The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

330 miles to Scotland and back,
doing some waypoints on the Round
Britain rally heavy rain going up
but nice after that, if you wait for
good weather in the UK you will never
go anywhere though this summer as not
been bad.

• Like 1

About the chafed wire and wondering who set your bike up: Usually, it's the lowest guy on the Service Dept. totem pole.That is viewed as an entry level position.

After EJK and Akra ti install I got all my plastics back on. Bike looks a little sharper with the mesh screens sprayed blurple to match the wheels and frame

IMG_1912_zps4052a93f.jpg
IMG_1913_zps3d040162.jpg

• Like 1

I test drove the FZR6 and FZ09 at the local Yamaha demo day. The 09 is sweet. Watch out on the A mode.! 
I like the Fazer handlebar better than ours. Anybody know how to measure handlebars to order the right one?
Otherwise, I don't know what the draw is to that bike.
In my opinion, the big point with the FZ-09 is that you get a sport bike with 100 horsepower for $7,999Amazingly, that is considered cheap these days.I say amazing because back in the day, that was a fortune to spend on a sport bike. I rode both the FZ-07 and FZ-09 at a Yamaha demo ride.I picked the FZ-07 as my favorite and bought one.

• Like 1

Installed Givi cowl/windscreen
Hey, fox...... 
I'm interested in your opinion of this windscreen and where you found it in stock.

Sent you a PM too.
Revzilla website said it was out of stock but discovered that they had two of them.  It is really more of a short screen than a cowl. It directs air pretty much off the body and up to the helmet area.
P1000412_zpsd2d7bad0.jpg
P1000411_zps4a44d375.jpg
P1000413_zps93f5cb42.jpg
P1000414_zps36a53e79.jpg
As you look at where the top of the screen is in relation to the top of the instrument cluster, keep in mind that the bars have been raised and brought back toward the rider about 1 1/4".  Because the instrument cluster "rests" on the handlebars the instrument cluster is approx. 1 1/4" higher than stock also. 

Since I had the plastic off to remove the gas tank, I went ahead and took out the mesh screens and spray painted them blurple to match the frame
I have my blurple paint.  This is on my list next time I have to pull the plastic off.   
P.S. I haven't done much to the bike this week because I rode it 5 consecutive days to work!  Woo!  Love this weather!  

Because I am lazy I didn't remove anything to paint my screens red. 
Just bought a red enamel paint pen and painted them on the bike.
P1000415_zpsb755fd9a.jpg

• Like 1

I have my blurple paint.  This is on my list next time I have to pull the plastic off.   
P.S. I haven't done much to the bike this week because I rode it 5 consecutive days to work!  Woo!  Love this weather!  

I didn't remove anything to paint my screens red.  Just bought a red enamel paint pen/

Going to do mine too ... i like the look.

• Premium Member

Some of my first changes: 

1) Installed battery tender quick connect ring terminal harness and ran to storage compartment.
***During that exercise, I noticed the positive battery lead was running from the battery, OVER the seat bracket (frame cross member)  that is directly above the battery. After staring at it for quite some time, debating if that was on purpose or an oversight during the dealer assembly, I decided to re-position the positive battery lead under the frame cross member. (let me know if it was correct as it was originally)  

2) Puig Touring windscreen arrived today! I was really on the fence with touring vs sport size, but after installation I was very happy with how it looks. Side note - hard to see it, but you may notice that I do have a fannypack strapped on as my temporary tail bag! Very sad, I know, but it will hold a baseball hat, and maybe a few small items while I decide on a long term bag. 

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah250/rmdet/WSfrontafter_zps544741f9.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah250/rmdet/WSfronttopafter_zps7d7c0008.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah250/rmdet/WSback_zpsf886f2bd.jpg

3) Finally, the BIG work of the day:

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah250/rmdet/tank_zps6b13014a.jpg

Removed the tank sticker! HA!  
In all honesty, that was a SERIOUS pain!! Even heated up, it just would not peel off in less than 50 pieces.

Next on the list - probably OES Frame Slider Set & tail bag.
(after looking back at my post, I think I may put a higher priority on replacing the clutch and front brake levers... they look HUGE in the first picture)

• Like 3

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Got the tidy tail and front/rear LED's installed. I really like the faster blinker speed, gave me at least 5 more horse power! lol Thanks again rotaryryan!

