The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Yup, no reflector brackets needed. ☺  
f66dd4b844dc1a9c963c7ce648810d9c.jpg
If I may ask, why did you white-out the "FZ07" on the tank decal?  I've noticed it in other pics and was wondering. 
The redundancy of the "fz07" didn't look right to me. I eventually want to plastidip that decal black.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, here's a sneak peak.  Review (after some miles) yet to come...

[attachment id=1749" thumbnail="1]
First impressions... very well made, nice materials and fit.  Sat on it and went Wow!

• Like 9

Why can't left turners see us?

martyinaustin
I got let go with a warning the other day too. Was doing 85 in a 45. He did a u-turn so I just pulled over before he even turned the lights on. I think that helped my situation. Cop liked my bike as well.  
Nice jacket, what kind?
Rev'It Airwave 2....http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-airwave-2-jacket 
thanks!

bigdaddybane

First impressions... very well made, nice materials and fit.  Sat on it and went Wow!

What aftermarket seat is that?

• Premium Member

What aftermarket seat is that?
Laam Custom Motorcycle Seats. 
  • Like 4

Why can't left turners see us?

Installed spiegler steel braided brake lines. The install was not bad at all, and I'm loving the brake feel now. I'll post the install/review video after I get through the editing. So far I'm very happy with them!

• Like 6

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Took her to 208 km/h but the camera battery died and don't have proof of that one but I do have one @206km/h for the previous attempt  (rofl)
Dark-Y was in 6th@8800rmp aprox... I'll make sure I have an extra battery next time we go out for a ride.

[attachment id=1751" thumbnail="1]

- Pancho

• Like 1

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

Installed a VStream Touring Windscreen. I have the sport replacement screen on order and will switch them out (on the same bracket) depending on the need.

How well does it work?

I just wanted to follow up. I went for a 90 + mile ride today, through mountain twisties, over a Kenosha Pass (9997 feet). Speeds were up to 75 MPH with strong crosswinds. The wind off the top of the windscreen was smooth with no detectable buffeting and was hitting me at the base of my face shield above the front intake on my helmet. FYI - I'm 5'9" with a 32 inch inseam. I'll do a more complete review and comparison when I receive the sport screen.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Took her to 208 km/h but the camera battery died and don't have proof of that one but I do have one @206km/h for the previous attempt  (rofl) Dark-Y was in 6th@8800rmp aprox... I'll make sure I have an extra battery next time we go out for a ride.

- Pancho
210kph would've been 130mph! What engine mods (if any) do you have? I've only had mine up to 115mph but it got there quick enough. 

Took her to 208 km/h but the camera battery died and don't have proof of that one but I do have one @206km/h for the previous attempt  (rofl) Dark-Y was in 6th@8800rmp aprox... I'll make sure I have an extra battery next time we go out for a ride.

- Pancho
210kph would've been 130mph! What engine mods (if any) do you have? I've only had mine up to 115mph but it got there quick enough. 
Must have been down Hills. Both way... In the snow. With no shoes.
  • Like 2

Guest ChicagoAJ
Ha, it was actually slightly uphill. But it was on a 3 mile stretch with forest preserve lakes on both sides - so I know a deer isn't going to be bounding out in front of me and there's nowhere for police to sit. I used to datalog my Cobra and tune my WRX on that road. It's amazing. Both ends start with about a mile slight downhill and bottom out after 1.5 miles then go uphill again. Perfect for getting up speed on the slight downhill and braking uphill. 
  • Like 2

Guest ChicagoAJ
Yeah, deer are my worst fear. I've got some good country roads all around me but they are LOADED with deer. They make me a nervous wreck.  
Also, I saw an XSR900 on the road today. These things are beautiful. Very lust worthy. It was the yellow 60th anniversary model.
I live surrounded by forest preserves. Literally everywhere, just like the deer in them - they're everywhere too. I've only ever had a couple run out in front me when I was on bikes, but they were at least a hundred yards ahead on both occasions. I've hit a skunk and nearly hit a coyote too. I couldn't imagine hitting an animal weighing almost as much as my bike and I combined and I hope I never find out!
  • Like 1

Caliesv, what kind of windscreen is that? And is it worthy performance wise at speeds?
In Satin black

http://www.motomachines.com/Ermax-Nose-Screen-Sport-27cm-for-Yamaha-FZ-07_p_5022.html

Looks better than it performs. But it's a slight noticeable difference on the freeway. I don't know of if Im just used to riding now, but at 70/75, I dont have much push back. But again, I might just be used to it.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
panchobullet
ROFL!!!... that's a good one @caliesv but actually it was just a plain straight  (rofl) ... 

@chicagoaj
Dark-Y has a Yoshi R77 Carbon + PCV + DNA filter & lid + Annitori QS Pro. Wind shield also helps a LOT at high speed! (I have the Givi smoke)... Still have a few mods in mind to see if we can get more out of it... keeping you all posted! 

- Pancho
  • Like 1

ROFL!!!... that's a good one @caliesv but actually it was just a plain straight  (rofl) ...  
@chicagoaj
Dark-Y has a Yoshi R77 Carbon + PCV + DNA filter & lid + Annitori QS Pro. Wind shield also helps a LOT at high speed! (I have the Givi smoke)... Still have a few mods in mind to see if we can get more out of it... keeping you all posted! 

- Pancho
:D:D:P :thumbup:

• Premium Member
panchobullet
@chicagoaj

- Pancho
Actually, I'll upload the footage just for that pull since the full video I posted on youtube is blocked in the US due music I used. Link to it soon!

- Pancho

put some Clip-ons on it with 1 inch riser down, Driven Halo grips, and a fork balancer. couldn't believe how much more stable the front felt with just the clip-ons and the balancer made it even better front feels very planted now I love it. Will have new levers soon but they sent me wrong ones so I get to wait some more.
20160609_1441561.jpg20160609_1441311.jpg20160609_1441481.jpg20160609_144139_HDR1.jpg

• Like 4

Guest ChicagoAJ
@chicagoaj

- Pancho
Figured you'd have a few things on there. I'd be happy to get over 120 stock, might give it a shot some night after work.  
@nexus - is that one of those $35 fork balancers from China on eBay? I was looking at blue but none of my aftermarket parts in blue come close to matching the Yamaha blurple. I bet the clip-ons are doing 99% of that more stable feeling, but I'm definitely interested in the balancer even just for aesthetics. 

Guest ChicagoAJ
Thanks caliesv, also, if I wanted my bike in your color scheme, how do I go about doing that?
Silver/Blue is a 2016 color scheme. You can buy them like that minus all the decals he put on his. It's easily the fastest color.  

1ghk4k.jpg
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
panchobullet
@chicagoaj

- Pancho
Actually, I'll upload the footage just for that pull since the full video I posted on youtube is blocked in the US due music I used. Link to it soon! 
- Pancho
So, as I promised here you have the footage of that run. Hope you all enjoy it!

- Pancho
  • Like 1