The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

The gilles are installed! some minor adjusting to my liking and they will be perfect! 5112612e2abac6084aaed99677da6437.jpg310a9a05257b82d7726b03f0ca1dda32.jpg
Looks good! I've got the same bike and exhaust, liquid graphite and Akra Carbon. Is that your FZ-09 too?
it's a buddies 09.

Is there a redundancy in having both a FZ09 and FZ07?  I'm truly curious how it is owning both.
that's my buddies 09.
ah ok, you guys ever swap bikes? 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

::)  Awesome! What kind of beer do you drink?
I'm a fan of stuff I haven't tried before and the list is getting smaller and smaller; but I enjoy just about everything from Lagunitas, Revolution, and a few other local (Chicago-area) breweries. 
I'll be up in Panama City Beach staying at a resort/condo my girlfriend and I rented from the 20th to the 28th. 
You're up there a ways so I doubt we'll cross paths. Panama should be a nice getaway, though. Been there a few times growing up and it was nice then, probably still is. Enjoy your trip!

Beemer

Guest ChicagoAJ
I'm a fan of stuff I haven't tried before and the list is getting smaller and smaller; but I enjoy just about everything from Lagunitas, Revolution, and a few other local (Chicago-area) breweries. 
I'll be up in Panama City Beach staying at a resort/condo my girlfriend and I rented from the 20th to the 28th. 
You're up there a ways so I doubt we'll cross paths. Panama should be a nice getaway, though. Been there a few times growing up and it was nice then, probably still is. Enjoy your trip!
Thanks, was originally going to go to Ft. Myers/Naples area, my grandparents lived there until I was 20 but we couldn't find any decent on the beach resorts that had any openings. So decided on the Panama area. 

Thanks, was originally going to go to Ft. Myers/Naples area, my grandparents lived there until I was 20 but we couldn't find any decent on the beach resorts that had any openings. So decided on the Panama area. 
There used to be an old naval shipwreck there, partially out of the water. If it's still visible get some pics and post them here. *If you like fishing that's supposedly a good spot just offshore to fish because of the wreck.

Beemer

Got the luggage all sprayed down with Camp Dry and I'm going to pack them up for the ~350 mile trip to NC tonight. Then heading to Rolling Thunder next weekend for the ride through Washington DC.

castanzarules

Looks like you have DRLs? I checked the TST website and it says their signals don't have DRL capability.  Explain your black magic! 

EDIT: ...and please don't say hazards haha

Today I installed a bunch of tidbits.. 
- Puig Sport Windscreen
- "Chinese" Ride-It Short Levers (Black/Red Adjusters)
- R6 Throttle Tube
- TST R6 Flush Front Signals
- Cyclops H4 LED Headlamp
- V-LEDs 5K LED Park Lamp

20160514_101200.jpg

20160514_101116.jpg

20160514_101109.jpg

- Chad

• Like 1

@castanzarules I have the same flush mounts on my FZ. It's actually quite easy to use them as DRL. The wiring should be black to brown, and yellow to blue. It should now retain the DRL function and blink properly when activated.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
The gilles are installed! some minor adjusting to my liking and they will be perfect! 5112612e2abac6084aaed99677da6437.jpg310a9a05257b82d7726b03f0ca1dda32.jpg
The Gilles rear set looks to be not very aggressive at all.  It looks almost stock as you have it, but hard to tell for sure.  I installed Woodcrafts a couple days ago and have them maxed out at 2.063" back and 1" up.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

The Gilles rear set looks to be not very aggressive at all.  It looks almost stock as you have it, but hard to tell for sure.  I installed Woodcrafts a couple days ago and have them maxed out at 2.063" back and 1" up.
yeah in the pic they are stock position. i adjusted them to the back after pic. its not that agressive but it works great. we'll at least for me.
  • Like 1

Looks like you have DRLs? I checked the TST website and it says their signals don't have DRL capability.  Explain your black magic!  
EDIT: ...and please don't say hazards haha

