The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

dentalprodigy

Yesterday went on my first legit group ride.  Rode from Philly to PA's "dragon" route 125.  
Today I installed the Cyclops LED headlight bulb.  Happy with the results so far.  Did everyone else also NOT put back the rubber cover thing???? Also I definitely need to adjust this thing because right now all it's doing is lighting up the sky.  

http://imgur.com/a/UNjbd

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Yesterday went on my first legit group ride.  Rode from Philly to PA's "dragon" route 125.   Today I installed the Cyclops LED headlight bulb.  Happy with the results so far.  Did everyone else also NOT put back the rubber cover thing???? Also I definitely need to adjust this thing because right now all it's doing is lighting up the sky.  

One reason I got the night racer lightbulb was because I didn't want to cut the rubber around the lightbulb around the time I got the Cyclops. Some people seemed to have done that:
fz07.org/thread/3477/cyclops-led-light-question?page=2
  • Like 1

dentalprodigy
Yesterday went on my first legit group ride.  Rode from Philly to PA's "dragon" route 125.   Today I installed the Cyclops LED headlight bulb.  Happy with the results so far.  Did everyone else also NOT put back the rubber cover thing???? Also I definitely need to adjust this thing because right now all it's doing is lighting up the sky.  

One reason I got the night racer lightbulb was because I didn't want to cut the rubber around the lightbulb around the time I got the Cyclops. Some people seemed to have done that:
http://fz07.org/thread/3477/cyclops-led-light-question?page=2

Interesting.  I'll give that thread a read and give it a 2nd go tomorrow morning.  I'm jealous of your mini helmet case that you get with your bulb haha

• Global Moderator
One reason I got the night racer lightbulb was because I didn't want to cut the rubber around the lightbulb around the time I got the Cyclops. Some people seemed to have done that: http://fz07.org/thread/3477/cyclops-led-light-question?page=2

Interesting.  I'll give that thread a read and give it a 2nd go tomorrow morning.  I'm jealous of your mini helmet case that you get with your bulb haha
Its not 100% necessary to cut the headlight boot to install the cyclops led
  • Like 2

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I trimmed mine, it's cheap to replace.

. .Cover, Socket
1RC-84397-00-00 $5.55 US

Yesterday went on my first legit group ride.  Rode from Philly to PA's "dragon" route 125.  Today I installed the Cyclops LED headlight bulb.  Happy with the results so far.  Did everyone else also NOT put back the rubber cover thing???? Also I definitely need to adjust this thing because right now all it's doing is lighting up the sky.  

fz07.org/thread/3477/cyclops-led-light-question?page=2

• Like 2

Guest ChicagoAJ
Thanks, was originally going to go to Ft. Myers/Naples area, my grandparents lived there until I was 20 but we couldn't find any decent on the beach resorts that had any openings. So decided on the Panama area. 
There used to be an old naval shipwreck there, partially out of the water. If it's still visible get some pics and post them here. *If you like fishing that's supposedly a good spot just offshore to fish because of the wreck.
Finally back, never saw this and we did rent a boat for a few days. We did swim with a ton of dolphins though. Great town, just wish there weren't so many spring breakers/high school seniors that just graduated. Still had a blast though. 

Guest 2wheeler

So I went to see if I was going to luck out and that Stop & Go tire plug kit with the CO2 inflators would fit underneath the passenger seat. Major score - it fits with even room for a thin set of pliers added to the kit. Pliers are good to help pull out a screw or nail, as well as tugging on the plug. Speaking of which, I found a youtube video on using this kit.

http://www.amazon.com/Stop-Go-1001-Pocket-Plugger/dp/B001BBSD9C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1464651695&sr=8-4&keywords=stop+and+go+plug

• Like 1

There used to be an old naval shipwreck there, partially out of the water. If it's still visible get some pics and post them here. *If you like fishing that's supposedly a good spot just offshore to fish because of the wreck.
Finally back, never saw this and we did rent a boat for a few days. We did swim with a ton of dolphins though. Great town, just wish there weren't so many spring breakers/high school seniors that just graduated. Still had a blast though. 
I'm not surprised it's not showing now after all those years, oh well, dolphins and salt water are always fun. I saw a bunch of them (high schooler's) crowded at a table today, they all seemed so geeky and whimpy. It's hard to imagine that's a turn on for a 16 year old with hopped up hormones. 

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Got mad at myself for loctiting the woodcraft sliders....
ended up having to drill out the screws and found the bases are both loose....
Not a good sign.. hopefully i can fix that

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Yesterday I brought my FZ back to stock.

Today after work will most likely be cleaning her up and taking some really good pictures, then listing it For Sale.

It has less than 2,000 miles - this will grow a little as I may ride it if I have time. 
2 oil changes 1st at 600 miles and the 2nd at 1200 miles.
Installed a magnetic oil drain plug on oil change [HASH]2.
OES Front and Rear Axle Sliders.
Shogun Frame Sliders.
Nelson Rigg CL1060 Tail Bag. 
Battery Tender cable installed.
Factory Warranty is good until November 30, 2016.  

