The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Mounted my new horn, had to fab a bracket, but stock wiring won't reach so have to deal with that. I'll take pic's when the weather is clear. it looks evil.

• Like 3

Mounted my new horn, had to fab a bracket, but stock wiring won't reach so have to deal with that. I'll take pic's when the weather is clear. it looks evil.
What kind of horn?

This one  http://www.amazon.com/Super-Compact-Electric-Toyota-Corolla/dp/B00Y5MT0FK/ref=sr_1_23?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1465092045&sr=1-23&keywords=sickspeed+horn

What kind of horn?

• Like 1

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I busted up my rear axle bolt thing. Great. No riding for at least a week...

c324724ff9be12e21aea1f00469bc793.jpg

SigSide.jpg

you should use the wiring from the switch to the OE horn to switch a relay. Then you can power the horn directly thru a fused line from the battery. That way, current to the horn will not be limited by bitty wiring ( read as loud as it possibly can be) and you don't have to worry about that horn drawing enough current to melt/weld your horn switch contacts. 
  • Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ
Ouch, how'd you do that? Over-tightening the axle nut?

Sounds like a good idea .. will look that up.  The OEM wires are teensy.

you should use the wiring from the switch to the OE horn to switch a relay. Then you can power the horn directly thru a fused line from the battery. That way, current to the horn will not be limited by bitty wiring ( read as loud as it possibly can be) and you don't have to worry about that horn drawing enough current to melt/weld your horn switch contacts. 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
This was from trying to take the nut off. This is the aftermath of an expensive lesson on how the self locking nut works lol. I didn't clean the threads before trying to pull the nut off.

SigSide.jpg

vroomvroom
This was from trying to take the nut off. This is the aftermath of an expensive lesson on how the self locking nut works lol. I didn't clean the threads before trying to pull the nut off.

I'm new to this. What would you use to clean the threads of the bolt while its still on the bike... Some sort of penetrating lube?

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I'm new to this. What would you use to clean the threads of the bolt while its still on the bike... Some sort of penetrating lube?
That and I assume brushing off any dirt or other filth.

SigSide.jpg

Guest 2wheeler

So I installed a Osram Night Racer 110 bulb today. Very straight forward install - just remember that you have to initially start the bike to get the light to come on.

I used the alignment somebody recommended on another thread where the bike is 25' back from a wall and the top of the low beam is 36" high - all done with you sitting on the bike. Not dark out enough to really tell how good it will be, and if there is any fine tuning that will need to be done to the alignment. What I can tell you is from how it looks on the back wall of my carport, this is going to be a heck of a lot better than stock. Plus, like so many people have said, it was really adjusted low from the factory. Left/right was spot on though.

Waiting for dark!!!

• Like 6

Simbadc650

went to storage found some black plexi paint might use it on a few parts, and the dremel kit for the lights ive had since day 2. lol..

• Like 2

Guest 2wheeler

OK, so I just got back from a night ride, and I learned a lot about the Osram Night Rider lightbulb I installed tonight.

1. Low beam is MUCH better than stock!
2. There is a time and a place for the high beam.

I found that in certain situations the high beam was too high. It gave me a good picture of my surroundings, but not a great picture of what was directly in front of me. This varied on the terrain - some places were much better than others with the high beam. Of course I could lower the beam but that would sorta suck because the low beam where it is now really is very good.

The one place the high beam was unbelievably kick butt was going into corners. It just light everything up to the point where it almost seemed like there was no difference between the day and the night. Of course there is that little potential problem of an oncoming car......

• Like 2

• Premium Member
OK, so I just got back from a night ride, and I learned a lot about the Osram Night Rider lightbulb I installed tonight. 
1. Low beam is MUCH better than stock!
2. There is a time and a place for the high beam.

I found that in certain situations the high beam was too high. It gave me a good picture of my surroundings, but not a great picture of what was directly in front of me. This varied on the terrain - some places were much better than others with the high beam. Of course I could lower the beam but that would sorta suck because the low beam where it is now really is very good.

The one place the high beam was unbelievably kick butt was going into corners. It just light everything up to the point where it almost seemed like there was no difference between the day and the night. Of course there is that little potential problem of an oncoming car......