Today I installed a bunch of tidbits.. 
- Puig Sport Windscreen
- "Chinese" Ride-It Short Levers (Black/Red Adjusters)
- R6 Throttle Tube
- TST R6 Flush Front Signals
- Cyclops H4 LED Headlamp
- V-LEDs 5K LED Park Lamp

20160514_101200.jpg

20160514_101116.jpg

20160514_101109.jpg

- Chad
@castanzarules  I'm using a set of "Blinker Genie's" from CustomLED to allow run and signal lights:  http://www.customled.com/products/blinker-genie
  • Like 1

- Chad

Current:
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 in Red/Black

Past:
2009 Suzuki GSX-R600 Orange/Black
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600 Blue/White

• Premium Member

Thought I'd try this Apple Watch handlebar mount. Had to modify it a bit but the result is a sturdy mount.
Yay. Mini heads up display.

e7a2a9cad116c367d32685d5a2112274.jpg

831b42202574d7270337c5d818aeb7e6.jpg

• Like 7

Oh man that's badass @sane! I wonder if there is a handlebar mount for my Samsung watch now lol

• Like 1

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Thought I'd try this Apple Watch handlebar mount. Had to modify it a bit but the result is a sturdy mount. Yay. Mini heads up display.

Lol. I thought about doing this before so I could use it with my GoPro, but I was always scared of my watch flying. Keep us updated if it works well.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Thought I'd try this Apple Watch handlebar mount. Had to modify it a bit but the result is a sturdy mount. Yay. Mini heads up display.

Lol. I thought about doing this before so I could use it with my GoPro, but I was always scared of my watch flying. Keep us updated if it works well.

I use a piece of clear tape top to bottom in case. Even though I end up taking three or more screenshots trying to get the bugger off the mount.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
riding her to san diego, then L.A. t area tomorrow. if you see me say hi! 300a65b81759ce445bbd462a0d2c95c5.jpg

I believe in another post about the new rearsets you said your 6'2"? I am as well let us know how they feel after your trip. I'm out of town right now and not sure if mines have arrived in mail yet.
  • Like 1

dentalprodigy

My shifter condom finally arrived today. Installed it and went out for a test ride. Was banging gears with ease. Helps improve the good ol 1st gear > 2nd gear shift fail (neutral). Not a night and day difference but for 99 cents, I can't complain.

http://imgur.com/a/nFmnK

Only thing that bothers me is the loose end of the shifter condom.

• Like 1

Put fuel stabilizer in the tank after a 200 mile run to Payson and back (plus a little). Season's over here in the desert unless you want to ride in the dark. We do have plans to haul the race cars up to Colorado in July...

riding her to san diego, then L.A. t area tomorrow. if you see me say hi! 300a65b81759ce445bbd462a0d2c95c5.jpg
I believe in another post about the new rearsets you said your 6'2"? I am as well let us know how they feel after your trip. I'm out of town right now and not sure if mines have arrived in mail yet.
@darrooh so i rode about 4/5 hours. the rearsets feel great. i adjusted them to my liking and felt fine, smooth and sturdy the whole way. great position for me. my knees had a better grip on the tank and i feel my legs were underneath me more. only thing bad is this damn rock hard seat. lol

• Global Moderator
Finally changed back to street tires and put my mirrors on...and rode to work! 

snD5wh4l.jpg

FNUZbyzl.jpg

AdeanYxl.jpg

:)

- Paulie

So beautiful...oh hey... theres a store in the background
thinking about taking a ride up that way once the fizzy gets revived

• Like 2

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Finally changed back to street tires and put my mirrors on...and rode to work! 

snD5wh4l.jpg

FNUZbyzl.jpg

AdeanYxl.jpg

:)

- Paulie

So beautiful...oh hey... theres a store in the background thinking about taking a ride up that way once the fizzy gets revived

we can do a fz-07 meet and greet in vegas at bellissimoto!