The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Gave her a nice shower and also cleaned & lubed her chain. I wish someone did the same to me! LOL!

Chain before clean&lube:

[attachment id=1775" thumbnail="1]

Chain after clean&lube:

[attachment id=1776" thumbnail="1]

Dark-Y after her nice shower:

[attachment id=1778" thumbnail="1]

[attachment id=1777" thumbnail="1]

Note 1: Chain cleaned used kerosene & The Grunge brushe (this is really a must have tool!)

Note 2: Dark-Y shower was done using [/url]Mucoff Shampoo Spray for cleaning + Plexus Spray & Silicone Spray for finish

Note 3: Chain lubrication was done using Yamalube On-Road Chain Lube

Note 4: Miller beer and Music were in place but can be replaced as you wish

- Pancho

• Like 4

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Global Moderator

Is that a 599gto?
488 GTB

Ah...
forgot for a sec that the 599 looks like a vette
still a gorgeous car

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

you really do need to be careful where you blast high pressure water. it'll get into electrics, past wheel bearing seals and all manner of places that riding a lifetime in the rain will never cause. Better to leave it dirty, imo

• Premium Member
phicurious86
you really do need to be careful where you blast high pressure water. it'll get into electrics, past wheel bearing seals and all manner of places that riding a lifetime in the rain will never cause. Better to leave it dirty, imo
+1

I absolutely would not use a pressure wash to wash a bike. If you've looked inside at all the electronics stuff that's exposed you'll realize that pressure wash is a bad idea.  If you want to clean a bike, wipe it down with a mild cleaning agent like soap+water. Follow up with some alcohol on a rag (optional) or plain water, and then finish with a clean, dry, micro-fiber towel (or something equally non abrasive). Takes more time than the wash, but better for the bike. 

Guest ChicagoAJ
+1  
I absolutely would not use a pressure wash to wash a bike. If you've looked inside at all the electronics stuff that's exposed you'll realize that pressure wash is a bad idea.  If you want to clean a bike, wipe it down with a mild cleaning agent like soap+water. Follow up with some alcohol on a rag (optional) or plain water, and then finish with a clean, dry, micro-fiber towel (or something equally non abrasive). Takes more time than the wash, but better for the bike. 

+1 
I never even hose my bike down. If the plastics are dirty I'll use a damp towel to wipe them down and maybe finish with a wax, but I haven't waxed this bike since the plastics are matte (on my Silver/Blurple). Clean my wheels with Goop and a paper towel and that's basically it. 

I used to be a mechanic for year and years and pressure washing is so bad for paint in general, all it takes is one little rust pinhole and say goodbye to a good square foot of paint before you even realize what's happening. Granted most car wash pressure washers are weak, but tell that to the guy at my old shop who thought it was a good idea to use the pressure washer hooked up to 150psi air line to clean the dust particles off a freshly painted Mack truck. We had to strip, sand, prime, and paint the whole thing again on the shop's dime because of that idiot. 
  • Like 1

A ride through one of my favorite Glens.  

That sky isnt CGI by the way. It doesnt always rain in Scotland  :P:D
Beautiful! I'd probably run off the road looking at the scenery though, haha xD
  • Like 2

bigdaddybane
I've been pressure washing my bikes for the past 20 years ... never had a problem. Unless you spray electric components with a full blast from 2 inch distance, your bike will be just fine.     
  • Like 1

• Global Moderator
40D210B9-4BF0-4DF5-97DC-2202995535B0_zpsf7pfdnpq.png Ordered these
That's a bit of an odd combination there don't you think

Guest ChicagoAJ
Really want to pull the trigger on a black front sprocket cover but I've been waiting for someone else to get it first. Let us know how it works! 
EDIT: Just made an offer on a black one for $17.99 and we settled on $20 with free shipping. Guess I'll let everyone know how it works too, I really like that best offer feature on eBay but my bank account sure doesn't. 
  • Like 2

• Global Moderator

Really want to pull the trigger on a black front sprocket cover but I've been waiting for someone else to get it first. Let us know how it works! 
EDIT: Just made an offer on a black one for $17.99 and we settled on $20 with free shipping. Guess I'll let everyone know how it works too, I really like that best offer feature on eBay but my bank account sure doesn't. 

Graves has a front sprocket cover available... not 20 bucks... but well made

Guest ChicagoAJ

Graves has a front sprocket cover available... not 20 bucks... but well made
I've honestly never had a bad cheap CNC part from China yet. At less than 1/3 of the price - I'm willing to risk it. Plus I like the look better than the Graves unit. 

• Premium Member
Well, here's a sneak peak.  Review (after some miles) yet to come... 

First impressions... very well made, nice materials and fit.  Sat on it and went Wow!

Damn Rowdy, that's one very sharp, comfy looking seat! Stylin'! 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Treated my-self and got some awesome deals from @bellissimoto

Really, whatever I say will come short in here as I got an awesome support, guidance and even better deal so I'd just encourage you all gals&guys if you have any projects in mind just PM Bellissimoto and ask for them for help/estimates.

Thanks to all @Bellissimoto crew but specially to Paul! You rock bro!

- Pancho

• Like 3

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

bellissimoto

Thank you @panchobullet !!! Really appreciate the kind words my friend. Pleasure doing business with you!

:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

Stared at it... wondering when i'll finish putting the thing back.together

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I changed the angle of my handlebars so I don't have to lean forward as much.
Such a simple change but the ride feels so different.
Yay.

• Like 3

booboobusfz07

Deleted the passenger pegs and mounted the reservoir with a modified reflector bracket. Dig the look.

• Like 1

Guest ChicagoAJ
Deleted the passenger pegs and mounted the reservoir with a modified reflector bracket. Dig the look.
The reflector bracket(s) from the front fork? That's a good idea. 
  • Like 1

I did the same. Works well.

booboobusfz07

Indeed. I wanna clean it up a bit more and paint it but I was in a rush and it works perfectly. Think I might do a DIY for it.
I cut one of the angle sides off with a dremel so it's just the flat piece and one L section. Drilled out the hole that was to small for the frame bolt and used some washers and the oem mount for the reservoir.

74_1466018449144.jpeg
76_1466018444915.jpeg
  • Like 1