My experience is similar, and I love the low beam.  I almost don't need high beam.  The place where I really like it though is at night through some of the winding wooded roads that have deer.  I haven't actually seen any while riding at night yet, but I feel like the increased lighted field of view, might give me more reaction time, or at maybe scare the deer off.  I know, if they get scared, they will run into your path, but maybe the headlight will be an early alert and they can get across the road before me. :) 
  • Like 1

Why can't left turners see us?

Hi all!

New to the forum, but here's what has been added to my blurple 2015:

Yoshimura Full Exhaust with black pipes
Rear Fender Eliminator
Frame Sliders
Black shorty levers with red adjuster
Power Commander V
Rizoma Zero Turn Signals, Front (DLR using Custom LED Relay)
Custom LED Integrated Taillight (legit! Get it if you are interested in doing this mod.)
Blacked-out Side Covers, Kick Plate, and the rear passenger pegs (the silver parts). Cheaped out and just used plasti-dip (matt black topped off with gloss) which worked great for the cover but not so much the kick plate. Since this photo my ankle rubbed the plasti-dip off the kick plate. The cover is completely fine. All good because rearsets are coming in soon!

Many more mods coming! Can't wait!

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/roblogics/IMG_20160601_164153-01_zpsojnycnsu.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

^Looks good logiks. I have the R77 exhaust also, sounds incredible. No black pipes but I like the shine. God the red so I could have black frame, working on changing color now. Also painted my kick plates and doing passenger pegs tomorrow. I just used rustoleum and working fine so far. Bike is in pieces as I am adding new drag bars, bar end mirrors and weights, Fender eliminator, and possibly some gators. Looking for a good headlight too, not a huge fan of stock. Trying to order one from Germany right now! I'll put up a picture after I get my 4k service done later this week, that's when I will have time to put my fairings back on!
I have never really been a fan of the blurple frame, but with everything else blacked out it looks sharp. Kudos.

• Like 2

-JT

• Premium Member

1. Removed my clear MRA Double Bubble Race Screen. (Listed for sale here: Weazsel's MRA Double Bubble Race Screen For Sale)

2. Removed the front reflectors. I took the reflector bracket off too, is that okay?

3. Cleaned and lubed up my chain. I think I might be a little obsessive with this.

4. Worked on cornering and clutch up wheelies after all of the above was competed. :) 

• Like 3

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

1. Removed my clear MRA Double Bubble Race Screen. (Listed for sale here: Weazsel's MRA Double Bubble Race Screen For Sale
2. Removed the front reflectors. I took the reflector bracket off too, is that okay?

3. Cleaned and lubed up my chain. I think I might be a little obsessive with this.

4. Worked on cornering and clutch up wheelies after all of the above was competed. :) 
Yup, no reflector brackets needed. ☺

f66dd4b844dc1a9c963c7ce648810d9c.jpg
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1. Removed my clear MRA Double Bubble Race Screen. (Listed for sale here: Weazsel's MRA Double Bubble Race Screen For Sale

Cool, thanks for the reply man. What did you torque the bolts to? I did 29 ft/lbs because that's what it seemed like it needed on the chart.

Sweet ride you got there. I like the fuel canister in the back. I can't do it because my girlfriend won't have anywhere to put her feet haha. What handlebars you got on there?

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

Cool, thanks for the reply man. What did you torque the bolts to? I did 29 ft/lbs because that's what it seemed like it needed on the chart.

Sweet ride you got there. I like the fuel canister in the back. I can't do it because my girlfriend won't have anywhere to put her feet haha. What handlebars you got on there?
Hope this helps!

77d0418187c594490d620245ab5220bc.jpg

I have the renthal street fighter bars.

Installed a VStream Touring Windscreen. I have the sport replacement screen on order and will switch them out (on the same bracket) depending on the need. 

20160608_152825_resized_zpsw8vch3ws.jpg

• Like 2

Installed a VStream Touring Windscreen. I have the sport replacement screen on order and will switch them out (on the same bracket) depending on the need.  

How well does it work?

How well does it work?
I'm not sure yet. It's raining now but I'm planning a short ride in the morning and will report back.