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Got the tidy tail and front/rear LED's installed. I really like the faster blinker speed, gave me at least 5 more horse power! lol Thanks again rotaryryan!
Mine will arrive tomorrow ... next weekends project. 
  • Like 1

1) Installed battery tender quick connect ring terminal harness and ran to storage compartment.
***During that exercise, I noticed the positive battery lead was running from the battery, OVER the seat bracket (frame cross member)  that is directly above the battery. After staring at it for quite some time, debating if that was on purpose or an oversight during the dealer assembly, I decided to re-position the positive battery lead under the frame cross member. (let me know if it was correct as it was originally)  

2) Puig Touring windscreen arrived today! I was really on the fence with touring vs sport size, but after installation I was very happy with how it looks. Side note - hard to see it, but you may notice that I do have a fannypack strapped on as my temporary tail bag! Very sad, I know, but it will hold a baseball hat, and maybe a few small items while I decide on a long term bag. 

Yeah, mine ran over the battery and directly on top of the negative terminal! There is plenty of cable so I ran it around the battery, opposite the terminals. 
Let us know how that screen deflects and does it cause any vibration at speed >65 MPH.  Otherwise I don't mind the look.

Yeah, mine ran over the battery and directly on top of the negative terminal! There is plenty of cable so I ran it around the battery, opposite the terminals. 
Let us know how that screen deflects and does it cause any vibration at speed >65 MPH.  Otherwise I don't mind the look.
That's how the positive battery lead is supposed to be routed:From the starter relay, along the left side of the battery, 90-degrees to the right and along the front side of the battery, through the loop in the rubber battery band, and attached to the battery positive lead. 

• Premium Member
2) Puig Touring windscreen  .....

Ran it this morning at 70 MPH for several miles. Deflection was decent in my opinion, as I was not expecting extreme isolation from the wind with this screen. I am 6' 0". Sitting upright with a slouch, the height of the deflection stopped at the upper-shoulder area, and the width seemed to stop just outside/beyond my torso - covering a bit of my upper arms near the lower shoulder.   
I did not notice any vibration or difference in handling - just a lot less pressure from the wind. I did feel the screen in multiple places while at speed to see how much it was shaking/vibrating (top, sides, mid). No additional movement beyond road condition related feeling I was getting from bumps & seams. Overall, it seemed to be a sturdy natural part of the bike.

The look of it in pictures (mine and some others I had seen online before ordering) make it appear taller/longer than it looks in person. The top edge lines up at about the middle of the glass on my stock mirrors.  

• Like 2

Made the switch to mobile 1 4T full synthetic oil today. Shifting is a lot smoother now:)
Mobil 1 4t racing 10w-40?  How many miles on yours?

Made the switch to mobile 1 4T full synthetic oil today. Shifting is a lot smoother now:)
That's the stuff. I have 1800 miles on mine.

Used that in my 2000 Triumph thunderbird ... i may make that switch too.
  • Like 1

Used that in my 2000 Triumph thunderbird ... i may make that switch too.
It's good stuff. I used it in my wr250x. You won't be disappointed. One thing I noticed that changed for sure is the clunk when going into first gear while stopped has been greatly reduced. All around shifting is a lot smoother. I'm happy I made the switch.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

EJK and Akrapovic installed over the weekend. Sounds legendary. I can see how you would need ear plugs without DB killer.

20140927_170201_zpsa4e7035d.jpg

• Like 4

EJK and Akrapovic installed over the weekend. Sounds legendary. I can see how you would need ear plugs without DB killer. 

20140927_170201_zpsa4e7035d.jpg

Yea I took my DB killer out and holy crap is it loud. I severely damaged my DB killer while removing it so I won't be putting it back in. I'll be riding with ear plugs from now on
  • Like 1

Ups just showed up this morning while I was sitting on my front porch and hand me this http://www.bagking.com/ogio-tail-bag-black.html .I must say quality is very good it comes with rain cover it's expendable and installation is fairly easy.Got it for 62.95 using their 10% off coupon for sign up compared to 74+ on ebay.I will post some pics later.

Ups just showed up this morning while I was sitting on my front porch and hand me this http://www.bagking.com/ogio-tail-bag-black.html .I must say quality is very good it comes with rain cover it's expendable and installation is fairly easy.Got it for 62.95 using their 10% off coupon for sign up compared to 74+ on ebay.I will post some pics later.
That looks nice.  Looking forward to your photos.  I'm in the market for a nice tail bag.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!