The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Last night I cut off my rear axle...

58019a4531fe2fa993200bc45b346fca.jpg

9a5cb5aa8fe723721f97acdc1c0e6e8e.jpg

6e0d5b5a2d24f9e3279526c6195228e6.jpg

Gotta do some cleaning today and replace the sprockets and chain. Yay...

• Like 2

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

520 conversion?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

520 conversion?
Not this time. Next time around I will. By that time, this bike might become a FZ-07R. I'm planning on getting the FZ-10 later.
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Hope you get it back on the road @jeffkisthename. I might just catch up to your mileage soon! ...You're lucky I haven't been riding it as much since it's overdue for its 20K service.

@sorkyah - YOU CAN DO IT. Get that thing back together!

• Like 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

Hope you get it back on the road @jeffkisthename. I might just catch up to your mileage soon! ...You're lucky I haven't been riding it as much since it's overdue for its 20K service.  
@sorkyah - YOU CAN DO IT. Get that thing back together!

Getting the seat looked at today...
holy crap you caught up to me moto?
Shame...

• Premium Member

So...forgive me as I've never used my passport, but the cables on the handlebar look upside down, the mirror positions are interesting, please explain the "erect" philosophy, and what's the center round thing? Also, if the cables are underneath rather than above, are the controls different?

PS. I would so love to ride where you are - I totally want to see Scotland!. It's beautiful!

Peace..

-----
I.AM.
-----

-Burtacus

Guest 2wheeler

Just got my Evotech radiator guard, and they don't appear to make them anymore with the embossed/raised EP letters on them. I bought the guard expecting it (not super happy about it), so this was a pleasant surprise!

At the bottom and to the left, it says "Evotech Performance" with the EP logo, but it's in a pretty small, dark gray print - very not noticeable with it being 1/4" high and 1.75" long

Another plus, I checked Motostarz's website and they knocked the price down again to $80.04 plus shipping - unfortunately I paid $84 and change, but I thought I would let everyone know 8-)

Guest ChicagoAJ
Just got my Evotech radiator guard, and they don't appear to make them anymore with the embossed/raised EP letters on them. I bought the guard expecting it (not super happy about it), so this was a pleasant surprise! 
At the bottom and to the left, it says "Evotech Performance" with the EP logo, but it's in a pretty small, dark gray print - very not noticeable with it being 1/4" high and 1.75" long

Another plus, I checked Motostarz's website and they knocked the price down again to $80.04 plus shipping - unfortunately I paid $84 and change, but I thought I would let everyone know 8-)

Damn, want to trade? I never liked the raised EP. 

• Global Moderator

Figured i would give a sneak preview of my upcoming reveal
got the seat re-covered and re-padded in the same shape as stock... with a thicker and higher density foam

b6eaf9769ee0931150faf396a7a5c4f5.jpg

f160fb1be2e740d037f6b344094a0df7.jpg

This is the material that was used
specially made vinyl for boat seats

Figured it would work great because its made to be wet and still maintain high traction

e2259980732e34b952f711e0de8b2a0f.jpg

• Like 5

• Premium Member

Interesting lump there in the middle. Extra support for the boys? :)

• Like 3

- Andy

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Motodynamic Integrated Taillight and Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy thing.

2635e6af268b527a48126da44a20b74e.jpg

619b057b6fb01de0f0a7d41157744d52.jpg

e2530c8f3b9690b82cf5b049c796a166.jpg

• Like 4

SigSide.jpg

jeffkisthename

How did that Dremel work out for the job? I bought one a few months ago but haven't used it yet.

Also, I take it your original rear signals are still hooked up and working since you left them on??? Good idea if so. Just splice the wires together if so?

• Like 1

Beemer

• Global Moderator
Interesting lump there in the middle. Extra support for the boys? :)
Its just the angle...
that bump is the crease you see in the second photo

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
jeffkisthename 
How did that Dremel work out for the job? I bought one a few months ago but haven't used it yet.

Also, I take it your original rear signals are still hooked up and working since you left them on??? Good idea if so. Just splice the wires together if so?
Took two hours to cut the damn bolt off, because I had to keep changing cutting disc and what not.

I actually bought the stock signals from a forum member and they had LED bulbs in them. This tail tidy has mounts you can use for stock signals (like the Yoshimura kit). I spliced the wiring for both the Motodynamic taillight (removed the resistors and took the signal connectors) and the stock signals. You have to use an LED Relay for everything to work correctly. Well, only if you want the sequential blinking that is. You don't need the LED relay if you want fast blinking with no sequential blinking.

• Like 3

SigSide.jpg

Installed SickSpeed Horn, used wiring harness.  Very happy with it.  Now I can pip my hooter properly.  I'd say it took about 2 hours total.  Removed left side panel, seat, seat "plate", left side radiator cover.  Routed the wiring direct to the battery, under the tank and through some of the wiring ties.  Had to make a bracket, very simple, only needed one slight bend.  Perfect for my urban commute.  Recorded with my iPhone,  Decibel meter app says 100 + decibels.

If you hear the "WHAT" in the background .. wife thought I was honking to get her attention.  Lmao

http://vid1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag212/Jerry_Vezzosi/SickSpeedHorn_zpsxaovgo91.mp4

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

@lildrumr , nice upgrade. They look like the ones made by Gilles for Yamaha, is this correct?

@lildrumr , nice upgrade. They look like the ones made by Gilles for Yamaha, is this correct?

They are! @Bellissimoto is a supporting vendor here and sells them!

• Global Moderator
They are! @bellissimoto , is a supporting vendor here and sells them!
how do those mount?  i'm looking at getting a pair myself

Guest 2wheeler

Just installed my EP-free Evotech radiator guard. Considering how easy it is to install, how cheap to make on a mass scale, and how important the protection is, I have no idea why Yamaha doesn't do that from the factory.

All black and the new style without the raised/embossed letters really makes the bike look much better!

• Global Moderator
Just installed my EP-free Evotech radiator guard. Considering how easy it is to install, how cheap to make on a mass scale, and how important the protection is, I have no idea why Yamaha doesn't do that from the factory. 
All black and the new style without the raised/embossed letters really makes the bike look much better!

they do have one.... now came out with the 16 models apparantly

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/fz-07-radiator-guard?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28|28&f=2016|212&dealernumber=

wish i could get one that said MT-07...
or that it had the MT logo instead