think the hand-grip protectors would help greatly with the colder weather too. What was the total dollar cost if you don't mind me asking.

• Premium Member
Installed Givi cowl/windscreen

Hey, fox......

I'm interested in your opinion of this windscreen and where you found it in stock.

Sent you a PM too.
  • Like 2

One banana job Two easy accessible screws left and right removes the whole headlight cluster. You get access to the headlight bulb and the little aux light just underneath. Pop it out, replace, pop it in and done.
@guru whats the bulb size its on the list of my mods!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_7610_zps9f4ae797.jpg
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/IMG_7611_zpsd26e0bdc.jpg

My tailbag from Cycleguys arrived today and it was a snap to install, took < 5 minutes while the weather is clearing up. Should relieve me of the backpack. I want to put an extra faceshield, jacket liner and bottle of water in it. Also if I need to buy something I'll have a place to put it. And our garage is full of bikes.
  • Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator
One banana job Two easy accessible screws left and right removes the whole headlight cluster. You get access to the headlight bulb and the little aux light just underneath. Pop it out, replace, pop it in and done.
@guru whats the bulb size its on the list of my mods! 

One of these:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33459059/bulb.jpg

• Global Moderator

They are just T base leds, you can get them anywhere. I got a set here for my truck and had a couple of spares I used on the aux light on the bike.

As for my headlight, I did this;)

Preparing for tomorrows delivery of my Akra ti exhaust and EJK fuel controller, I went ahead and removed the gas tank and the stock exhaust

• Like 1

Since I had the plastic off to remove the gas tank, I went ahead and took out the mesh screens and spray painted them blurple to match the frame

IMG_1907_zpsc3a209c2.jpg

• Premium Member

Cleaned the chain and rear sprocket. It was filthy.

Going to pull the cover and do the front and rear again this weekend. Bike needs a really thorough detail.

Everything went braap.

I use pitbull with OES sliders just fine. Did you try adjusting the width? They are adjustable.
Maybe if I flip the cradle around 180? The bolt I got that tightens the cradle/fork to the carriage sticks out and pushes against the axle slider before the slider spool can seat in the fork.
I use pitbull and OES sliders without a problem also. Can u take a picture of what you're talking about.

• Global Moderator

Lubed the chain after getting my paddock stand. Put the bike in first and let it idle so the wheel was spinning while applying.
I was shocked to hear how loud and noisy the chain was. :o

I had done the chain a couple of times before but without a stand, just by moving the bike manually. I apparently didn't do a very good job.

• Premium Member
Lubed the chain after getting my paddock stand. Put the bike in first and let it idle so the wheel was spinning while applying. I was shocked to hear how loud and noisy the chain was. :o

I had done the chain a couple of times before but without a stand, just by moving the bike manually. I apparently didn't do a very good job.

Yeah a liberal coating of lube stopped my noisy chain.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Since I had the plastic off to remove the gas tank, I went ahead and took out the mesh screens and spray painted them blurple to match the frame
I have my blurple paint.  This is on my list next time I have to pull the plastic off.  

P.S. I haven't done much to the bike this week because I rode it 5 consecutive days to work!  Woo!  Love this weather!  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Got the blurple spray painted mesh back in the plastic, just waiting for the brown santa to drop off my exhaust and EJK fuel controller to install and then get everything back together

IMG_1911_zps9882cc31.jpg

• Like 2

Did the R6 throttle tube mod, rotated brake lever and throttle housing forward, and accidentally unplugged my O2 sensor - which was a huge pain in the butt because of the 3 catch connector. But oh my, oh my... Found the mystical 3rd gear wheelie and quickly found the limits of the FZ's suspension :-) Best $10 I've spent in quite some time. Highly recommended.

I set my rear suspension to 6, took out the slop in the throttle cable and then installed the Battery Tender plus cable directly to the battery. To my dismay I discovered some really poor prep. They ran the positive terminal cable DIRECTLY OVER the negative terminal. It completely chafed through the insulation and the next layer would have been the cable itself then SPARKS and blow fuse for sure! I routed it more logically .. who the heck did they let set my bike up. That's a bonehead error.

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag212/Jerry_Vezzosi/cable_zpsa639e926.jpg

• Like 2

I test drove the FZR6 and FZ09 at the local Yamaha demo day. The 09 is sweet. Watch out on the A mode.!

I like the Fazer handlebar better than ours. Anybody know how to measure handlebars to order the right one?
Otherwise, I don't know what the draw is to that bike.