If Sold Privately I will include:

Rear Swing Arm Lift. 
Battery Tender.
RAM Mount for a Cell Phone.

With a baby on the way due on September and me currently not having the time to ride it, I'd rather let it go then have it just sit in my garage collecting dust. 

I am not sure if I should take it to a Dealer and sell it back to them or sell it privately?

I owe on the bike due to negative equity I rolled over from a Harley I traded in.
So if I sell it privately the title will still have a lean until all the money is payed back.
If I sell it to a dealer I will get crap money for it and will owe more after the deal takes place, but it will be much easier to sell and walk away from.

I'm Stuck?

Today after work will most likely be cleaning her up and taking some really good pictures, then listing it For Sale.

It has less than 2,000 miles - this will grow a little as I may ride it if I have time. 
Shogun Frame Sliders.

Rear Swing Arm Lift. 
Battery Tender.

With a baby on the way due on September and me currently not having the time to ride it, I'd rather let it go then have it just sit in my garage collecting dust. 

I am not sure if I should take it to a Dealer and sell it back to them or sell it privately?

I owe on the bike due to negative equity I rolled over from a Harley I traded in.
So if I sell it privately the title will still have a lean until all the money is payed back.
If I sell it to a dealer I will get crap money for it and will owe more after the deal takes place, but it will be much easier to sell and walk away from.

I'm Stuck?

Sadly, yes. You are kindof stuck. Negative equity is a pain in the rump and is hard to get out from under. My suggestion is to spend the time/effort to sell privately. There is currently a huge market for these bikes, and you WILL sell it at a decent price. However, with the negative equity, you will have a very difficult time selling with the lien in place. I know it sucks, but if you want to save yourself the money (and not essentially "pay" for the convenience of the dealer trade-in), you'll need to either pay off the negative equity or get a small loan to do so prior to selling privately. In the end, this route WILL save you money.

In the meantime, remove aftermarket stuff that is easy to take off and sell and put that money towards the negative equity payoff. Best of luck!
  • Like 1

2016 FZ-07
2008 CRF250X
2008 Rebel 250 (Wife's)
2000 XR100R (Wife's)

Shogun Frame Sliders.

Rear Swing Arm Lift. 
Battery Tender.

I'm Stuck?
Sadly, yes. You are kindof stuck. Negative equity is a pain in the rump and is hard to get out from under. My suggestion is to spend the time/effort to sell privately. There is currently a huge market for these bikes, and you WILL sell it at a decent price. However, with the negative equity, you will have a very difficult time selling with the lien in place. I know it sucks, but if you want to save yourself the money (and not essentially "pay" for the convenience of the dealer trade-in), you'll need to either pay off the negative equity or get a small loan to do so prior to selling privately. In the end, this route WILL save you money.

In the meantime, remove aftermarket stuff that is easy to take off and sell and put that money towards the negative equity payoff. Best of luck!

You read my mind!

Guest ChicagoAJ
Nice, did u change out the relay? There's only the one relay up front right? Lol
No and for now I kinda like how it flashes :)
My MD tail came with a huge resistor wiring harness but I already had the relay up front so I got a resistorless harness. It shouldn't flash any different if yours has the resistor. 

My MD tail came with a huge resistor wiring harness but I already had the relay up front so I got a resistorless harness. It shouldn't flash any different if yours has the resistor. 
So the Blinkers only have that one relay up front for the front and rear flashers right?

Guest ChicagoAJ
So the Blinkers only have that one relay up front for the front and rear flashers right?
The bike only has one relay, correct. It's behind the clutch side plastic. Took me maybe 5 minutes to swap out for a SuperBrightLED's relay, the new relay was 8 bucks.  
Here's a great install video:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
But because I don't have the relay for the front it overrides the tail and they all flash faster. But I plan on getting the relay ... But like I said I don't mind how it flashes 

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Guest ChicagoAJ
But because I don't have the relay for the front it overrides the tail and they all flash faster. But I plan on getting the relay ... But like I said I don't mind how it flashes
Oh, you put LEDs up front too... I missed that, lol.
  • Like 1

The bike only has one relay, correct. It's behind the clutch side plastic. Took me maybe 5 minutes to swap out for a SuperBrightLED's relay, the new relay was 8 bucks.  

I've watched that video before ☺ do you have the link to the relay? My luck I'll but some weird wrong relay.
  • Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ

I've watched that video before ☺ do you have the link to the relay? My luck I'll but some weird wrong relay.
www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/motorcycle-accessories/lf1-s-flat-universal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/ 
That's the one.

www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/motorcycle-accessories/lf1-s-flat-universal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/ 
That's the one.
Thank you sir.

Guest ChicagoAJ
That's the one.
Thank you sir.
No problem. Best way I found to install it was to drill a tiny hole where the stock relay is held in place by a rubber clip and match that up with the hole on the new relay and use a zip tie to secure it. Perfect fit that way.  
  • Like 1