The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

bellissimoto

Your welcome @sorkyah!  

That looks awesome, can't wait to see it all back together!

:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Guest ChicagoAJ
I got mine but red gonna install it later too 
I got
So it is gloss black paint or anodized?  Post pics installed too. ;) 

Seems to be painted gloss black. 

Installed some CRG Arrow bar end mirrors, RhinoMoto adapters, and some grippier Driven D-Axis grips to replace the slick stock grips. I filled the left stock mirror hole with a Ram Mount for the cell phone, and am going to add another on the right for GPS (I left the mirror base in to change height so the GPS sits above the tach display).

yI81jbv.jpg

9wCRZs3.jpg

• Like 1

Installed some CRG Arrow bar end mirrors, RhinoMoto adapters, and some grippier Driven D-Axis grips to replace the slick stock grips. I filled the left stock mirror hole with a Ram Mount for the cell phone, and am going to add another on the right for GPS (I left the mirror base in to change height so the GPS sits above the tach display). 

Get some form of UV protectant or coating/enamel/polish etc for those CRG mirrors. Unfortunately CRG has some bad anodizing on their products and even in WA state in a garaged environment, you will come to realize over time the black will fade to brown. Maybe UV protectant will help prevent that. People in AZ be sporting bronze/brown CRGs all day long. :D

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Hey fusbal, that's the tall Puig screen, right?  How's it work for you?  Even at 5'6" I get blasted over 70MPH with only a fly screen.

Hey fusbal, that's the tall Puig screen, right?  How's it work for you?  Even at 5'6" I get blasted over 70MPH with only a fly screen.
I actually bought both the sport and the sport touring (I think that's what the tall one is called).  I found the sport to be useless - worse than having nothing really, because it just directed all the air up to my upper chest, shoulders, and head.  That resulted in an odd stress feeling where most of my body is fine but my head and shoulders were constantly being pushed back.  

The sport touring actually works and I can't recommend it enough.  I get some air on the top of my helmet, but the design of the helmet does its job at that point and cuts through the additional wind.

I don't like the way the sport touring looks as much on this bike, but I care more about function over form.
  • Like 1

Get some form of UV protectant or coating/enamel/polish etc for those CRG mirrors. Unfortunately CRG has some bad anodizing on their products and even in WA state in a garaged environment, you will come to realize over time the black will fade to brown. Maybe UV protectant will help prevent that. People in AZ be sporting bronze/brown CRGs all day long. :D
Well that's a bummer.

• Premium Member

Is it only me or has your bike became a monster too .... cant stop fing with it lol

• Like 1

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

Nice to see more fork mounted leds! Love that look.
How did you mount yours?

• Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Nice to see more fork mounted leds! Love that look. How did you mount yours?

I bought a denali mount for them.  I'm not handy enough to fabricate my own means of mounting them that I'd trust to not snap when I hit a bump. 
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-fender-mount-kit-for-d1-d2-driving-lights

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-d2-led-driving-light-kit

I've got them wired into the high/low beams, so they run as additional daytime running lights/low beams, and then unleash their fury when I flip on the high beams.  I like them, but I don't think they're worth the money.

• Premium Member
Well that's a bummer.
Tonight I put some Meguiars Ultimate Black on mine, while doing the black plastics. It seemed to give them a protective coating and turn them a little blacker, so I'm hoping it might work for a while. I want to find some of this, because I've heard good things about it.

Why can't left turners see us?

Well that's a bummer.
Yeah, my hindsight is brown black compared to my arrows.  I put Klasse sealant on it, hoping that works.  I'll find out about 6 months- which is how long I had the hindsights on.  And its right smack in summer in WA here so maybe I can get in a lot of sun and see if there is a color change. 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
Nice to see more fork mounted leds! Love that look. How did you mount yours?

I bought a denali mount for them.  I'm not handy enough to fabricate my own means of mounting them that I'd trust to not snap when I hit a bump. 
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-fender-mount-kit-for-d1-d2-driving-lights

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-d2-led-driving-light-kit

I've got them wired into the high/low beams, so they run as additional daytime running lights/low beams, and then unleash their fury when I flip on the high beams.  I like them, but I don't think they're worth the money.

I picked up 4 of the denali dm micros (5w each) and mounted in the same spot. Yours are even beefier at 10w. They're pretty damn bright,  even blinding at night. I leave all 4 of them on during the day with my high beam, and if it ensures that one single person sees me instead of nails me then they've paid for themselves right then and there. They dont appear to dazzle anyone as I havent gotten any complaints. (I do watch faces...no irritation shown) Pardon me for saying so but you might not be giving these little pods enough credit. IMO its money well spent, they're excellent quality super bright pods, they look cool and most importantly they increase being conspicuous out there. Who knows they might have already saved your azz from some idiot. ;)

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121982364700?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Put these on order after the woodcraft bars my feet need to be moved I feel arched over and the stock set scrapes before you use all your tire soooooo. I hope they work out Ive herd a few guys have them here and I have the $20 levers and they work great fingers crossed.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Having Driven Racing TT rearsets put on the ride right now. Then home to add the MT motocage and black side covers to complete the look. Sadly have to wait for my woodcraft clip ons and crash covers to come in on Monday.... Lol

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member

Threw on the R&G case covers, followed by the obligatory 'walk around' and gaze time.
Not surprisingly it's lightning and rain yet again. >:(

• Global Moderator
Threw on the R&G case covers, followed by the obligatory 'walk around' and gaze time. Not surprisingly it's lightning and rain yet again. >:(

I cant wait til that lightning and rain come out here
monsoon season here we come :)
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Managed to get one of my woodcraft frame sliders off to put on my right side motocage. Butttt like all DIY projects something had to go wrong. Stripped the other bolt that secures the puck to the frame slider base. So now I can't remove the puck to remove the engine mount bolt inside. Ughhh! I'll have to take it to my local dealership guys on Monday to help strip that bolt out. I'll finish the left side motocage then too. But I'll also have my woodcraft clips on installed and crash covers so yay for that!

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Global Moderator
Managed to get one of my woodcraft frame sliders off to put on my right side motocage. Butttt like all DIY projects something had to go wrong. Stripped the other bolt that secures the puck to the frame slider base. So now I can't remove the puck to remove the engine mount bolt inside. Ughhh! I'll have to take it to my local dealership guys on Monday to help strip that bolt out. I'll finish the left side motocage then too. But I'll also have my woodcraft clips on installed and crash covers so yay for that!
ran into the same issue when removing mine...
do you have the metal or plastic pucks?

ran into the same issue when removing mine... do you have the metal or plastic pucks?
I have the metal pucks... Of course. Lol if only it were that easy to saw it off @sorkyah :mad:

• Global Moderator

ran into the same issue when removing mine... do you have the metal or plastic pucks?
I have the metal pucks... Of course. Lol if only it were that easy to saw it off @sorkyah :mad:

I ruined 3 drill bits while attempting to replace both of mine after my crash

ended up taking a dremel and cutoff wheel to the puck around the bolts...

6d4ca847334506f629f7b57baa9bceda.jpg

b58f5491b64a54e263c57a9ce6a55ccf.jpg

0b6fe53e2892940a66d2645dba32716e.jpg

The puck that took all the damage in the crash didnt fight me much...
the right side one however... holy hell

@sorkyah Oh man that's disheartening to hear! That def looks like a lot of work just to replace this part! I'm gonna let the shop guys handle it when I go in on Monday to get my clip ons. If I had only known how much of a b*tch it was gonna be to just remove these sliders, I'd never have put them on lol

• Like 1