The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Made another vid with some friends I took a ride couple nights ago (hope vid is not blocked for all of you but it will for some due music I used)

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member
Made another vid with some friends I took a ride couple nights ago (hope vid is not blocked for all of you but it will for some due music I used) 

Sorry buddy, but it's blocked completely. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
3b96d017067388b5af3daa2289c4a9e4.jpg

got some more goodies for the bike
still waiting on my massive OEM parts order to ship
  • Like 5

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
got some more goodies for the bike still waiting on my massive OEM parts order to ship
I love my CRG LS's! 
  • Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

nakedbiker
Took off the reflectors front and back. She looks so much better with such a simple mod.  

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g356/CafeFighter/Mobile%20Uploads/20160601_141500_zpsxhdy9tmx.jpg

Sorry but I gotta ask why would you remove reflectors ... they are quite helpful especially when riding at night. 

I just like the look of it that way. Plus I'm not really going to ride at night.

66bc3c016fb5cacae66da05da180e034.jpg

got some more goodies for the bike still waiting on my massive OEM parts order to ship
I love my CRG LS's!
Yup! I agree 100%! These things are bad ass!
  • Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ

I'll finally have some time after work to install my R6 throttle tube and matching grip. Hope everything goes smoothly.

• Like 3

• Global Moderator
I'll finally have some time after work to install my R6 throttle tube and matching grip. Hope everything goes smoothly.
Good luck

• Like 1

• Premium Member
I did the R6 throttle tube swap a few weeks ago when I swapped out my grips to Pro-Grip 719s. I actually used the Motion-Pro version which, from what I've read, are not as much of a change as the OEM R6 tube would be, and, to be honest, I don't notice much difference, but it's definitely not a negative.  It works flawlessly and I still have smooth throttle control over the entire range, which requires a little less wrap.  I've read that actual R6 owners sometimes swap to get a little more range, but I'm sure it's just a personal preference and I'm happy with the way it is now. 
  • Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ
Good luck 

Swapping the tube and grip took maybe 25 minutes total with 80% of the time trying to get the stock grip glue to let go.  
The only difference I notice is not having to give it much input when starting from a stop (which I could've just adjusted to begin with). I'm not all that impressed with the range needed to open it up completely, however. Seems like the stock tube was maybe 90-100 degrees and this tube is 75-80. I've used friend's 600RR with a 1/3 turn tube, maybe 40-45 degrees to open completely. That tube is awesome, that's what I was hoping for. 
  • Like 3

• Global Moderator

recieved the "updated" woodcraft frame sliders, my new astars gp plus r jacket, and smx plus boots

Took a look in disgust at my disassembled bike and checkdd for tracking on my factory shipment

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Good luck 

Swapping the tube and grip took maybe 25 minutes total with 80% of the time trying to get the stock grip glue to let go.  
The only difference I notice is not having to give it much input when starting from a stop (which I could've just adjusted to begin with). I'm not all that impressed with the range needed to open it up completely, however. Seems like the stock tube was maybe 90-100 degrees and this tube is 75-80. I've used friend's 600RR with a 1/3 turn tube, maybe 40-45 degrees to open completely. That tube is awesome, that's what I was hoping for. 
With the amount of torque and engine braking our bike has, I'm not sure a 40-45 degrees to open would be a good thing.  Parking lot maneuvers might require a level of finesse and subtle motion control that I'm not sure I could master (and maybe don't want to). O_o  

Guest ChicagoAJ
With the amount of torque and engine braking our bike has, I'm not sure a 40-45 degrees to open would be a good thing.  Parking lot maneuvers might require a level of finesse and subtle motion control that I'm not sure I could master (and maybe don't want to). O_o  

Ehh, just slip the clutch for super low speed maneuvers.  
After about a 40 mile ride, the biggest difference I noticed was that blipping the throttle for downshifts seemed to always hit the sweet spot whereas stock I would always end up just a little short of the rev range I should've been in before dropping the clutch. So that's really nice. It also feels like the throttle is a little harder to twist than stock, but I don't see why that would be. The bike should've definitely come stock like this but it's not the huge difference some people here made it out to be. 
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

After about a 40 mile ride, the biggest difference I noticed was that blipping the throttle for downshifts seemed to always hit the sweet spot whereas stock I would always end up just a little short of the rev range I should've been in before dropping the clutch. So that's really nice. It also feels like the throttle is a little harder to twist than stock, but I don't see why that would be. The bike should've definitely come stock like this but it's not the huge difference some people here made it out to be. 
Actually, after looking at mine (the Motion-Pro version), it's probably close the 45 degrees, and seems fine, so I take back what I said. ;) 

• Global Moderator
Actually, after looking at mine (the Motion-Pro version), it's probably close the 45 degrees, and seems fine, so I take back what I said. ;)
The motion pro R6 throttle sleeve has an 80° throw from closed to full throttle
stock fz throttle sleeve is 120-130° throw

I used this one:

Yamaha 2C0262400000 Grip Assembly https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005C59NO2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KgLuxb6HWBY98

HUGE difference in throttle response and position. The only negative I've noticed so far is it takes more force to turn it, more wrist fatigue. But it's something I'm used to now. Very much worth it in my book. Throttle on demand pretty much now, instead of anticipating when the stock throttle is going to kick in.

Guest ChicagoAJ
I thought the MP tube was between the stock and R6 tube. I don't think it's 45 degrees from nothing to fully pinned.  
The stock tube is like a 1/3 turn, the motion pro is 1/5, and the R6 tube is 1/6 throw making it the shortest twist from closed to fully open. 

Guest ChicagoAJ
I used this one: 
Yamaha 2C0262400000 Grip Assembly https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005C59NO2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KgLuxb6HWBY98

HUGE difference in throttle response and position. The only negative I've noticed so far is it takes more force to turn it, more wrist fatigue. But it's something I'm used to now. Very much worth it in my book. Throttle on demand pretty much now, instead of anticipating when the stock throttle is going to kick in.
That's what I got, I got mine from PartsFish.com for 19.xx and the matching grip for 10.xx, I believe. Same part number. Definitely not a huge difference, but I do agree with the extra wrist muscle needed to turn it. It's definitely more stiff than stock. 

I used this one: 

That's what I got, I got mine from PartsFish.com for 19.xx and the matching grip for 10.xx, I believe. Same part number. Definitely not a huge difference, but I do agree with the extra wrist muscle needed to turn it. It's definitely more stiff than stock. 
I don't understand how it's not a huge difference for you. In order to go wot on stock, I'd have to twist, then twist again. The r6 throttle I only have to twist once. And changing gears with no clutch mimics my r1 more now. A quick blip and a gear change. The stock had so much extra slack in it till it engaged, it was kinda sad.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

@sorkyah and @ChicagoAJ Yea, sorry, you guys are right. I don't know why I was thinking 45 degrees. The Motion Pro R6 I have is a little less than a quarter turn so 80 degrees or 1/5 turn sounds much closer.

Guest ChicagoAJ
I don't understand how it's not a huge difference for you. In order to go wot on stock, I'd have to twist, then twist again. The r6 throttle I only have to twist once. And changing gears with no clutch mimics my r1 more now. A quick blip and a gear change. The stock had so much extra slack in it till it engaged, it was kinda sad.
No question it's better than stock. But I was expecting more due to it being so hyped on here.